• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach, New Starting QB?

RumHam

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Don't agree that any experience is positive for a player. Up until recently the norm was sitting rookies and letting them learn. Dalton is a veteran and can run the offense better. Having a rookie quarterback play some and then watch some and then play some more is ideal if the backup can teach the rookie a lot. This is exactly what we have. Young is regressing not progressing. Doing more of the same is David Carring him. A change right now makes sense with a focus next year to building around him. You aren't giving up so much as readjusting and giving him time to watch and learn.  Meanwhile you change the scheme for Bryce. Our current scheme fits Dalton better than Bryce.

If this is the new plan then a lot of players need to be benched..

20 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we hold our trajectory and give the bears the #1 overall pick that is going to be the ultimate embarrassment and will continue to be talked/laughed about for years.  I for one would like to avoid at all costs setting the fuging bears up with that type of draft capital.  But thats me

They can fake an injury if they need to but we need Dalton to get us a few wins to avoid the embarrassment of gifting a #1 overall for nothing. 

10 minutes ago, ickmule said:

I’ve said for several weeks now, but I think the line just basically gives up now because they know Bryce sucks. I know people will say that’s crazy, but when you know there’s little chance that your quarterbacks going to do anything positive, you just kind of throw your hands up. I have no doubt some of them are talking poo.

If there is any truth to this, whichever of them are doing this need to be cut immediately. I don't care if it's Nathan Peterman playing quarterback and Orlando Pace is at left tackle. You will never build a winning culture with a single player that has that sort of mentality.

But I don't think this is true because the offensive line has been terrible all year.

Just now, panthers55 said:

On defense no and on offense used differently. We have road graders like 79 who don't pass block as well as they run block. Our scheme didn't fit our personnel and our lack of receiver talent.

At some point you need to learn and pass Block or move to guard.. No scheme can excuse you trying to pass block with 1 arm.. 

If we’re not making excuses for BY let’s not do it for anybody.. Mingo needs to run better routes and catch the ball or get benched.. The Center need to be better at picking up twist rushers or get benched.. 

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I’m convinced anyone who wants to see Dalton has a miserable life and can only hope to watch meaningless snaps for a chance of feeling slightly better on Sundays. 

I’d rather see dalton because I’d like to score more than one touchdown a game

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, TN05 said:

I’d rather see dalton because I’d like to score more than one touchdown a game

It does absolutely nothing for the long term success of this football team. It’s something you want personally to make yourself feel better. And neither I nor the panthers give a fug about how you feel. 

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

It does absolutely nothing for the long term success of this football team. It’s something you want personally to make yourself feel better. And neither I nor the panthers give a fug about how you feel. 

Well, it doesn't matter if we win or lose at this point. But I'm not going to be watching anymore Youngball this season. I've seen enough 185-yard, 1 interception, 10-point games to last a lifetime.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I’m convinced anyone who wants to see Dalton has a miserable life and can only hope to watch meaningless snaps for a chance of feeling slightly better on Sundays. 

dalton had the best panther QB game this season....on the road in one of the toughest stadiums in the league.

I know this is hard, but with 11 games it seeems young should have waited. But when richardson, stroud, 5th round, and UDFAs are playing better in their first game/season. Tommy Devito and Tyson Bagent two UDFAs on two teams worse than the panthers, played better than young and doubled his win total. They didnt even get to start the opener like young or preseason full of reps with 1s. Panthers are just as big as mess as giants&bears. 

Pressure. 

Edited by Basbear