• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This franchise is cooked

Lame Duck

I recommend to all of you to simply tune out.  The Panthers are there to entertain their customers but clearly no one is entertained.  Just remember, you are not required to follow the panthers, it’s your choice so don’t let it get to you.  Watching the Panthers game is simply not good for your health at this point and will likely cut few years of your life.

If you are here then you are an extremely loyal fan and you deserve better.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Lame Duck said:

I recommend to all of you to simply tune out.  The Panthers are there to entertain their customers but clearly no one is entertained.  Just remember, you are not required to follow the panthers, it’s your choice so don’t let it get to you.  Watching the Panthers game is simply not good for your health at this point and will likely cut few years of your life.

If you are here then you are an extremely loyal fan and you deserve better.

We are cooked and we do deserve better, it’s going to take a long time to recover from this ownership. Heck, we may never recover, but I can’t pick a new team, I just can’t explain it…maybe it’s insanity. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 5

3 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

100% Tepper would have selected Gabbert over Newton based off Wonderlic

"He's a great processor. Really close physically to Newton. But a much better processor. His S2 and Wonderlic were elite. He really worked that XBox controller. Processed really well. Just like Drew Brees at Purdue he really spreads the ball around like a point guard. He has a real point guard mentality. Did I mention processor and point guard? Processor and point guard."

• Pie 7
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

A generational QB class is coming out and we picked the wrong year to be players in that class

that’s the Panthers way

Completely wrong.  The generational qb was picked right after Bryce. If we had given up the haul we did for CJ instead our future would be bright despite the lack of a first next year which would be around pick 10-15

• Pie 3

Looking back at the worst Panther teams this squad is by far the least talented team we have had here IMO.  I believe in Young but the rest of this offense is completely terrible.  No one would play for anyone else 

It is pretty disturbing that we have been bad this long and still are so void of talent.  They absolutely must move on from Scott Fitterer

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

Tuned them out a while ago. 

Don't get me wrong, I still love the Panthers and always will, but they're just not worth me caring about them right now.  Not when my two other teams I follow the most right now are about to be ranked #1 in the nation tomorrow (Arizona Basketball) and sitting in 2nd place in their league (Wrexham AFC).

And thank god for those two teams or my sporting fandom would be hell right now, but they give me something to be happy about through hopefully April of next year if things go well.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, toldozer said:

Completely wrong.  The generational qb was picked right after Bryce. If we had given up the haul we did for CJ instead our future would be bright despite the lack of a first next year which would be around pick 10-15

No one would have an issue with that trade if we'd picked Stroud.

The trade up was understandable. We improved down the stretch last year and had every reason to believe that with a better coaching staff (in theory) we'd improve even more and that if the #1 pick is potentially available we need to shoot our shot because we might not have such an opportunity again in the near future. It all made logical sense. Then we picked Young over Stroud, hired this coaching staff, and now we're gonna end up handing the Bears the #1 overall pick this year, not to mention a #1 WR in DJ Moore, not to mention the 2nd rounder that was the crown jewel of the CMC trade.