• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young is historically bad, and he's regressing

TN05

2 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Like CJ did yesterday without his top 2 receivers?

It's impossible to have a real football discussion with people on here because there are so many trolls or people posting with extreme hyperbole  (HE CAN'T THROW A PASS, HE'S THE WORST EVER, blah blah blah).

I'm not even on here spreading rays of sunshine or acting like his poo doesn't stink.  Everybody has to constantly hate instead of trying to actually discuss the entire football team.  

Do you think he has even an average nfl arm?

Do you think his size hinders his ability to see the field?

Do you think his footwork is worthy of a #1 overall pick?

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yes.  Not a strength of his but average.

Yes, at times. He needs more protection in the G-C-G pocket area or MOVE the pocket to be the most successful. Built just like the Saints did with Brees.

No.

He was worthy of the pick coming out; even if it appears that CJ will be the better player.  Every expert had them 1A and 1B.    He has had a poo year to put it mildly.  It does me no good to quit on him because 99% chance he is still the starting QB next season and I want to see some decent football so I'm holding out hope he can still be a better player.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

It's impossible to have a real football discussion with people on here because there are so many trolls or people posting with extreme hyperbole  (HE CAN'T THROW A PASS, HE'S THE WORST EVER, blah blah blah).

I'm not even on here spreading rays of sunshine or acting like his poo doesn't stink.  Everybody has to constantly hate instead of trying to actually discuss the entire football team.  

Here's the difference you're missing ...

Not one person here who says Bryce sucks also says our O-Line is fine and our WRs are fine. Not one.

What we are saying is that Bruce has shown nothing at all. Zero. Every great QB who had a poor first season at least showed something.

We "hate" on Bryce because he gives us nothing to look forward to. But people still think for some reason that if we get an elite O-line and elite WRs, college's former best QB will be our QB. These people think Young is actually great ... but his greatness is being masked.

As for CJ, yes ... he had a bad game ... against the league's best team against the pass in the rain. Good QBs have bad games.

• Pie 3

Young had one strength coming into the NFL and that was his mind and ultimate processing skills. He checked below average on all other boxes. Come to find out processing was below average as well. That being said it's safe to say at this point he's not an nfl qb. No need to slowly pull off the band-aid but rip it off and move on. 

• Flames 1

Oh boy. You had to know the cope brigade would be licking their chops waiting to throw around the fact the Texans and Stroud got thumped.

Rabble all you want about the "entire" football team. But generally the team goes as the QB goes. In the Cam years when he was on generally that translated to the rest of the team. When he wasn't the whole team looked deflated. With Bryce Young honestly I can't recall a time the team hasn't looked deflated. The one time the offense showed some true life was with Andy Dalton.

Edited by frankw

Just now, jamos14 said:

Yes.  Not a strength of his but average.

Yes, at times. He needs more protection in the G-C-G pocket area or MOVE the pocket to be the most successful. Built just like the Saints did with Brees.

No.

He was worthy of the pick coming out; even if it appears that CJ will be the better player.  Every expert had them 1A and 1B.    He has had a poo year to put it mildly.  It does me no good to quit on him because 99% chance he is still the starting QB next season and I want to see some decent football so I'm holding out hope he can still be a better player.

We have said this before, whether you "quit" on him has absolutely no bearing on how this plays out.  Others such as myself while seeing the team does suck he is absolutely shitting the bed in more ways then I can count now.  And while we can agree to disagree his arm is probably bottom 5 in the league right now and thats a problem for what we gave up.  His footwork is another enigma, he had shitty mechanics at bama and they seem to be getting worse here.  Is he not even trying or what?

All in all its going to take a mountain of draft capital, some good scouting and a lot of luck to even remotely try and turn this around.  But I think we are all kidding ourselves as we know how this is going to end.

