• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tommy Devito

BIGH2001

1 minute ago, BIGH2001 said:

Went 18-26 for 246 and 3 TDs today. This guy couldn’t throw a forward pass two weeks ago. And yet this team can’t put up more than one touchdown on offense week after week after week. Reich is the worst coach in the league by far. 

Reich is working with a QB he didn't want and that doesn't have what it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL.  I think Reich wants out of here as much as most of this board wants him gone.  

• Pie 4

14 minutes ago, WhamBamTYCam said:

Reich is working with a QB he didn't want and that doesn't have what it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL.  I think Reich wants out of here as much as most of this board wants him gone.  

Yup. I agree with you. Panthers don't have a lot of draft capital and are stuck with Bryce Young who severely handicap's their offense.

He throws a worse ball than Jake Delhomme did with Tommy John surgery. 

Edited by Cam Lawter
  • Pie 1

19 minutes ago, WhamBamTYCam said:

The Frank loves taller Qbs cry all pre-draft and draft weren't whispers of insanity at all!!

6 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

Yup. I agree with you. Panthers don't have a lot of draft capital and are stuck with Bryce Young who severely handicap's their offense.

He throws a worse ball than Jake Delhomme did with Tommy John surgery. 

He really does. Good reference. If anything it’s on par with with Jakes arm post surgery, and that essentially ended Jake as a starter. 

1 minute ago, Lurk21 said:

The Frank loves taller Qbs cry all pre-draft and draft weren't whispers of insanity at all!!

Reich’s only QB he drafted was Sam Ehlinger at 6’1”. He inherited a bunch of good QBs that were tall but it’s not like he developed Manning, Rivers, or Ryan. He thought he could “fix” Wentz but failed. I don’t know where is QB guru label cam from.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

Bryce is just a bad QB. End of story.

I don’t necessarily disagree. But there’s no way he’s worse than Devito. The point is that any coach worthy of being in the NFL should be able to put a game plan together to occasionally generate some offense. 10 games in and Grandpa Frank looks like a middle school PE teacher with a headset. 

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Reich’s only QB he drafted was Sam Ehlinger at 6’1”. He inherited a bunch of good QBs that were tall but it’s not like he developed Manning, Rivers, or Ryan. He thought he could “fix” Wentz but failed. I don’t know where is QB guru label cam from.

That's true but just speaking on his preferences. Yes, he is definitely  not a guru. He has rode the Eagles Super Bowl run into  job security practically. 

Just now, Lurk21 said:

That's true but just speaking on his preferences. Yes, he is definitely  not a guru. He has rode the Eagles Super Bowl run into  job security practically. 

Every coach would “prefer” a tall QB. Scouts were saying if Young was 6’2” he would be in Luck/Lawrence territory as a prospect. I like how Chris Simms put it. He said height is a skill. You prefer your guy to have it, but if they are better at other things it can offset it to a degree. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Every coach would “prefer” a tall QB. Scouts were saying if Young was 6’2” he would be in Luck/Lawrence territory as a prospect. I like how Chris Simms put it. He said height is a skill. You prefer your guy to have it, but if they are better at other things it can offset it to a degree. 

And arm talent is crucial with that...

3 minutes ago, Lurk21 said:

And arm talent is crucial with that...

That’s what confuses me. I’ve seen him throw bullets like that highlight of him sliding off that defender and throwing a dart to AT. I don’t know if he is trying to put too much touch or isn’t setting his feet, but his arm talent shouldn’t be a weakness. It was never advertised as elite, but should be capable…