• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Schemes, Running Game & Blocking FYIs

Bear Hands

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've made terrible moves under Fitts. My concern is that I don't know how much Report has been involved in a lot of them. I mean, you have Nicole manning the phones working 4th round draft trades. It all screams a LOT of Tepper involvement.

Basically, yeah Fitts should be fired but I'm honestly not sure the end results will be any different. The names in the organization keep changing but the results keep looking the same. Tepper is rapidly running out of scapegoats. He's rapidly becoming one of the few constants.

The report from Stephen Holder was... concerning.

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've made terrible moves under Fitts. My concern is that I don't know how much Report has been involved in a lot of them. I mean, you have Nicole manning the phones working 4th round draft trades. It all screams a LOT of Tepper involvement.

Basically, yeah Fitts should be fired but I'm honestly not sure the end results will be any different. The names in the organization keep changing but the results keep looking the same. Tepper is rapidly running out of scapegoats. He's rapidly becoming one of the few constants.

The best arugment someone could make in Fitterers favor….is he is completely powerless and has no ability to influence good decisions  to ultimately occur.   

which just brings you right back to why he should be fired.  He would be pointless.  

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

The best arugment someone could make in Fitterers favor….is he is completely powerless and has no ability to influence good decisions  to ultimately occur.   

which just brings you right back to why he should be fired.  He would be pointless.  

Yep. Honestly that's the best argument that can be made for him not to be just utterly incompetent - that's he's completely impotent. Not good.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. Honestly that's the best argument that can be made for him not to be just utterly incompetent - that's he's completely impotent. Not good.

You don't actually have to be completely impotent to get messed up.

Even the most hands on owner probably isn't gonna involve himself in picking the fourth corner or fifth receiver. But they'll absolutely chime in on major decisions and starters.

That's all it takes.

And ultimately yeah, what does it matter how good any of your personnel people are if the owner is just gonna Dan Snyder the decisions?

Edited by Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You don't actually have to be completely impotent to get messed up.

Even the most hands on owner probably isn't gonna involve himself in picking the fourth corner or fifth receiver. But they'll absolutely chime in on major decisions and starters.

That's all it takes.

And ultimately yeah, what does it matter how good any of your personnel people are if the owner is just gonna Dan Snyder the decisions?

So why is Fitts making so many bad moves? Why is Nicole Tepper working the phones to trade up for a 4th round 24 year old edge rusher?

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So why is Fitts making so many bad moves? Why is Nicole Tepper working the phones to trade up for a 4th round 24 year old edge rusher?

Per reports, DJ Johnson was drafted because Evero wanted him.

Why Nicole is involved...well, you know the answer to that one.

When Fitterer was hired the majority of the posters here agreed with the hire.  Thought he was the next good GM.  Pick after Pick and Free Agent after Free Agent just hasn't panned out too much.  Then when we do land one like Riddick instead of doing everything possible to keep him, we let him go.   I think it is time to make a change at GM. 

This coaching staff has years of experience but that's about it.  They don't mesh well and the schemes we run don't fit our players.  I somewhat agree with the OP but one thing that bothers me is how our offensive line could be a bright spot when we left the 2022-23 season and this season they are just terrible.  

Coaches need to get back to basics.  The majority of our good runs last week were because we didn't run that zone blocking and got back smash mouth football. Which is what our players are more comfortable with. 

I think Young can be a good QB but we have to build a line that is suited to running the ball and then let Young do his thing.

On 11/23/2023 at 3:02 AM, CRA said:

We needed to prioritize 3rd down style RB.  Pass pro.  Route running.

I'd love for us to find a Running Back like Pacheco.  Runs hard and is a MF to bring down.  Hubbard isn't bad but he's not on that level of Pacheco.  You get a RB like him that helps everything.

I think many times we overlook route running skills in a WR.  Maybe it's because we can teach it.  But, maybe it isn't that easy and some players have a hard time grasping it.  You would think that on paper our WR Corp would be solid but outside of our only decent free agent pick up they all just are JAG. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008

4 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

While some of us might not understand the intricacies of blocking it doesn’t take a freakin brain surgeon to see that Reich has been beyond derelict in trying to force guys to do something they just aren’t good at doing. A good HC knows his roster and adapts to what they do best.

Which is exactly what Reich said he would do.

It's baffling that he didn't.

19 hours ago, AU-panther said:

I understand it’s hard to know who is always calling the shots but since he has been here there has been what? 20+ draft picks and 20 something free agent moves?  How many have actually been good? How many have been bad?

It’s hard to imagine he hasn’t been responsible for any of them. 

I don’t want to join in this craziness but Mr. Scot was a poster who said that Fitterer got more control of the 2022 off season because Rhule was on the hot seat and forced to hire NFL experienced coordinators. He’s had plenty of control. He made the CMC trade for effectively a mid 2nd. He said no to pick 15 from GB for Moore but then threw him in for Young. He made the Young trade and he refused a team changing bounty for Burns and still hasn’t signed him. He signed Sanders to a huge deal when the entire RB market was collapsing. He’s traded and wasted more draft picks than we can comprehend and he still can’t pick good players.