• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who we should have drafted? (Sarcasm while crying)

WarPanthers89

23 hours ago, jimfear said:

We should’ve held at 9 and waited until this year when the draft features multiple top QB prospects. 

Lol...yes.laughing and crying at same time.How many here were just complete a holes to those who knew this was the play from the beginning? 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, csx said:

If you are saying Moore, who's a 1000 yd receiver in early December for the Bears isn't a #1 receiver then don't be surprised people don't listen.

You also said that Lance and Young were the second coming of Jesus

First off, it only takes 60 something yards per game to be a thousand yards receiver (even less now that there are 17 games), so it's not really that high of bar. Secondly, what you want out of a receiver is consistency in a perfect world. Thirdly, I never said any QB was the second coming of Jesus. I've always said that drafting QBs is largely a crap shoot. Fourth, yes, I did say I was on the Lance train, but that he would need development (even still, it's always a crap shoot). And, lastly, I never said Young was anything, but that I'd support him if he was the pick. I also said, several times, that I would be good with whomever they picked, but they (asbin the brain trust) had better get it right.

So, there you go. Now you know what I said, and what I think.

Physical limitations show up the most at the NFL level. 

Bryce is not going to overcome this, he isnt Tua just because they are similar sizes. Tua actually has a NFL arm and decent speed. 

We could put Bryce on the dolphins or 49ers and he would still suck. He is never going to work out. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

Physical limitations show up the most at the NFL level. 

Bryce is not going to overcome this, he isnt Tua just because they are similar sizes. Tua actually has a NFL arm and decent speed. 

We could put Bryce on the dolphins or 49ers and he would still suck. He is never going to work out. 

I hope you're wrong, but I would never dismiss your belief out of hand because I'm beginning to have skepticism myself.

I think that in reference to size, which Bryce was dogged for here before the draft, most of the arguments were about his durability. Well, he's durable. There were a few talking about his ability to see over the line, and fewer still talking about him having a noodle arm. I still don't think that he has a true noodle arm, though he doesn't have anywhere near a cannon.  I do suspect that his shortness may be hindering his ability to be successful. Is that a fatal flaw? I don't know yet. I will feel better about being more definitive once I see him behind a better O-line and with better weapons. A line, a WR1 and a beast at TE should go a long way.

All that being said, I'd take a chance on Spencer Rattler (or someone similar) on day three, and maybe even late day two if he were to fall.

• Beer 1

43 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I hope you're wrong, but I would never dismiss your belief out of hand because I'm beginning to have skepticism myself.

I think that in reference to size, which Bryce was dogged for here before the draft, most of the arguments were about his durability. Well, he's durable. There were a few talking about his ability to see over the line, and fewer still talking about him having a noodle arm. I still don't think that he has a true noodle arm, though he doesn't have anywhere near a cannon.  I do suspect that his shortness may be hindering his ability to be successful. Is that a fatal flaw? I don't know yet. I will feel better about being more definitive once I see him behind a better O-line and with better weapons. A line, a WR1 and a beast at TE should go a long way.

All that being said, I'd take a chance on Spencer Rattler (or someone similar) on day three, and maybe even late day two if he were to fall.

I'm very curious to see how Rattler does in the NFL. 

On 12/6/2023 at 9:53 AM, jimfear said:

We should’ve held at 9 and waited until this year when the draft features multiple top QB prospects. 

Disagree, we would have lost a year of development, the reset would have needed to wait another year and you just don’t get much time in the NFL. We should have just drafted a kid who’s pro ready with legitimate NFL tools and developed him. In an alternate universe where we just don’t make any trades the past 2 years we could have Levis, CMC, Moore, Thielen, and be in a position to draft MHJ and have the most explosive offense in the league for the next 5 years. 

• Beer 2

Just now, Selltheteamtepper said:

Disagree, we would have lost a year of development, the reset would have needed to wait another year and you just don’t get much time in the NFL. We should have just drafted a kid who’s pro ready with legitimate NFL tools and developed him. In an alternate universe where we just don’t make any trades the past 2 years we could have Levis, CMC, Moore, Thielen, and be in a position to draft MHJ and have the most explosive offense in the league for the next 5 years. 

the qb's in this draft at 1 are much better , further developed walking in the door. Combine that with keeping Moore and our picks.

• Pie 1

I think hindsight is 20/20 and we can't keep looking back at the past. We can't control what we did in the past just what we can do currently and in the future. We have to surround Bryce with better weapons and get him a competent coach and GM that believes in him. 

5 hours ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

I hear you - but would you really call what we're seeing every Sunday "development"? Heck - Bryce could've hired someone to call him names and kick him in the nuts for a year and he'd probably end up the same development wise.

Bad Santa Pain GIF by Sky

Edited by jimfear
formatting