• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns 55th in league with 17 pressures

jamos14

6 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

If Burns was on a better team he would have another decent DE to take pressure off of him. He would also be used correctly and have double digit sacks.

Evero is a good DC.  Some of it is just Burns.  While he is largely a one dimensional edge player…..even his strength gets too predictable and one dimensional in his pass rushing.   I’d love to have him if I had great inside pressure.   But without great inside pressure Burns shows his limitations.   It’s not the opposing DE IMO he needs the most.  It’s DT play to push the QB back….because Burns is over reliant on the speed rush outside and gets pushed back behind the QB. 

• Beer 1

@jamos14 pooing the poo out of me.

Cmon bro don't take this personal. We all adults. I love you man, im just saying we gotta chill on the Burns hate. He's a defensive player and the defense happens to be the only positive this entire season.

The dude out here playing injured and The Huddle treating him like he's the worst player on the team.smh

• Poo 1

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You think Burns isn't the only one who doesn't want to be in Carolina?

Wasn't it just a few weeks ago this guy was playing injured and still playing injured?

This is how we treat one of our best players...smh

I have no idea why people shitting on anyone on defense. They have been the only bright spot on the season. poo on the offensive players if anyone. They suck!

fk him...he doesn't want to be here...why think ur gonna get his best....cammmwhooaaacan't...

Edited by Johnstonny

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've been a Burns supporter in the past, but you can't give this guy nearly $30M per year. He's just not that type of impact player. We changed our entire scheme and built it around Brian Burns hoping he'd make the leap from very good to elite and he reverted to good. Whole still being awful against the run. 

I'm in the tag and trade camp.

That tag and trade will be much harder than people are thinking. No one will pay him 30M if the team that put his value there won’t. Then give up picks to do it. 

And he won’t sign the tag without having accepted a new deal from someone. Which means he is going to have to take much less than he wants. 

Montez Sweat for a 2nd and a 24M/yr deal. And he is every bit as good as Burns. Why would teams give more than that? 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

That would be about right.

Who would fuging blame him at this point?

We had our opportunity to get a haul, almost any GM in the NFL instantly make that trade. But....not ours.

I’m sticking with my prediction he ends up walking for nothing….just like Peppers

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

fk him...he doesn't want to be here...why think ur gonna get his best....

My question to you why are you mad at a player on the defense?

What about the sorry offensive players?

Those guys are the players who actually suck on the team. If anyone should receive hate it is them.

*FYI I think Burns is probably the only player other teams would want from our team. Just saying someone trash is another person treasure.

Edited by CamWhoaaCam
  • Poo 1