• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scheme issues continue

Mr. Scot

12 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

Going to disagree. I was happy to see multiple running plays yesterday that used a power run scheme. I'm pretty sure Olsen commented on it during the broadcast as well. They also put Bryce under center more than I can remember in any other game.

So was I...when they were there. They went away from it though. I get that after the game got out of control, but not before.

Yesterday was argumably the best usage of Hubbard and Sanders they had. Would like to have seen Blackshear used more but at least it was something.

Hell, mid first half, I thought that might be the story of the game 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot

I just don't understand how the OL just looks so inept week in and week out, the same mistakes/errors over and over again. Obviously it's a scheme and coaching issue, but this is the NFL... these guys are supposed to be able to figure this out. They appear to have forgotten/scrapped literally everything that was successful from last year and just keep bashing their heads against the wall trying make this work. It's not going to.

57 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I just don't understand how the OL just looks so inept week in and week out, the same mistakes/errors over and over again. Obviously it's a scheme and coaching issue, but this is the NFL... these guys are supposed to be able to figure this out. They appear to have forgotten/scrapped literally everything that was successful from last year and just keep bashing their heads against the wall trying make this work. It's not going to.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 3

2 hours ago, frankw said:

The Bears and Giants are two of the worst teams in the league yet both had undrafted backup quarterbacks put up performances equal to or better than Bryce Young's best game to date.

You can only blame the scheme so much. At some point your QB has to dig in and make some plays regardless of circumstances. That's what you expect from a #1 overall pick. I feel like some people have become accustomed to just pointing fingers and lowering expectations.

The bears were in man coverage the entire game. Something they haven’t done all season.

Their safeties were all playing close to the LOS.

Teams have zero respect for our WRs.

QBs need to make plays for sure and he’s making rookie mistakes, but in our case there are no plays to make most of the time.

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That tweet is the perfect summary and why everyone has to go. This is on Frank and Fitt. Fitt should have known this when hiring Frank (if he didn’t he should be fired for that reason alone). Frank making this decision is the reason he has to go. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Tbe said:

The bears were in man coverage the entire game. Something they haven’t done all season.

Their safeties were all playing close to the LOS.

Teams have zero respect for our WRs.

QBs need to make plays for sure and he’s making rookie mistakes, but in our case there are no plays to make most of the time.

I'm not sitting here arguing our receivers are not part of the problem. But I do not think our weapons are as bad as have been often suggested. We put up the most points of the season with this same group on the road against a likely playoff team in the Seahawks with a washed up 35 year old QB.

The Giants OL is worse than ours and Tommy DeVito had 9.5 yards per attempt yesterday. Can you even fuging imagine that with the football we've seen this year? We've been lucky to finish with half that every week.

Look we all agree Reich needs to go and we want to see the OL and WR addressed going forward. But Bryce Young has got to show some signs of life in these remaining games it doesn't matter what's fair that's the rub he's a first overall pick. That is what comes with the territory.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

I'm not sitting here arguing our receivers are not part of the problem. But I do not think our weapons are as bad as have been often suggested. We put up the most points of the season with this same group on the road against a likely playoff team in the Seahawks with a washed up 35 year old QB.

The Giants OL is worse than ours and Tommy DeVito had 9.5 yards per attempt yesterday. Can you even fuging imagine that with the football we've seen this year? We've been lucky to finish with half that every week.

Look we all agree Reich needs to go and we want to see the OL and WR addressed going forward. But Bryce Young has got to show some signs of life in these remaining games it doesn't matter what's fair that's the rub he's a first overall pick. That is what comes with the territory.

The WR and OL would play better with a better scheme. Those guys aren’t burners, but they could do better. Our scheme just does nothing to help them get open. It’s nuts how easy we are to defend.

Bryce will get at least two more years.

the 2026 draft may be a new QB if he doesn’t work out.

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Still no changes...

Changing who calls the plays doesn't matter if your scheme is still a mismatch.

We're continuing to try and run a West Coast Offense with personnel who just don't hit a WCO scheme.

It makes no sense at all.

Why didn't our GM get personnel that fits better?

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The personnel were already here and playing great. The coaching staff was glad to have them.

Then they changed schemes...

between the coaching staff and Gm shouldn't they have known that in a different scheme they might struggle?  These are highly paid professionals who know so much more than us fans?

When was Reich hired?  January?  He and the GM should have known what scheme they were going to run.  They had a draft and entire free agency to address it.

• Pie 2