• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce vs Cowboys All 22

Tbe

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I really don't care what was projected it was all speculation.  The situation is no where close to the same. Gross, Wharton, Kalil, Steve Smith, Greg Olsen, Jeremy Shockey, Williams is on a different level that what we have going on.  Hype before the season means nothing if our staff/players can't deliver.  Reich has neutered the best thing about our offense in the OL and turned them into a weakness.  It's all a complete mess. 

We've already discussed the Dalton thing which shows it's an outlier unless you believe he will have a GOAT type season for us, or maybe Seattle had some secondary issues which is why we threw it 58 times in that loss.  

He could be a bust, but expecting a rookie to pop in here and have a Cam Newton type season with Reich and this roster is a pipe dream and going to leave you disappointed.  We need a new GM and HC (honestly a new owner but that's a different story), if Young busts and that leads to Fitt and Reich leaving then there is something good that comes out of it.  

Quality post. Few and far between on this board these days

17 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I really don't care what was projected it was all speculation.  The situation is no where close to the same. Gross, Wharton, Kalil, Steve Smith, Greg Olsen, Jeremy Shockey, Williams is on a different level that what we have going on.  Hype before the season means nothing if our staff/players can't deliver.  Reich has neutered the best thing about our offense in the OL and turned them into a weakness.  It's all a complete mess. 

We've already discussed the Dalton thing which shows it's an outlier unless you believe he will have a GOAT type season for us, or maybe Seattle had some secondary issues which is why we threw it 58 times in that loss.  

He could be a bust, but expecting a rookie to pop in here and have a Cam Newton type season with Reich and this roster is a pipe dream and going to leave you disappointed.  We need a new GM and HC (honestly a new owner but that's a different story), if Young busts and that leads to Fitt and Reich leaving then there is something good that comes out of it.  

But this, but that, but this and that, Dalton's game where the offense out up the most points, yards, passing yardage, 20+ yard gains, etc., etc. was a fluke... I mean, the list of excuses is starting to get really loooooooong 

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

But this, but that, but this and that, Dalton's game where the offense out up the most points, yards, passing yardage, 20+ yard gains, etc., etc. was a fluke... I mean, the list of excuses is starting to get really loooooooong 

In Seattle when it was a pretty important game for them. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So you think Dalton would have a 6,137 yard 34 TD 0 INT season?  Got it.  It wasn't an outlier that's just how good he is.  He would be throwing it damn close to 1000 times as well with his 6.2 average.  Seattle was cruising that whole game and those last 75 yards and a TD came in garbage time similar to the Lions game.  Our rookie does that against prevent and we laugh at it, Dalton does it and he is the next Peyton Manning.  

I am glad to switched to that Dalton argument again though because the Cam one was absurd.  

The lack of rational posts is starting to get even longer than the excuses...  One can think Young has looked bad and Dalton's game was also nothing special.  They don't have to contradict each other.  

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

We’ve played two of the worst passing defenses in the league recently and Young looked terrible against both.

im not asking for a whole season of Cam, im asking for a few plays that seem like first round plays, and Young has zero of those. If you take his name away I don’t think a single team would draft him earlier than day 3 at this point

Just now, ForJimmy said:

So you think Dalton would have a 6,137 yard 34 TD 0 INT season?  Got it.  It wasn't an outlier that's just how good he is.  He would be throwing it damn close to 1000 times as well with his 6.2 average.  Seattle was cruising that whole game and those last 75 yards and a TD came in garbage time similar to the Lions game.  Our rookie does that against prevent and we laugh at it, Dalton does it and he is the next Peyton Manning.  

I am glad to switched to that Dalton argument again though because the Cam one was absurd.  

The lack of rational posts is starting to get even longer than the excuses...  One can think Young has looked bad and Dalton's game was also nothing special.  They don't have to contradict each other.  

How many yards do you think Young would have thrown for against Seattle? Be honest here.

Just now, TN05 said:

We’ve played two of the worst passing defenses in the league recently and Young looked terrible against both.

im not asking for a whole season of Cam, im asking for a few plays that seem like first round plays, and Young has zero of those. If you take his name away I don’t think a single team would draft him earlier than day 3 at this point

You seem to think I'm defending Young.  I'm not.  I am saying Cam was in a completely different situation and was a completely different QB.  There is no comparison.  I also think Dalton's loss in Seattle wasn't as special as some people on here think it was.  Young has struggled, but more importantly Tepper, Fitt, and Reich have struggled.  If we don't correct that it won't matter how many QBs we swap out.  

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

No, I don't. But the fact remains that he put up significantly better numbers in one game than Bryce has in nine. That can't be ignored. Same offense. Same OL (Dalton was under heavy pressure all game). Same receivers. Very different looking results. Interesting.

I'm not directly comparing Bryce to Cam. Everyone knows they're very different QBs. My point was that you're looking splashes of the talent to be elite, regardless of the W-L record. We saw it in droves with Cam. We haven't seen much at all to cling to out of Bryce.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You seem to think I'm defending Young.  I'm not.  I am saying Cam was in a completely different situation and was a completely different QB.  There is no comparison.  I also think Dalton's loss in Seattle wasn't as special as some people on here think it was.  Young has struggled, but more importantly Tepper, Fitt, and Reich have struggled.  If we don't correct that it won't matter how many QBs we swap out.  

For not defending Young you sure are cranking out the excuses.

Yeah, our offense sucks. But Bryce is a big part of that. It can't be denied that the offense didn't suck near as bad in that "one game". I won't mention the specific game or what was different so as not to trigger folks.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TN05 said:

How many yards do you think Young would have thrown for against Seattle? Be honest here.

Does he get 58 attempts?  Seattle secondary was pretty banged up.  If he played like he did against Houston 7.58 YPA he should get more with 58 attempts, but that was by far his best game.  His worst game would be much worse with some turnovers.  I would imagine he would have and INT or fumble throwing the ball that much regardless.  For example the Colts had a bad secondary and he played like complete poo.  

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just a reminder for everyone trying to grasp at straws, make excuses, and find a play here and there through none games to cling to... this is what you're hoping to see from #1 overall picks.

Cam's first game highlights:

Cam had more highlights in his first game than Bryce has in nine. Hell, he had more by halftime. Bryce isn't gonna be anything like that. Now we're hoping he can just become a competent game manager and maybe not throw pick sixes on simple crossing routes.

86u30o.jpg

• Pie 5