• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Cannot Make Basic NFL Throws

BIGH2001

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

🙄

Sorry, man. It's just getting harder and harder to keep up with the excuses and ignore the disastrous footwork, not seeing the field, missing throws left and right, not being able to play from under center at all badly limiting our options in short yardage to go situations. It is what it is. It's pretty much impossible at this point to imagine a scenario where he doesn't have to be carried by a team.

• Pie 2

The throw anyone and everyone else under the bus blame game some folks want to engage in will last the rest of the season.

By midway next season this "it's impossible to evaluate him" stance will mean nothing. In this league you either show some kind of spark with what you've got to work with or you fizzle out.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sorry, man. It's just getting harder and harder to keep up with the excuses and ignore the disastrous footwork, not seeing the field, missing throws left and right, not being able to play from under center at all badly limiting our options in short yardage to go situations. It is what it is. It's pretty much impossible at this point to imagine a scenario where he doesn't have to be carried by a team.

I’m just if the opinion you can’t make this claim until you get some semblance of game planning that isn’t stupid and have an actual nfl team. Tua who was compared to the next long bomb god Herbert has turned out to be better with a good scheme than Herbert but what do I know.

Edited by Panthercougar68

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I’m just if the opinion you can’t make this claim until you get some semblance of game planning that isn’t stupid and have an actual nfl team. Tua who was compared you the next long bomb god Herbert has turned out to be better with a good scheme than Herbert but what do I know.

This is what we thought before today. Our offense sucks and we aren't even trying to go down the field we're so limited! Well, we tried today and found out why we haven't been doing it previously. It's getting harder and harder to ignore that we only had an effective downfield attack in one game this year.

2 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I’m just if the opinion you can’t make this claim until you get some semblance of game planning that isn’t stupid and have an actual nfl team. Tua who was compared you the next long bomb god Herbert has turned out to be better with a good scheme than Herbert but what do I know.

Good for you to keep blind hope that it will turn around. I did for the first couple of weeks, but for me I just can’t see it anymore.

4 minutes ago, Martin said:

Good for you to keep blind hope that it will turn around. I did for the first couple of weeks, but for me I just can’t see it anymore.

Call it blind hope but when the constant message every week that this team is terrible overall what do you expect? “What do you want Bryce to do?” Is a common thing asked every week.

3 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Call it blind hope but when the constant message every week that this team is terrible overall what do you expect? “What do you want Bryce to do?” Is a common thing asked every week.

Show me something. That's what I want him to do. Show something other than a random play here and there. Hit guys who are open downfield. Stop jumping like a frog when he throws. Show me that anticipation and elite accuracy I was told he had. I ain't seen poo. Honest to god there's been maybe 10-12 plays if I'm being generous that he's made all year long that I wouldn't expect practically any NFL roster caliber QB to be able to make.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Verge said:

We definitely have the worst skill position group in the league. We also happen to have the worst offensive line play in the league. Not really a good combination to support a rookie quarterback. I think it's almost impossible to evaluate his play at the moment. 

It's not actually.  Footwork, arm strength, anticipation, throw 'tool bag', run threat--all are lacking.  No amount of pooing on the WRs and OL will fix that.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Apples and Oranges dude, Jimmy had Steve Smith to chuck the ball to if he wanted to help get rid of those 0 TDs in September and October and November. Bryce has a lame duck staff and is regressing because of it. If he's this way next year congrats you win the game?

Another way to look at it is they brought in 100s of years of NFL offensive experience and they couldn’t make him into something he isn’t. 

Let's do some diving in here:

Yards:  Of those QBs playing at least 11 games:

image.png.21a7773e6fa421e130bc6ceb86006379.png

So Young is in company with Jones, Pickett and Ridder.

Completion%:

image.png.dc0c0648d795201887ec062c2b1826e3.png

Right there with Zack Wilson at around 60%.  This considering he's checked down the whole season...

image.png.e16a7cc1d8875342f2234b81c6376ce4.png

...to the whopping amount of 5.4 yards per attempt! This means yards per game are low too.

image.png.922ea111332eb39d30360ebdc2bf8ecb.png

Hmmm...the same names keep popping up.

TDs:

image.png.8c2624185c4cc7e021f775a09ac4a55c.png

Damn, Mac Jones and Ridder again.

Lastly, rating:

image.thumb.png.26b90ed3a4713f2891c57e64d19dbf3f.png

There's Jones and Wilson.

Point being, it's far enough into the season to see what Bryce is and what he is NOT.  He's not a QB1, period.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, Verge said:

We definitely have the worst skill position group in the league. We also happen to have the worst offensive line play in the league. Not really a good combination to support a rookie quarterback. I think it's almost impossible to evaluate his play at the moment. 

We may have the worst skill position group but I don’t believe the line is the worst. Going off PFF’s pass blocking efficiency metrics they have the Jets, Giants, and Titans worse. I think Bryce just tends to struggle with normal NFL pressure, no one gets clean pockets in the league, 84% of pockets are considered “muddied” league wide.

49 minutes ago, Verge said:

Many on this forum significantly overstate the struggles of our OL. They aren't good, but go watch the Giants or Commanders if you want to see TRULY atrocious OL play. We aren't the worst by any measure. Honestly, subpar OL play is largely the norm. There's a handful of legit good OLs in the league and everyone else is varying degrees of bad.

It's not too early to evaluate his footwork (now that's something that's worst in the league), his arm strength (subpar at best), ball placement (again subpar), and just overall eye test performance (fail).

I honestly can't see him ever being a plus player. He'll never lift a team over what you'd expect them to be able to achieve with an average QB. That's honestly starting to sadly look like his ceiling. Simply not being a liability.

• Pie 1