• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Texans Team as a Whole

SaltAndPepper

13 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

If Burrow didn’t keep bailing them out they lose. This team would have lost that game. We can’t survive 1 QB turnover let alone 3. 

Ground player of the week is Singletary. Yeah I’d love for one of our RBs to do that. Stroud can be currently better than Young AND be in a better situation. Both things can be true despite what people want to believe. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Ground player of the week is Singletary. Yeah I’d love for one of our RBs to do that. Stroud can be currently better than Young AND be in a better situation. Both things can be true despite what people want to believe. 

Can't for the life of me understand why that's a sticking point for anyone that watches the games. Guys actually watched the Texans play and came away thinking Stroud was doing everything by himself on that team - pulling a bunch of bums kicking and screaming into relevance. Dude is balling, but Brown, Tank, Nico and Schultz are making plays all over the place. Contested catches, breaking long YAC, jet sweeps, toe drags, high pointing balls, tracking deep passes while running away from coverage. That ain't happening here. Bryce wasn't completing deep passes early in the season because Mingo and TMJ simply didn't have the ability to go get the ball. Any of those "overthrows" would have been deep completions to any of the Houston's 3 starting receivers. 

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

The Texans are 25th in the NFL in rushing YPG we are 27th.

Stop. Coping.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

The Texans are 25th in the NFL in rushing YPG we are 27th.

Stop. Coping.

Coping must be the word of the year for you.  First of all 25 is better than 27 and secondly he just had his running back drop 150 and a TD in a game where he had 3 turnovers which absolutely helped them win.  Their defense also forced Burrow into several turnovers.  Stroud is better than Young that's proven now so not sure where the "coping" is coming from other than that's just a word you use when someone has a different opinion.  Again Stroud is special and I wish he was here, but he would find it more difficult here than in Houston without a doubt. 

So you genuinely think Fitt and his squad built a better roster for their QB than Caserio did?  I think you know better than that.  Caserio is a leading candidate for Executive of the Year.  In summary Stroud is great, but also give their staff and HC some credit as well.  Great job all around by Houston.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

First of all 25 is better than 27

I like you Jimmy but this right here negates anything else you said and frankly just sounds like something poundaway would say.

They have 71 more rushing yards on the season than us. Their run game just had their first big day and it only took half a season.

And it's cute people keep running around spamming the number of picks CJ Stroud threw but blamed anyone they could think of for Bryce Young throwing 2 pick sixes to the same defender in one game.

I honestly wouldn't be that mad if Bryce were turning the ball over pushing downfield but he's thrown some awful stinkers just not seeing the field and Dalton had almost just as many deep completions as Bryce has all season.

You can have honest conversations about the differences between CJ and Bryce but the self deception is unnecessary.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

I like you Jimmy but this right here negates anything else you said and frankly just sounds like something poundaway would say.

They have 71 more rushing yards on the season than us. Their run game just had their first big day and it only took half a season.

My point is even their weakness is still better than our running game.  When was the last time we had a RB drop 150 and a TD.  They are adapting and getting better we are doing the opposite.  I will say Stroud's success passing is probably opening up their running game as well.  

Again do you think Fitt did an equal or better job than their GM?  This isn't a Young cope as much as it's a Fitt/Tepper/whoever built this roster insult.  Maybe that can let you give an honest opinion without having to defend Young.  Trying to have an actual football discussion with the cope trolls rolling in.  

Just now, ForJimmy said:

My point is even their weakness is still better than our running game.  When was the last time we had a RB drop 150 and a TD.  They are adapting and getting better we are doing the opposite.  I will say Stroud's success passing is probably opening up their running game as well.  

Again do you think Fitt did an equal or better job than their GM?  This isn't a Young cope as much as it's a Fitt/Tepper/whoever built this roster insult.  Maybe that can let you give an honest opinion without having to defend Young.  Trying to have an actual football discussion with the cope trolls rolling in.  

The bolded is really all we need to say and we agree on that. When you have a gifted passer he might make some mistakes along the way but eventually it's going to open up the rest of your offense.

We both know Fitterer should be gone.

But you would be hard pressed to have found many huddlers here back in late April who would have told you the Texans GM was one of the best in the league and we had assembled a skill position group that is one of the worst in the league.

I think the success of Caserio boils down to the first part of my post. When you select a franchise QB it's easier for other pieces to fall right into place.

But. It's still early for both franchises. It's a year to year process and one or two bad moves can send you back to square one. We'll see.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

The bolded is really all we need to say and we agree on that. When you have a gifted passer he might make some mistakes along the way but eventually it's going to open up the rest of your offense.

We both know Fitterer should be gone.

But you would be hard pressed to have found many huddlers here back in late April who would have told you the Texans GM was one of the best in the league and we had assembled a skill position group that is one of the worst in the league.

I think the success of Caserio boils down to the first part of my post. When you select a franchise QB it's easier for other pieces to fall right into place.

But. It's still early for both franchises. It's a year to year process and one or two bad moves can send you back to square one. We'll see.

