• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Cannot Make Basic NFL Throws

BIGH2001

39 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Has Bryce shown nothing at all or just nothing that you want? He’s made some throws that have been completed and some not that warrant talent.

Hes not Cam, if that’s what you’re looking for. He’s not gonna make dudes miss and miraculously turn as 3rd and 17 into a first down with his legs.

Then we gave up too much to get him, plain and simple. Making “some throws” (and there’s less than 5 per game) isn’t a good return on our very large investment. He’s played like a 7th round or UDFA guy who bounces around for a few years and is then out of the league. PJ Walker looked better last year. 

Edited by BIGH2001

4 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Thats some prisoner of the moment stuff. 

More like just watching Bryce get progressively worse throwing the football.

Screenshot_20231210-200903.thumb.png.6c1b6aa582dc9a5b04cccdd7ea2dff1b.png

Bryce's stat line today fits in there like a glove.

Screenshot_20231210-200925.thumb.png.323e448621177259aeead8ecd52c86c2.png

Bryce's game today would've even been one of Pickle's worst. That's just the sad reality we're in right now.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

More like just watching Bryce get progressively worse throwing the football.

Screenshot_20231210-200903.thumb.png.6c1b6aa582dc9a5b04cccdd7ea2dff1b.png

Bryce's stat line today fits in there like a glove.

Screenshot_20231210-200925.thumb.png.323e448621177259aeead8ecd52c86c2.png

Apples and Oranges dude, Jimmy had Steve Smith to chuck the ball to if he wanted to help get rid of those 0 TDs in September and October and November. Bryce has a lame duck staff and is regressing because of it. If he's this way next year congrats you win the game?

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

Apples and Oranges dude, Jimmy had Steve Smith to chuck the ball to if he wanted to help get rid of those 0 TDs in September and October and November. Bryce has a lame duck staff and is regressing because of it. If he's this way next year congrats you win the game?

Steve Smith couldn't have caught those balls Bryce was spraying around today. It is what it is man. It's okay, Bryce is gonna put millions in the bank. He's gonna be fine. Crafting ever shifting narratives to run cover for him online isn't necessary.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Steve Smith couldn't have caught those balls Bryce was spraying around today. It is what it is man. It's okay, Bryce is gonna put millions in the bank. He's gonna be fine. Crafting ever shifting narratives to run cover for him online isn't necessary.

Oh horse poo, there were plenty of drops today that a good receiver would have caught. My "narrative" is that you have to wait till you have some semblance of offensive function before you can full judge Bryce. Hero ball style playing from the likes of Mahomes, Jackson, and Allen, have ruined QB development. 

Edited by Panthercougar68

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh Steve 100000000% catches the one he "missed" to Mingo before half. Mingo is one of the slowest rookie WRs I've seen in some time. You guys like to say Bryce Young doesn't have an NFL arm well Johnathan Mingo also does not have NFL WR game speed.

6 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Oh horse poo, there were plenty of drops today that a good receiver would have caught. My "narrative" is that you have to wait till you have some semblance of offensive function before you can full judge Bryce. Hero ball style playing from the likes of Mahomes, Jackson, and Allen, have ruined QB development. 

A lot of those "drops" were poorly placed balls that brought defenders back into play when a better thrown ball would've been an easy catch. You can't call tough contested catches "drops".

Our WRs are not good. I'm not defending them. They should be better. But Bryce ain't helping them either and you trade up to draft #1 overall QBs to lift your team up, not to be carried. We drafted Bryce and put these weapons around him because we thought he'd be helping them be better by throwing better places passes and it's not happening. Our WR play is subpar and our QB play is subpar and the result is the worst offense in the NFL.

We aren't talking about some UDFA backup here. We're taking about the #1 overall pick. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Oh Steve 100000000% catches the one he "missed" to Mingo before half. Mingo is one of the slowest rookie WRs I've seen in some time. You guys like to say Bryce Young doesn't have an NFL arm well Johnathan Mingo also does not have NFL WR game speed.

He doesnt appear to be giving his best effort perhaps bc he has lost faith in young or perhaps he is terrible also but he did run 4.46 at nfl combine

We definitely have the worst skill position group in the league. We also happen to have the worst offensive line play in the league. Not really a good combination to support a rookie quarterback. I think it's almost impossible to evaluate his play at the moment. 

• Beer 4

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

A lot of those "drops" were poorly placed balls that brought defenders back into play when a better thrown ball would've been an easy catch. You can't call tough contested catches "drops".

Our WRs are not good. I'm not defending them. They should be better. But Bryce ain't helping them either and you trade up to draft #1 overall QBs to lift your team up, not to be carried. We drafted Bryce and our these weapons around him because we thought he'd be helping them be better by throwing better places passes and it's not happening. Our WR play is subpar and our QB play is subpar and the result is the worst offense in the NFL.

Bryce isn't playing like a Vet so be it, are you ready to throw it away just because the entire offense is playing like poo? The QB does not make or break a team on a team in transition, there are 10 other guys on the field to help out. Pat Mahomes tonight lost because one of those 10 other men fuged up. 

This whole operation has been a disaster but I am not throwing the towel in on Bryce, I actually was more in in the "ditch Bryce" camp after last week but he did not stuff against the Saints this week that we haven't seen.

He was actually able to move about the pocket and escape pressure at some points. 

I won't have any issue if the new staff brings in someone else but this whole "Bryce is Jimmy Clausen" is just fuging stupid thinking. Jimmy couldn't do anythingggggggggg.

2 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Bryce isn't playing like a Vet so be it, are you ready to throw it away just because the entire offense is playing like poo? The QB does not make or break a team on a team in transition, there are 10 other guys on the field to help out. Pat Mahomes tonight lost because one of those 10 other men fuged up. 

This whole operation has been a disaster but I am not throwing the towel in on Bryce, I actually was more in in the "ditch Bryce" camp after last week but he did not stuff against the Saints this week that we haven't seen.

He was actually able to move about the pocket and escape pressure at some points. 

I won't have any issue if the new staff brings in someone else but this whole "Bryce is Jimmy Clausen" is just fuging stupid thinking. Jimmy couldn't do anythingggggggggg.

There's nothing to throw away. The guy doesn't have NFL QB talent. Just watch backup QBs around the league flash more talent.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1