• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible GMs IF Scott is Fired.

Panthercougar68

2 minutes ago, Score Board said:

And this is even more reason to fire Scott Fitterer what is he doing other than getting paid and going golfing with David Tepper. 

I honestly think he's just a rubber stamp for Tepper. I'm sure he makes most of the day to day decisions but when Tepper wants to get involved I think Scott just says "yes sir, whatever you say sir, brilliant idea sir, I'm embarrassed I didn't think of this myself sir".

• Pie 1

We can put all the possible coaches and GM's in a cauldron of sht and hand pick one of each and come out better than what dipper has schemed up....unless he takes a page from York and Kraft we are doomed to repeat the slop we've endured for five fkin years....We should be at the top of the NFCN by now...

IF Tepper is serious about winning and not meddling

Jon Ferrari, Eagles

Jon Ferrari, who enters his 17th year working in the NFL and eighth as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles, was elevated by the team to assistant general manager during the 2022 offseason.

Previously, Ferrari served as the Eagles' vice president of football operations and compliance for more than three years (2019-22). He additionally earned titles as the organization's director of football operations (2018-19) and director of football compliance (2017-18) after originally being hired by Philadelphia as the manager of football compliance in 2016.

Prior to joining the Eagles, Ferrari spent time at the league office from 2007-16. He supported the NFL Management Council and spent the final six years as the manager of labor operations. Ferrari also oversaw the administration of the Bill Walsh NFL Minority Coaching Fellowship program.

Ferrari completed his undergraduate education at Franklin & Marshall College in 2000. He and his wife, Leslie, have a son, Will.

kiwqc9aa5kwitlaqrayn.png

Will McClay from the Cowboys would be my top choice.

His name comes up every hiring cycle because few teams have been as consistently good personnel wise as they have over the past several years. 

Not sure about his availability but from what I know, it would be a promotion since he's not the official GM in Dallas.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

His name comes up every hiring cycle because few teams have been as consistently good personnel wise as they have over the past several years. 

Not sure about his availability but from what I know, it would be a promotion since he's not the official GM in Dallas.

Experience succeeding in an environment dominated by an overbearing ego maniacal jackass is a major plus.

• Beer 3

If you go back into old connections, one potential name might be Brandon Hunt, currently of the Eagles but previously of the Steelers.

Hunt was supposedly the heir apparent to Kevin Colbert but the Steelers instead gave the job to Omar Khan. Hunt left for Philadelphia shortly thereafter.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, countryboi said:

Adam Peters, he was a finalist before Fitt was hired 

He's a lifelong 49er fan and says being the 49ers GM is his dream job.

He's now one step away from that position and will probably have it within a few years.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, countryboi said:

I hear you but I will still let him say no

He already did once, specifically after the 49ers gave him a new title and a raise.

Might also be worth mentioning that one of the big reasons he got an interview here last time was his being old friends with Matt Rhule.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

But how much is he really the deciding factor in their success?  Doesn’t Jerry and his son have the reputation of making most of the picks?