• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tank vs Mingo

AceBoogie

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

But there was a censensus in the people who make mock drafts for a living...

That missed how his height is an issue when he had to find a gap in the line to launch pad his deep throws. And his feet issues. Just ignore the pro-ready stuff talk they were so sure about. Media hype is worth nothing and this is a great case why it's mostly entertainment and little more.  Ohh wait our owner is dumb enough to actually use it to pick 'his' guys.

Yeah he did the same thing with Rhule. Pretty sure he bases everything off ESPN hype

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

After a night of drinking this is the best you could come up with?

I think most of us can agree on the fact Bryce Young is going to get the rest of this season and next season to prove whatever he can at this level regardless of whatever degree of likelihood we think that has of having a positive outcome.

Yes there is a level of trolling around this subject and it can be toxic but the people who have made it their mission to be both his agent and sworn protector are just as if not more toxic than anyone else. Truly they are some of the worst I've interacted with in the 2 decades I've been around the Panthers.

• Pie 2

Just now, frankw said:

I think most of us can agree on the fact Bryce Young is going to get the rest of this season and next season to prove whatever he can at this level regardless of whatever degree of likelihood we think that has of having a positive outcome.

Yes there is a level of trolling around this subject and it can be toxic but the people who have made it their mission to be both his agent and sworn protector are just as if not more toxic than anyone else. Truly they are some of the worst I've interacted with in the 2 decades I've been around the Panthers.

You do realize I criticized Bryce in this very thread correct? 

9 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

That's a good start sir kudos to you.

But do you or others see the inconsistency in declaring Mingo was the wrong pick in only 11 career games while arguing there's no way we can definitively judge Bryce Young who is operating within the same set of unfortunate circumstances?

I'd like to see both with different coaching and go from there. In the meantime if either or both play poorly call it like you see it on a game by game basis and hope for improvement along the way. Seems pretty straightforward rather than spending every week digging in on the same defenses and firing off haymakers at each other for expressing concerns.

First order of business. Don't look like poo against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, frankw said:

That's a good start sir kudos to you.

But do you or others see the inconsistency in declaring Mingo was the wrong pick in only 11 career games while arguing there's no way we can definitively judge Bryce Young who is operating within the same set of unfortunate circumstances?

I'd like to see both with different coaching and go from there. In the meantime if either or both play poorly call it like you see it on a game by game basis and hope for improvement along the way. Seems pretty straightforward rather than spending every week digging in on the same defenses and firing off haymakers at each other for expressing concerns.

First order of business. Don't look like poo against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

I said he was the wrong pick when compared to Tank. Said the same exact thing about Bryce and CJ….y’all just want to bitch about Bryce 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

Unless your post is that Bryce is 100% a bust and no top quarterback has ever had a bad rookie season and become successful then you are wrong according to them.

Edited by BY9Franchise
  • Beer 1

57 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

Unless your post is that Bryce is 100% a bust and no top quarterback has ever had a bad rookie season and become successful then you are wrong according to them.

Throwing in a Jimmy Clausen comparison and saying he's the worst QB who ever lived wouldn't cost you any points, either.

For Mingo to do his job, he has to get separation, correctly run his route and catch the ball when it's within his grasp.

For Young to do his job, he has to make pre-snap reads, get adequate pass protection, correctly identify the receiver, put the ball where the receiver can get it, and hope to God he gets it (unlikely if "THIELEN" is not on the back of his jersey). 

So while there are mitigating circumstances for both, they're not an apples-to-apples comparison.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

y’all just want to bitch about Bryce 

We didn't trade up and forfeit a premium talent at a position of need for Mingo.

If BY were some kid we took a mid round flyer on most would shrug and keep it pushing.

If you just want to silence conversation you don't agree with just be upfront about that because clearly that's what you seek.

• Pie 1