• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Unofficial GM/HC candidate list

methodtoll

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd want a bigger sample size before going that route

Fair but he's a hard ass take no bullshit guy by all accounts.  That's what this team needs more the xs and os in my opinion. Rhule and Frank definitely didn't seem to have the knowledge (rhule)  or personality to hold guys to the fire and demand better effort

3 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Fair but he's a hard ass take no bullshit guy by all accounts.  That's what this team needs more the xs and os in my opinion. Rhule and Frank definitely didn't seem to have the knowledge (rhule)  or personality to hold guys to the fire and demand better effort

I'd say we need both, but they don't necessarily have to be one guy.

As far as patience, when I'm tempted to rush things, I just repeat the phrase "Rob Johnson could start for 20 NFL teams" 😕

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd say we need both, but they don't necessarily have to be one guy.

As far as patience, when I'm tempted to rush things, I just repeat the phrase "Rob Johnson could start for 20 NFL teams" 😕

Pretty damming for Bryce.  Below is the aforementioned Rob Johnsons stat line from his first career start. Bryce hasn't had a game near this efficient 

Johnson started his first game on Week 1 of 1997 as Brunell was still recovering. In that game on August 31, 1997, Johnson completed 20 of 24 passes for 294 yards and two touchdowns

5 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Pretty damming for Bryce.  Below is the aforementioned Rob Johnsons stat line from his first career start. Bryce hasn't had a game near this efficient 

Johnson started his first game on Week 1 of 1997 as Brunell was still recovering. In that game on August 31, 1997, Johnson completed 20 of 24 passes for 294 yards and two touchdowns

That was an illusion though.

We might find out next year that a lot of Young's issues from this season were too.

A name that could make the rounds this HC search COULD be our old friend Joe Brady.  Not saying that WE would be in on him, but hey they interviewed Ken Dorsey last cycle so I guess anything is possible.  Great position for Joe to be in as well, he could take a HC or presumably just stay as OC in Buffalo.  If as many positions open up as "insiders" think were gonna hear some off the wall names for candidates.

2 hours ago, Steelo said:

A name that could make the rounds this HC search COULD be our old friend Joe Brady.  Not saying that WE would be in on him, but hey they interviewed Ken Dorsey last cycle so I guess anything is possible.  Great position for Joe to be in as well, he could take a HC or presumably just stay as OC in Buffalo.  If as many positions open up as "insiders" think were gonna hear some off the wall names for candidates.

My guess is there will be 10 or 9 HC open jobs. Some unknown or lesser known guys will be HCs and watch out for college ranks getting picked. Simply not enough HCs to fill given many of the fired ones will not get another shot(ei ron rivera, reich, etc...)

12 minutes ago, Basbear said:

My guess is there will be 10 or 9 HC open jobs. Some unknown or lesser known guys will be HCs and watch out for college ranks getting picked. Simply not enough HCs to fill given many of the fired ones will not get another shot(ei ron rivera, reich, etc...)

Yeah, there are a few college guys I could see getting jobs.. Harbaugh, if a team likes Dan Lanning enough from Oregon, Dan Campbell from ISU could make the NFL jump as examples.  I can see 6-7 OBVIOUS openings or hot seats. Carolina, LV, LAC for sure NE, WAS, ATL likely with Chicago being 50/50 or 60/40 in favor of firing Eberflus.  I don't see many seats that will open besides those this season.  I don't see the Jets this season especially with how the A Rod situation worked out this year. I don't see TB/Saints either but Dennis Allen seat will probably get hot if they don't win the "Weak NFC South" Black Monday can't come fast enough I wanna see what shakes out.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

All you Harbaugh folk smile. Michigan just got some new allegations or whatever from the NCAA. He may not want to deal with that.

If it's stemming from his recruiting violations its a Level 1 infraction, shouldn't be much that comes from that from a discipline standpoint

The good news is that all the openings aside, the candidate pool is really intriguing to me this year. I can talk myself into any of the following:

-Ben Johnson

-Lou Anarumo

-Mike Macdonald

-Frank Smith

-Bobby Slowik

-Jerod Mayo

-Evero

I would be pleased with any of these at surface level. But considering three of them are defensive-minded they may not even be on Tepper’s radar.

I also don’t think we’re too good for a retread like Dan Quinn or Jim Schwartz. I just hope and pray the HC gets to bring in a GM they feel like they can work with.

14 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

All you Harbaugh folk smile. Michigan just got some new allegations or whatever from the NCAA. He may not want to deal with that.

Yeah I doubt anything happens with this. Michigan allegedly gave more to recruits than an allowed for food? Something along those lines? 

no doubt the ncaa is mad as hell at Michigan though. Their basketball coach is a goon who probably should have a couple assault and battery charges and Harbaugh has been all over the news for pushing boundaries. 

imho and I have no real evidence to back this up, I think its a big reason why UM is playing Bama in the CFP and not FSU. Florida state would have basically been a BYE for Michigan and they are hoping bama can take Michigan out. Shadow punishment. 

michigan, like UNC, has the resources/alumni/and money to sue the F out of the NCAA