• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thought as to why frank may get canned monday

RumHam

Just now, Johnstonny said:

Say what you will about no lips Sean Payton but he puttin in work in Denver...

he's not incompetent. They're not beating good teams. The bills aren't good right now. They just beat Josh Dobbs. If we had the Browns schedule or Steelers schedule, we probably would have more than one win. Our schedule has been pretty brutal. The cake walks ended up being good. Titans are beatable but then again Brucie is our QB.

the team and Bryce are getting worse.  And the start was already horrific. 

we should fire Frank. Look at the Raiders.  Look at us last year.   There is zero doubt someone else could take over and improve us.  Frank brings out the worst in everyone.  10 weeks in and he can't make adjustments a 10 year old could figure out.

8 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

Say what you will about no lips Sean Payton but he puttin in work in Denver...

Amazing how they went from one of the worst teams in the NFL to back in the playoff hunt. Also it isn’t like they just beat a bunch of bad teams. 
There are some really quality wins against good teams in their and the defense is playing really well. 
I hate Wilson, Payton and the Broncos but even I have to nod in respect as to what they are doing over there. 

28 minutes ago, RumHam said:

he's not incompetent. They're not beating good teams. The bills aren't good right now. They just beat Josh Dobbs. If we had the Browns schedule or Steelers schedule, we probably would have more than one win. Our schedule has been pretty brutal. The cake walks ended up being good. Titans are beatable but then again Brucie is our QB.

Id say KC, Buffalo and Minnesota are quality wins. With the exception of the Miami game they have pretty much been in every game.  Its a fluke we have one win...

Edited by Johnstonny
  • Pie 1

I respect the desire for change and the need to fire Frank but I think the only personnel decision Tepper needs to make is bringing on a person that understands football operations.  Tepper has made many decisions that were not thought through carefully and this would just be another one.  It would likely create another cycle of the same thing we've witnessed thus far under his ownership. 

52 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I fail to see how we would have more wins w/ the Steelers schedule.  Technically, their SOS has been tougher than ours as they have faced a lot more top tier teams than we have.  49ers, Browns, Browns, Ravens, Jags, etc. 

We couldn't beat the Bears with a backup rookie QB.   Hard to think if we swapped that game for the Rams it changes things.  Or swapping the Falcons for the Raiders. 

We can't score points.  

Our lone chance of securing another win looks to be the Titans.   Any game we win outside that will be a team just imploding and losing vs us winning.   Our best chance for wins looks to of been early, before their was film on Bryce and this horrific O. 

28 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I respect the desire for change and the need to fire Frank but I think the only personnel decision Tepper needs to make is bringing on a person that understands football operations.  Tepper has made many decisions that were not thought through carefully and this would just be another one.  It would likely create another cycle of the same thing we've witnessed thus far under his ownership. 

Generally, I agree.  Issue is Bryce Young is regressing and things look more and more horrific each week.  So, regardless of what any one thinks of Bryce...keeping Frank employed is bad news for the health and development of Bryce.  And that still is a huge investment.   Some basic adjustments by an interim HC could at least reduce the damage to Bryce and have him salvageable for the next HC. 

• Pie 1