• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When Is Fitterer Fired?

BIGH2001

3 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

He’s at least equally if not more responsible for this disaster and he’s had multiple years of terrible drafting and free agency. The cherry on top was the Young deal. Firing a coach makes no sense if you also don’t axe the incompetent GM along with him. Blow it all up.

Fitter will probably be the next one to get fired.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Starting to feel like Fitts is just a proxy. Here, cash these checks so I can have a legit looking GM on paper and then rubber stamp Dave and Nicole's decisions. I mean, Fitts took a "GM" job that didn't include final roster say. He essentially took a job to be a career college coach's wet nurse. So we already know Fitts is willing to be GM in title only.

I just struggle to believe that folks with legit football backgrounds would have made as many roster mistakes as Fitts and company have. And I really struggle to believe that someone as impatient as Tepper would sit by and watch it happen while firing everyone else twice.

I honestly think Tepper is essentially the GM.

Exactly. Who knows which decisions were actually Fitt and not Tepper pulling the strings telling him what to do or say

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

He just got here. 

so...

he was a decision made by a bunch of people who made other bad decisions, but he magically was a good decision.

Like I said earlier, he might be great at what he does, but the fact is the front office as a whole has done terrible the past few years, safer thing is usually to clear house.  

Maybe this whole time he has been voicing concerns about all of the terrible decisions done and in that case I could see you make that argument, but in reality, I don't think your preference to keep him is based on anything tangible.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's no reason to dump Adrian Wilson.

Can understand this sentiment since he was just hired. But I feel that a complete reset is required in that front office. This has been a collective failure. Nobody should be retained based on how badly every move turned out. I don’t think any sound process was used in terms of film evaluation, free agency, etc. This is just my two cents, the only thing I believe though is that whatever Tepper does, it’ll likely turn out wrong or awful. 

8 minutes ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Can understand this sentiment since he was just hired. But I feel that a complete reset is required in that front office. This has been a collective failure. Nobody should be retained based on how badly every move turned out. I don’t think any sound process was used in terms of film evaluation, free agency, etc. This is just my two cents, the only thing I believe though is that whatever Tepper does, it’ll likely turn out wrong or awful. 

Wilson arrived too late in the offseason to make any real impact on this year's team, and he's got a very good rep as a player personnel guy.

Dumping him would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

5 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

He’s at least equally if not more responsible for this disaster and he’s had multiple years of terrible drafting and free agency. The cherry on top was the Young deal. Firing a coach makes no sense if you also don’t axe the incompetent GM along with him. Blow it all up.

How is Fitterer responsible?

1. You clearly don't know the story behind the Young deal. It was pushed for by Tepper, to the point where if Fitterer didn't do exactly as Tepper wished, Fitterer would've been fired.

2. Fitterer, Reich, McCown, etc. all wanted Stroud. Tepper wanted Young after the Alabama Pro Day where he was woo'd by Nick Saban and his crony crew 

3. Tepper hired Reich. Fitterer wanted to retain Wilks which is the only reason Wilks ever made it to the final interviews.

4. Fitterer isn't stupid enough to have traded up for Stroud or for Young. He comes from the Seahawk's where you trade down and make value picks on Day 3 that build the core of a team.

You are clueless as to what's gone on. 

I'd say let Fitterer do the job you hired him to do. Go on a permanent vacation Tepper.