• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Cannot Make Basic NFL Throws

BIGH2001

1 minute ago, thunderraiden said:

Bryce year 1 stats are identical to Brees year 3 stats.. so not that miraculous . 

Have ya'll not learned to stop putting expectations on this kid of comparing him to hall of famers???

Before the draft it was Curry and even Michael Jordan and Brees and Doug Flutie. Now that he's going to likely finish with one of the worst statistical seasons ever you're back to this? How about we just let him show us he can be a competent starter and go from there? Cool? Thanks.

5 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Its wild to me so many people are ready to close the door year 1 on a player that OBVIOUSLY was gonna take more than a year to find out what they got. I was all aboard CJ Stroud at #1 (honestly i was fine with anyone at #3) but that was because CJ could have came in close to his ceiling. Bryce has the mental to be a Brees but even Brees wasnt Brees until Year 4.

what mental has he shown?  The s2 test?  Where is this mental play savant coming from?  If anything this past year shows he is a mental midget

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Its wild to me so many people are ready to close the door year 1 on a player that OBVIOUSLY was gonna take more than a year to find out what they got. I was all aboard CJ Stroud at #1 (honestly i was fine with anyone at #3) but that was because CJ could have came in close to his ceiling. Bryce has the mental to be a Brees but even Brees wasnt Brees until Year 4.

I honestly don't think Bryce will ever develop here.  This franchise really does have a stench that I think is going to be hard to wash off.  We have reached abyss level Browns-status as a franchise.

I think the most likely thing is that Bryce is here next year, does significantly better (provided he has help), but the damage is done.  

A significant amount of the fanbase wants him to fail.  If I'm his parents & agents, I'm wondering how in the hell I let Bryce get into this situation, and think about (much like CMC & Baker), how to get out so I can go somewhere where I'm both appreciated and can succeed?

I think in the future, just like Caleb Williams has intimated, you are going to see top QB prospects really consider where they are going and potentially simply refuse.

I mean, Andrew Luck took one look here and decided to return to college.  We got lucky with Cam.

Everyone can trash Bryce, but he is a stand-up kid and was the best QB prospect in college last year.  If you're a top QB prospect going forward, do you want to come here given how thoroughly we have destroyed QB's the past few years?

Fans can get mad at Bryce, but the players & coaches around the league know the truth.  This is a poverty franchise, and until we change that, directing anger at players may be cathartic, but it is laughable looking at it from an outside perspective.

Blaming a 22 year old kid for 6+ years of the worst of mismanagement... we need to be better than this.

If he really has all of this potential, why is he putting up the worst rookie qb season I may have ever seen? Am I to believe that the reason for his lack of success is that this team is the most devoid of talent and good coaching in over a decade?

He is historically bad. Does he need that many things to go right for him in order to be successful? 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

you are comparing bryce to a hall of famer?  Goddamn dude. 

So is your argument we are going to have to wait 4 fuging years before bryce can become a slightly above average qb?

This comparing Bryce to one of the most prolific passers the NFL has ever seen has to just stop. This is just dumb now. 

2 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

If he really has all of this potential, why is he putting up the worst rookie qb season I may have ever seen? Am I to believe that the reason for his lack of success is that this team is the most devoid of talent and good coaching in over a decade?

He is historically bad. Does he need that many things to go right for him in order to be successful? 

Alll Young needs is a top 3 WR core, OL, TE, and RB...THEN WATCH OUT LEAAGUE!!1111!

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Bryce year 1 stats are identical to Brees year 3 stats.. so not that miraculous . 

I could definitely see this being a Drew Brees/Philip Rivers situation.

But given our franchise, Bryce will turn into Drew Brees elsewhere, and we will give up on him to draft the next Ryan Leaf instead of Philip Rivers.

I genuinely expect something similar to this to happen over the next few years, and I'm not lying.  If he ends up in NO, I may have to permanently stop watching.

There is literally evidence all over the league of small QB's (Tua, Purdy) absolutely thriving with legit playmakers, but people want to act like Bryce couldn't produce with the weapons they have.  The whole reason for being for the GM is to build around the QB.

