• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Texans Team as a Whole

SaltAndPepper

2 hours ago, Icege said:

It is so strange seeing Panthers fans going out of their way to defend another team's QB the same way they did/do for Cam.

It is even weirder how when folks point out that the Texans have done a much better job of supporting CJ with pass protection, play calling, play design, receivers getting open, and finding success in the run game that some of CJ's fans get personally offended. I haven't seen anything stated nor insinuated that CJ is being carried by the Texans, but I've definitely seen his fans make sure to scream that CJ and CJ alone is the sole reason for the Texans' recent success (and damn any data or film showing otherwise!).

Folks went from complaining about Cam not getting the OL + WR help that he needed to refusing to acknowledge the same situation for Bryce... what a time.

I will take the opinions of texans fans who watch the team closer than anybody else, have endured only a handful of wins the last couple years, had to deal with scrutiny over ownership and a former QB off field issues,  ranked at the bottom of the league by everybody consistently every year over the opinions of fans of another team who only making remarks on that team to push a narrative and thought that team was completely irrelevant just a few months ago.

• Beer 1

53 minutes ago, RumHam said:

You cannot sit here and tell me Houston has better options or offensive coaching. They also started with four backup lineman. This is all Stroud, he is him. Bryce defenders can cry more. Bryce, in the perfect sitation, looks fantastic, but the coaches don't put him there, they keep him in this bubble of the same four plays. Looks like the same offense when Rhule coached, who had two coordinators. I wouldn't be surprised if Tepper is like look protect my asset make sure this poo is conservative but also score points.

The HC is a DC.  So the O gets to be the O.  They hired a young guy from the Kyle Shanahan tree that was their passing coordinator.   So yeah, in the year 2023, that seems like a MUCH smarter direction/coaching for an O than our plan of hiring the fired Frank Reich. 

and the Matt Rhule 2020 (with CMC hurt) offense was clearly better than what we are doing in 2023.  That unit actually got some overachieving praise.  It wasn't good but their was good within it.  Heck, even the Matt Rhule 2021 O when we had to fire Joe Brady...was still performing better than us today. 

I think Houston probably does have better offensive coaching.  It's 2023.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Oh poo you have the fantasy app my bad.  Makes you wonder why coaches or scouts ever watch tape with that fantasy app around right?  I just think the word "cope" is trending and being used when people don't like anything positive or just to completely troll/derail threads like in this case.  Repeating the same word/phrase over and over again when it isn't applicable is the Rippadon Effect wherever he may be.  Again this whole thread is in response to an article that none of us wrote.  We can compliment the Texans without hurting Stroud it's ok, I promise it's ok...

Half the league's coaches scouts and executives get sent packing every few years regardless of the amount of tape they digest and the years of experience they have. This league is often just blind luck.

There are truly no threads to derail at this point in time. The Panthers could not reach the end zone one single time against the second worst team in the league and undrafted afterthought Tyson Bagent at times looked similar or better than our #1 pick. This is the lowest we've been in a long time. If what you perceive to be shitposting is getting to you I would just direct yourself away from some of these threads.

I pity ol' rippadonn. Hopefully he's still hanging in there okay. He's got to feel some level of vindication through this mess.

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

Half the league's coaches scouts and executives get sent packing every few years regardless of the amount of tape they digest and the years of experience they have. This league is often just blind luck.

There are truly no threads to derail at this point in time. The Panthers could not reach the end zone one single time against the second worst team in the league and undrafted afterthought Tyson Bagent at times looked similar or better than our #1 pick. This is the lowest we've been in a long time. If what you perceive to be shitposting is getting to you I would just direct yourself away from some of these threads.

I pity ol' rippadonn. Hopefully he's still hanging in there okay. He's got to feel some level of vindication through this mess.

To be clear you are saying game tape is irrelevant?  I just wanted to double check with you...

We were literally posting about a writer complimenting the Texans roster.  It's not saying they are a top roster, but that made a nice jump in year one of Ryans.  Stroud is without a doubt a huge part of it as the article states.  You want this to be a Young/Stroud debate but it's not.  Stroud is better than Young no one is arguing that.  

Rippadonn was actually right for once but it didn't come into fruition until after he was banned.  Poor guy...  He is getting his victory lap somewhere.  

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

To be clear you are saying game tape is irrelevant?  I just wanted to double check with you...

We were literally posting about a writer complimenting the Texans roster.  It's not saying they are a top roster, but that made a nice jump in year one of Ryans.  Stroud is without a doubt a huge part of it as the article states.  You want this to be a Young/Stroud debate but it's not.  Stroud is better than Young no one is arguing that.  

Rippadonn was actually right for once but it didn't come into fruition until after he was banned.  Poor guy...  He is getting his victory lap somewhere.  

To be clear we are done with the notion I'm Stroud's dad and his biggest fan now right?

I think the Texans are mainly being steered by the tutelage of Ryans putting his stamp on the team after learning under Shanahan and the natural talent and leadership of Stroud. Where they head next year if they take the next step depends on how their GM navigates the offseason. All it takes is a single bad one to send you two steps back. We know all about this.

Maybe he'll make a return. We'll certainly recognize him if it happens.

34 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Nah I don’t. I do know Howell has 3 pass catchers better than anything we have over here. 

30 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He is also not a rookie...

Last year Taylor Heinicke and Carson Wentz had McLaurin Dotson and Samuel. Their oline also gave up 48 sacks. How'd that work out of them and where are they now?

Also. Howell has 11 career starts. 3 more than Bryce Young.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Last year Taylor Heinicke and Carson Wentz had McLaurin Dotson and Samuel. Their oline also gave up 48 sacks. How'd that work out of them and where are they now?

Also. Howell has 11 career starts. 3 more than Bryce Young.

I'd argue sitting for a year helps regardless of games played.  Regardless Howell is legit and dropped due to the offensive play around him his final year.  The man was a first round talent they stole in the 5th.  If only we picked him over Corral.  We can't get this QB thing right no matter how hard we try.  We have stripped down our roster and draft capital trying to land one and missed on Howell and Stroud.  Maybe Young can work out, but a lot has to change very quickly....