• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bryce hate has gotten absurd

Adb6368

11 hours ago, fanpanther said:

I saw a comment from an alabama fan that watched him play in college talk about how terrible his deep ball was in college.  He said his deep ball accuracy was atrocious I cant remember the stat he said and not even sure it was true but it was something like he completed only 10% of his deep throws in college.  With all that said not sure how the 1st overall grade got put on Young.  

This! Totally this!

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2021/11/a-deeper-look-at-alabama-qb-bryce-youngs-downfield-passing-threat.html

Bryce has never been accurate on deep throws. During his best statistical year at Alabama, he completed only 36.1% of passes 20 yards or longer. That is freaking atrocious. For comparison, Tua's completion rate at Alabama on passes 20 yards or longer was 57.1%, and Mac Jones' was 58%. 

I don't know how scouts and evaluators missed this. That should have been a red flag, shouldn't it?

20-yard throws Comp. Att. % Yards Y/A Y/C Drop
2021: Young 10 33 36.1% 416 12.6 41.6 9%
2020: Jones 29 50 58% 1,279 25.6 44.1 8%
2019: Tua 17 35 48.6% 659 18.8 38.8 3%
2018: Tua 24 42 57.1% 944 22.5 39.3 2%
Source: SECStatCat            
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

11 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

I think the Bryce hate is well founded, next in line is Punch Bryce in the face.

Say What North Carolina GIF by Carolina Panthers

He has a face that you would love to punch. Bonus for breaking the glasses or knocking them off. Make him cry to win the jackpot.

Great call. Let’s wish violence on a 22 year old kid that plays football for a living. Wisdom at its finest 

• Beer 2

19 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

I think the Bryce hate is well founded, next in line is Punch Bryce in the face.

He has a face that you would love to punch. Bonus for breaking the glasses or knocking them off. Make him cry to win the jackpot.

You wish....would punch your face before you get close to mine and you know it cause i can process your moves and counter move super fast as my s2 scores proves it. Now i am rich and you're not so take that.

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

Bryce looked giddy there because he knew he had pulled off a historic swindle with the help of the Bama hype machine. 

Now we know why he didn't run the 40-yard dash or throw at the combine.

He probably drank two gallons of water and used cans of hair spray to stiffen hair before they measured him. I bet his eyeballs were practically floating in their sockets from all that water weight.

Well played, Bryce, well played... 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

Bryce looked giddy there because he knew he had pulled off a historic swindle with the help of the Bama hype machine. 

Now we know why he didn't run the 40-yard dash or throw at the combine.

He probably drank two gallons of water and used cans of hair spray to stiffen hair before they measured him. I bet his eyeballs were practically floating in their sockets from all that water weight.

Well played, Bryce, well played... 

Have you read the anonymous scouting reports from prior to the draft? They panned Young. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tepper was the only one in the league even considering him. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

Have you read the anonymous scouting reports from prior to the draft? They panned Young. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tepper was the only one in the league even considering him. 

The Teppers and their house pet Fitterer value table manners above all else. Bryce was drafted at no. 1 because he looked so poised around the dinner table:

“You feel the presence of the player, just like the command that they have,” Fitterer said. “As he’s sitting there at dinner, he was so poised and you’re like, ‘OK, if I put this guy in a huddle,’ if Frank and I saying, ‘This is the guy, we’re putting him in the huddle, game’s on the line.’ Bryce is the guy we want our players looking at, knowing this is the guy that can get it done for us. We can win with this guy. And I think that’s kind of where that social part overlaps in the football side when you get to know the person and not just the player.”

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

You know who else had a bad first year? Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Jimmy Clausen, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, David Carr, Matt Leinart, Josh Rosen, Zach Wilson, and the list goes on and on. 

I completely agree. And that does make me nervous. However a hand full of those players were lazy, some had no interest in football, and others were a mental midget. 

I don’t think Bryce is any of those things. My biggest worry is the mental midget part and him losing confidence a la Zack Wilson (Bryce is 10x the prospect Wilson was). 

I truthfully believe he’ll figure it out. I could be dead wrong. That’s why it’s a game. But I’ve watched enough of the good (in college) to think the skills are in there somewhere, we just need the right people to bring it out. 

Edited by Adb6368

11 hours ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

This! Totally this!

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2021/11/a-deeper-look-at-alabama-qb-bryce-youngs-downfield-passing-threat.html

Bryce has never been accurate on deep throws. During his best statistical year at Alabama, he completed only 36.1% of passes 20 yards or longer. That is freaking atrocious. For comparison, Tua's completion rate at Alabama on passes 20 yards or longer was 57.1%, and Mac Jones' was 58%. 

I don't know how scouts and evaluators missed this. That should have been a red flag, shouldn't it?

20-yard throws Comp. Att. % Yards Y/A Y/C Drop
2021: Young 10 33 36.1% 416 12.6 41.6 9%
2020: Jones 29 50 58% 1,279 25.6 44.1 8%
2019: Tua 17 35 48.6% 659 18.8 38.8 3%
2018: Tua 24 42 57.1% 944 22.5 39.3 2%
Source: SECStatCat            

Yeah no clue how this didn't immediately stand out too the panthers front office as a huge red flag along with the rest of the red flags. 

• Pie 2

39 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

I completely agree. And that does make me nervous. However a hand full of those players were lazy, some had no interest in football, and others were a mental midget. 

I don’t think Bryce is any of those things. My biggest worry is the mental midget part and him losing confidence a la Zack Wilson (Bryce is 10x the prospect Wilson was). 

I truthfully believe he’ll figure it out. I could be dead wrong. That’s why it’s a game. But I’ve watched enough of the good (in college) to think the skills are in there somewhere, we just need the right people to bring it out. 

I think the lowest hanging fruit at this point is fixing his footwork. I don't have the slightest idea as to how fixable it is at this point, but they're gonna have to try. Proper footwork will definitely add more zip to his ball and improve his timing and accuracy. This should be priority numero uno.

You'd think a No. 1 draft pick wouldn't come with such piss poor fundamentals, but it is what it is.

2 hours ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

The Teppers and their house pet Fitterer value table manners above all else. Bryce was drafted at no. 1 because he looked so poised around the dinner table:

“You feel the presence of the player, just like the command that they have,” Fitterer said. “As he’s sitting there at dinner, he was so poised and you’re like, ‘OK, if I put this guy in a huddle,’ if Frank and I saying, ‘This is the guy, we’re putting him in the huddle, game’s on the line.’ Bryce is the guy we want our players looking at, knowing this is the guy that can get it done for us. We can win with this guy. And I think that’s kind of where that social part overlaps in the football side when you get to know the person and not just the player.”

Wow. Just wow 

nfl football is not about Miss Manners   

Fitterer needs to be gone 

• Pie 1