Stroud is legit, but Burrow couldn't do what he is doing his rookie year, Manning, Brees, name pretty much an HoF QB you want and they couldn't dream of having a rookie year like he is.  Part of that is Stroud, but also part of that is Houston for building a roster that has allowed him to show his skills and throw these WRs open that can take it to the house.  The Schultz pick up was a great move for example, cheaper and better than Hurst.  Their LT Tunsil is playing in a scheme that fits him and looks great.  They flipped Watson (who now can't stay healthy) for 3 1st round picks. Dell looks to be a steal (props to Stroud for recommending him),and Collins is making a leap.  The Texans OC is letting Stroud be Stroud and it's paying dividends for him.  

Yeah people were wrong about the Texans roster vs ours, but a lot of people wanted Young over Stroud as well.  Talking heads included.  People are wrong all the time about teams/players before the season starts.  It's not an insult to Stroud or trying to prop Young up, it's complimenting the Texans with Stroud for building a solid young team around him.  

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Stroud is legit, but Burrow couldn't do what he is doing his rookie year, Manning, Brees, name pretty much an HoF QB you want and they couldn't dream of having a rookie year like he is.  Part of that is Stroud, but also part of that is Houston for building a roster that has allowed him to show his skills and throw these WRs open that can take it to the house.  The Schultz pick up was a great move for example, cheaper and better than Hurst.  Their LT Tunsil is playing in a scheme that fits him and looks great.  They flipped Watson (who now can't stay healthy) for 3 1st round picks. Dell looks to be a steal (props to Stroud for recommending him),and Collins is making a leap.  The Texans OC is letting Stroud be Stroud and it's paying dividends for him.  

Yeah people were wrong about the Texans roster vs ours, but a lot of people wanted Young over Stroud as well.  Talking heads included.  People are wrong all the time about teams/players before the season starts.  It's not an insult to Stroud or trying to prop Young up, it's complimenting the Texans with Stroud for building a solid young team around him.  

It's a hard pill to swallow hearing Stroud be compared to some of the best QB's of all time. And not like with us before he's even done anything or taken a snap either. He's actually proving it in real time.

That Watson trade is crucial for them. Hats off to them for navigating that so well.

Anyone can be wrong about a draft pick. Some notable and very wise former Panthers players were absurdly wrong about Stroud. That's how the cookie crumbles I guess. I can't lie to you and say I'm not a little bitter though. Down the line I will put a lot less stock in these things. It's probably the best approach.

I figured we would be able to get in the end zone against the Bears. Big yikes. But maybe we'll see some glimmer of progress this weekend. Seems like a tall order. Here's to hoping for at least one trip to the end zone on Sunday and the game not resulting in too much of a blood bath.

cheers-tyrion-lannister.gif.8a88507c412db0883546575ffa710542.gif

17 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's a hard pill to swallow hearing Stroud be compared to some of the best QB's of all time. And not like with us before he's even done anything or taken a snap either. He's actually proving it in real time.

That Watson trade is crucial for them. Hats off to them for navigating that so well.

Anyone can be wrong about a draft pick. Some notable and very wise former Panthers players were absurdly wrong about Stroud. That's how the cookie crumbles I guess. I can't lie to you and say I'm not a little bitter though. Down the line I will put a lot less stock in these things. It's probably the best approach.

I figured we would be able to get in the end zone against the Bears. Big yikes. But maybe we'll see some glimmer of progress this weekend. Seems like a tall order. Here's to hoping for at least one trip to the end zone on Sunday and the game not resulting in too much of a blood bath.

cheers-tyrion-lannister.gif.8a88507c412db0883546575ffa710542.gif

No doubt. Enjoyed the friendly banter. At the end of the day just trying to talk football about what another team did that has shown some immediate success because we might not see it for a while over here. 

I have tried to stay out of this conversation as much as possible, but I disagree with this article, as someone who has actually watched most of the Texans games this year.  The article itself says that basically this WR suck, and that is true, the reason they don't?  Because they have a QB that is getting the ball out of his hands quick meaning that Collins doesn't have to sit in the zone long, he turns, and the ball is there.  Stroud is also hitting his speedy receivers like Dell in stride so they can actually take advantage of their speed, Dell rarely has to slow down to catch a ball.  With our guys the ball is either under thrown or thrown a mile over their heads, why do you think we don't through many go routes?  Everyone knows we are doing an out route so yea, if a defense knows you can't through it more than 10 yards they can kinda sit on your receivers.  Personally, I would give the panthers a nod in the talent department; no, I'm not kidding.  Our defense is better, our skilled positions have tried and true vets that have been in this league and succeeded with other teams.  Houston is playing with a bunch of guys no one had heard of until this year.  In other words what I'm trying to say is, A good QB can make an entire team look a lot better than they actually are.  Defenses can look good when they aren't on the field 3/4 of the game.  Shitty receivers can be all pro when it's almost impossible for them to drop the ball due to placement, running backs have huge gaps to run through when you can pass the ball down the field more than 10 yards and more than twice a game.  And it also works the other way, I don't think Devante Adams and DeAndre Hopkins suddenly suck, just to name a few.

• Poo 1