• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper + Young

SaltAndPepper

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

As someone said, Tepper made his money by being good at math and letting the data tell him what to do.

I think his dream was to come into the NFL and revolutionize it by using analytical tools to get all the best players etc. Like a type of money ball.

The problem is the data just isn’t there at the college level.

I've worked with private equity guys in my previous life before retiring and they are INFURIATING to work with. No common sense, just data, just what the excel sheets tell them, that's why it is VERY easy to engineer fraud in the financial markets and people like Elizabeth Holmes, Friedman, Adam Neumann exist, they hoodwink investors with the pitch they want to hear. 

The S2 is an easy test to manipulate and you know why, wonderboy took it multiple times

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10073086-report-bryce-young-will-levis-s2-cognition-test-scores-revealed-ahead-of-nfl-draft#:~:text=NFL-,Report%3A Bryce Young%2C Will Levis' S2 Cognition Test Scores,Revealed Ahead of NFL Draft&text=Alabama star Bryce Young earned,a 98 out of 99.

When it came time for the gut check items like watching him sling it at the combine, he sat out of that test

when it came time to watch the tape of Stroud SHREDDING the Georgia defense that is as close to an NFL D you will find in College, we choose to fall back on analytical data telling us Young was better

• Pie 7

35 minutes ago, SaltAndPepper said:

Does anyone know why DT was so infatuated with Young? Why he liked him over stroud? Its obvious he preferred him but i’m not sure why…

Most shitbags on here were also smothering that midget fugers nuts in golden butter. Wanting CJ over Young was borderline expulsion from this shithole. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Bryce doesn’t have that Alpha that Cam, Jake, Brady, Brees….I could go on and on. Stroud has that Alpha. Bryce reminds me of a weak puppy left out in the cold. There is nothing leader about this soft spoken baby. He ain’t it. 

the kid has NO DAWG in him. He's like mashed potatoes, spineless, no grit, no fire in his belly. 

• Flames 4

1 minute ago, TheBigKat said:

the kid has NO DAWG in him. He's like mashed potatoes, spineless, no grit, no fire in his belly. 

It’s like if powder puff football had a QB with a head cheerleader as the QB. Bryce would be the backup. This guy is so soft he would pass up free seconds at thanksgiving.  He is such a beta that he would let you have his girlfriend.  

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, SaltAndPepper said:

Does anyone know why DT was so infatuated with Young? Why he liked him over stroud? Its obvious he preferred him but i’m not sure why…

Why did most on here feel the same way? 

According to the majority of this board, Stroud wouldn’t excel in the league because he didn’t score well on a test and they were sold on Bryce being some generational talent. 

8 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Why did most on here feel the same way? 

According to the majority of this board, Stroud wouldn’t excel in the league because he didn’t score well on a test and they were sold on Bryce being some generational talent. 

Most folks on here just parrot what the talking heads tell them and convince themselves it's a conclusion they arrived at on their own.

Once you realize this, society as a whole starts to make a lot more sense.

• Pie 3

37 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

In short (no pun intended), Young was amazing at playing X-box

This is like hiring only Harvard grads because they are "smart". I can't tell you in my previous line of work how many Harvard grads I met that were book smart but street idiotic. Chris Weinke comes to mind here, great QB mind, horrible QB athlete, we basically drafted a noodle armed Weinke.

https://www.s2cognition.com/faqs

The S2 Eval requires taking the test on a specialized laptop or XBOX. Individual athletes can take The S2 Eval at one of our S2 Labs across the country. Additional labs will be opening soon.

Coaches, teams, and tournament and camp organizers can book the S2 Mobile Lab, which will bring an S2 testing facility to you – anywhere across the country.

My work as well when a VP asked me to take his latest Harvard grad onto my team…I was ‘what does he do….i need someone who can ‘do’ vs read about what others have done ‘

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

My work as well when a VP asked me to take his latest Harvard grad onto my team…I was ‘what does he do….i need someone who can ‘do’ vs read about what others have done ‘

I employed 3 Harvard graduates in my company before I sold it, I am a UNCC graduate, let that sink in. 

Edited by TheBigKat
  • Pie 3

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Most folks on here just parrot what the talking heads tell them and convince themselves it's a conclusion they arrived at on their own.

Once you realize this, society as a whole starts to make a lot more sense.

Oh I know this. My question was rhetorical. I’m used to being told I don’t know anything and later sitting back and watching the crow eating fest.