• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper to speak on Tuesday

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

yep

why didnt they ask him about fitt

They wouldn't have gotten anything out of asking him about that.  If Fitt isn't fired yet, it is because Tepper either still has faith in him or is waiting until the end of the season.  Either way Tepper isn't going to throw Fitt under the bus.

Reporters only had 1 question each it seems so they had to make whatever they asked count.  And they did ask good questions - Tepper just ducked all of them.  It felt like he was prepped with every answer EXCEPT the one about Stroud/Young.  You can see in his body language and how he was fumbling over words (unlike in his earlier responses) that he didn't know the right words to say.

Just now, App Panther said:

Because they thought Texans would take Bryce.

I'm not defending him, at all. I hate him. But let's not twist words. 

Not twisting. He pretty clearly fumbles around trying not to say anything to give up info.

It would have been extremely easy to just say "no, that isn't what happened" but he didn't, or couldn't.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Not twisting. He pretty clearly fumbles around trying not to say anything to give up info.

It would have been extremely easy to just say "no, that isn't what happened" but he didn't, or couldn't.

twice he referred to veto power and almost said he pulled it without saying, this motherfuger picked bryce that much is clear

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

They wouldn't have gotten anything out of asking him about that.  If Fitt isn't fired yet, it is because Tepper either still has faith in him or is waiting until the end of the season.  Either way Tepper isn't going to throw Fitt under the bus.

Reporters only had 1 question each it seems so they had to make whatever they asked count.  And they did ask good questions - Tepper just ducked all of them.  It felt like he was prepped with every answer EXCEPT the one about Stroud/Young.  You can see in his body language and how he was fumbling over words (unlike in his earlier responses) that he didn't know the right words to say.

it felt like he had a canned answer but tripped himself up on it and he couldnt resist saying he had the final say

2 minutes ago, SaltAndPepper said:

If anything, I bet the Scouts and Fitt wanted Young. 

The coaches wanted Stroud but weren't opposed to young. 

Once they went to Tepp, told him they "like Stroud" but "Everyone" likes Young more. So he zeroed in on Young. 

This IMO is what makes by far the most sense and is probably what happened.  

People talk about Bryce like he wasn't considered the #1 QB throughout the college football season.  It wasn't until Stroud's game against Georgia that he got #1 buzz.  By all accounts, scouts across all teams loved him and the Texans 100% would have taken him.  So it is quite likely the Panthers scouts agreed.

I can buy Reich and the staff preferring Stroud, but I don't think there is any evidence that Reich outright didn't want Bryce.  I do think that his offense didn't fit Bryce's skill-set (in an ideal world) played a role though.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

I'm not sure if I can support this team anymore. We have an owner/head honcho man who is clearly a narcissist and doesn't know how to reflect, look in the mirror, and change his failing ways. You can't steer a ship if the captain is in over his head. 

With the NFL in decline and the current conditions of the economy, might be a good time to take a step back and do something else on fall Sundays. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Chris Tabor was much more forthright, though he did the client to answer some questions about specifics.

One thing I got from eading between the lines was that the reason they fired Josh McCown Is so that Young has only one actual "quarterback coach" rather than a QB coach and a "passing game coordinator".

• Pie 1