We gave our rookie QB the PFF rated #32 Receiving group and #31 rated Offensive Line and are surprised he's not putting up Pro Bowl numbers... it's beyond even insanity.

It's lazy and factually wrong.  But rather than blame the people who should be blamed who traded away our good players like CMC & DJ Moore and drafting busts, it's just too tempting to blame the 22 rookie for not making Chark or Mingo catch the ball.

Imagine Bryce playing for Kyle Shanahan... or anyone or anywhere else besides this dysfunction.

I do empathize with everyone though in the sense that we were absolutely gaslighted by Fitterer into believing this roster (even after trading CMC & Moore) was capable of competing in the NFC South.

6 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Alll Young needs is a top 3 WR core, OL, TE, and RB...THEN WATCH OUT LEAAGUE!!1111!

He does need more than the 32 rated receiving corp and the 31 rated Oline.

Any QB does.  Hell, how much discourse is there about Mahomes now and his receivers?

Or CJ Stroud last week when he lost his?

I know how awful the past 6 years have been, but I also feel like b/c of that people have simply lost perspective.

Bryce does need to know multiple Olineman aren't going to get beat immediately after the snap.  He cannot trust that for even one snap.  That should not be too much to ask as a NFL QB.

Seriously, and I know if you're like me, you haven't watched near as much NFL as I normally would,but watch any other team.  No other team is allowing immediate & multiple breakdowns pass set after pass set... and so much of it is coming right up the interior...

Even with the bad Olines with Cam, this wasn't happening.  We've never, ever in franchise history had an interior OLine this bad.  We just haven't, and I will die on that hill b/c I've watched every single snap.

Again, blame Bryce, but I simply disagree with anyone who thinks someone else (or anyone for that matter) is making chicken salad out of this chicken sh*t.

Or let's blame Bryce, F him, cut him tomorrow, tell his 180 lb ass he sucks and can never cut it as our franchise savior...

Then what?? Seriously, who is going to do better, and equally important, how TF would want to come here??

We get rid of coaches, we hate our good players for not doing enough to elevate an impossible situation, and then we get rid of them and watch them thrive when they aren't stuck in a dysfunctional franchise.

Rinse, lather, repeat...

Folks in here going off the deep end blaming the fans and the overall franchise lol. Where was this energy for Darnold and Bridgewater? Was it also the fault of the fans and the franchise that Kyle Allen wasn't actually the second coming of Tom Brady?

Unless you're his agent and are paid to represent him take a deep breath and realize he's set for life no matter what happens here. He will be alright regardless of the fans or the team.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Seltzer said:

He does need more than the 32 rated receiving corp and the 31 rated Oline.

Any QB does.  Hell, how much discourse is there about Mahomes now and his receivers?

Or CJ Stroud last week when he lost his?

I know how awful the past 6 years have been, but I also feel like b/c of that people have simply lost perspective.

Bryce does need to know multiple Olineman aren't going to get beat immediately after the snap.  He cannot trust that for even one snap.  That should not be too much to ask as a NFL QB.

Seriously, and I know if you're like me, you haven't watched near as much NFL as I normally would,but watch any other team.  No other team is allowing immediate & multiple breakdowns pass set after pass set... and so much of it is coming right up the interior...

Even with the bad Olines with Cam, this wasn't happening.  We've never, ever in franchise history had an interior OLine this bad.  We just haven't, and I will die on that hill b/c I've watched every single snap.

Again, blame Bryce, but I simply disagree with anyone who thinks someone else (or anyone for that matter) is making chicken salad out of this chicken sh*t.

Or let's blame Bryce, F him, cut him tomorrow, tell his 180 lb ass he sucks and can never cut it as our franchise savior...

Then what?? Seriously, who is going to do better, and equally important, how TF would want to come here??

We get rid of coaches, we hate our good players for not doing enough to elevate an impossible situation, and then we get rid of them and watch them thrive when they aren't stuck in a dysfunctional franchise.

Rinse, lather, repeat...

I will give you all of that.  All of it.  But it still doesnt make up for the fact that his footwork is horrendous, his arm strength is average at the absolute best (im being generous here its probably bottom 5) , and he misses throws due to his size.  You cannot really argue against any of that.