• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Bleak Picture Concerning Bryce

Proudiddy

Just now, recceice said:

It’s not coping admitting facts..

Houston is a better team.. They put Stroud in a better situation..

Giving credit to them isn’t coping..

No one thought Houston was a better team before the draft, after the draft, and all the way to the regular season.  What if Stroud is elevating players who in the past haven't been anything more than mediocre. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Man you are eager to use this cope word. Let me slow it down for you.

Stroud is better than Young and should have been the top pick. Can you handle that comment?

Ok Houston’s staff also did a better job than ours in creating a roster for a rookie QB to have success in. Is this the comment that bothers you?

Literally both comments are insulting our staff and roster including Young. 

Ppl don’t seem to get that.. 

And I swear “Coping” has become the new “gaslighting “ here..

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Man you are eager to use this cope word. Let me slow it down for you.

Stroud is better than Young and should have been the top pick. Can you handle that comment?

Ok Houston’s staff also did a better job than ours in creating a roster for a rookie QB to have success in. Is this the comment that bothers you?

Literally both comments are insulting our staff and roster including Young. 

you get it, kudos as you always seem to understand but there are others still dying on the young hill for some reason.  And I didnt mean to use cope for you as you are level headed it was a repost for the rec guy.

I just find it hilarious that people are dead set that young is the man and the front office has failed him in building the roster without seeing the comic value in that

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

On the Browns comparison, Bryce may be the next Johnny Manziel. The only thing that’s keeping me from completely declaring him to be a bust already is how terrible our offensive line and receivers are. However, I think he has a low ceiling and needs a lot of help to be a guy who even makes it to the playoffs.

Its also hard to evaluate our WRs with our QB situation. 

• Pie 1

Didn't 

28 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I know the dysfunction is evident across the board, and Bryce is not responsible for that, nor is he responsible for the position he has been put in.  But it just hit me - when is the last time a rookie starting QB got his first year HC fired in year one?  I don't recall any if it's happened.

And that led me to think further...  I mentioned in another thread, despite having a shitty QB hand dealt to him in Indy, starting with Luck retiring, Reich showed well for himself overall there.  I said at worst, he is likely an average HC, so what happened here is a clear sign of how dysfunctional out organization currently is - and yes, it all falls on Tepper - but, I was thinking, if Reich and McCown couldn't figure out how to utilize Bryce with their vast experience as pro QBs, then we must prepare ourselves for the possibility that maybe he isn't salvageable.  And also, his chances of success just practically were chopped in half 11 games into his career, because it is proven that new staffs/FOs typically don't give much runway to QBs (and players in general) they inherit.  They aren't beholden to them, so if they're clearly not part of the solution, they are quick to be put on the chopping block.  Furthermore, as many, including myself, have been saying, we are now The New Old Browns...  look back at their QB carousel over the years and look at how much turnover there was between QBs and HCs.  It's not coincidental...  their ownership wanted to win and win now, so they went through top pick after top pick after stop gap after stop gap after HC after HC.  The synergy is there - if I'm a new HC and I didn't draft this guy, hr is on a short leash, and if he doesn't perform, my chance to really put my stamp on things is by bringing in my own guy.  If he fails, I'm fired and then he'll be traded or released in a year or so too.  We saw it time and again...  that's where we are now.

And so, that being said, I really got to thinking why was it so difficult, if Bryce was touted for having these otherworldly traits, to get the offense looking even just functional? And I thought back to guys like Canty, Olsen, etc., who have brought up how the offense is really hindered by our inability to get under center at all.  So, what if Bryce just really can't do it?  That would explain why Reich didn't want him, but tried to make the best of it.  It would explain why the offense, no matter what adjustments they tried to make, just couldn't find its footing.  It's why the offense didn't look much different between Reich's and Brown's versions.  Perhaps that's why they even had Dalton sub in earlier in the year for the sneak because it was whispered at the time that Bryce couldn't even take the snaps under center to do that.  And if that is the case, man oh man,  this is really just the beginning...

I said earlier in the year, we were likely at the very bottom of a very deep hole and it was going to take a long time to dig out of it as a result of the capital traded and the amount of flubs we made with personnel, but boy, it just keeps getting deeper.

Jeff Fisher and Jared Goff? 

Just now, jfra78 said:

No one thought Houston was a better team before the draft, after the draft, and all the way to the regular season.  What if Stroud is elevating players who in the past haven't been anything more than mediocre. 

And no one thought BY was the worst QB in this draft either.. So what is your point?? That’s stupid as hell what ppl thought and what has been proven are 2 different things.. Tank Dell has proven right now he is better then Mingo, Shultz has proven he is a better FA signing then Hurst.. Nico Collin’s has proven he is better then TMJ.. Your argument is dumb..

6 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

QB's matter....this is what dipper thought we had...lol

Edited by Johnstonny
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Why are Hubbard, TMJ, & Tremble still here? Young & Ekwonu will join them on the no cut list for the next HC.

Any QB who can't get 1st downs with the game on the line in the 4Q with the win in reach is always to blame. It's the NFL & QBs who can't produce GWD never survive.

This isn't true! It's the head coach, QB coach, offensive line Coach, RB coach, all offensive players, all defensive players, the refs, the ball boys, the guy who sells hot dogs, anyone but Bryce

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, recceice said:

And no one thought BY was the worst QB in this draft either.. So what is your point?? That’s stupid as hell what ppl thought and what has been proven are 2 different things.. Tank Dell has proven right now he is better then Mingo, Shultz has proven he is a better FA signing then Hurst.. Nico Collin’s has proven he is better then TMJ.. Your argument is dumb..

Lol you just don't get how important a QB is to a team

2 minutes ago, recceice said:

So fitt nailed the young pick but tripped over his dick with mingo, hurst, and tmj.    that doesnt make sense

• Pie 1