He looks overwhelmed each week and I have no fuging clue why they keep trotting him out there, its clear in his pressers there is a fuse that is blown.  Pull him, win some games with dalton and lets hit the offseason

12 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Uh well yes actually like CJ Stroud. Ofc you pick a game he exits with a concussion... Dude has 3600 yards and 20 TDs already. Who was Nico Collins before CJ Stroud?

I'm not asking for Young to be Stroud, tho that'd be nice given what we traded for him.

I'd settle for Young being Andy Dalton...

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Here's the difference you're missing ...

Not one person here who says Bryce sucks also says our O-Line is fine and our WRs are fine. Not one.

What we are saying is that Bruce has shown nothing at all. Zero. Every great QB who had a poor first season at least showed something.

We "hate" on Bryce because he gives us nothing to look forward to. But people still think for some reason that if we get an elite O-line and elite WRs, college's former best QB will be our QB. These people think Young is actually great ... but his greatness is being masked.

As for CJ, yes ... he had a bad game ... against the league's best team against the pass in the rain. Good QBs have bad games.

Some of you say that.  Many are ignorant.  

I've been on here for a long damn time. There is not much football posting.  It's poo posting.  It's certainly a symptom of the team sucking for a long time; it's just exhausting.

Bryce hasn't performed well but for him to succeed this year he would need to be close to perfect. He hasn't helped himself and he hasn't been helped.    He can still be a successful QB.  And he has shown some "flashes" of his potential.  Not nearly as often as anybody would have hoped.   

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Oh boy. You had to know the cope brigade would be licking their chops waiting to throw around the fact the Texans and Stroud got thumped.

Rabble all you want about the "entire" football team. But generally the team goes as the QB goes. In the Cam years when he was on generally that translated to the rest of the team. When he wasn't the whole team looked deflated. With Bryce Young honestly I can't recall a time the team hasn't looked deflated. The one time the offense showed some true life was with Andy Dalton.

Speak of the devil.  Here is one of the trolls.

Just now, jamos14 said:

He can still be a successful QB.  And he has shown some "flashes" of his potential.  Not nearly as often as anybody would have hoped.   

Based on what? How many of these "flashes" have there been? Seems to me that for every flash play that makes you think we might have something to work with there's at least ten plays that leave you shaking your head thinking there's no way this guy is ever gonna make it in the NFL. And honestly, the flashes are graded on a curve. Not the type of #1 overall or 1st round type prosect flashes you're normally looking for, simply flashes of NFL competence like you'd be looking for out of a late round pick trying to earn a roster spot.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Is it crazy to think the best qb in the south has been sitting on our bench all season?? 

Not crazy at all. My guess is they didn’t want to bench Bryce for Dalton during the season bc could you imagine the discourse when Dalton puts up above average numbers with this teams offensive weapons? 

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Uh well yes actually like CJ Stroud. Ofc you pick a game he exits with a concussion... Dude has 3600 yards and 20 TDs already. Who was Nico Collins before CJ Stroud?

I'm not asking for Young to be Stroud, tho that'd be nice given what we traded for him.

I'd settle for Young being Andy Dalton...

Yes, I chose that game intentionally.  He lost his weapons and his OL struggled; and HE also struggled. 

He is a much better QB than Bryce at this point; clearly.  But even he still struggles when his receivers aren't getting open and he is consistently pressured.  Most QBs do.   That's the point.   

The QB gets all the blame and all the praise but there are 11 on the field at a time for a reason.

I think it would benefit Bryce to watch Dalton operate. I think it would benefit our receivers to have Dalton play. I think it would benefit our defense to have Dalton play. I think it would benefit Brown to have Dalton play.

For these reason, Dalton will remain on the bench. It's maddening 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Based on what? How many of these "flashes" have there been? Seems to me that for every flash play that makes you think we might have something to work with there's at least ten plays that leave you shaking your head thinking there's no way this guy is ever gonna make it in the NFL. And honestly, the flashes are graded on a curve. Not the type of #1 overall or 1st round type prosect flashes you're normally looking for, simply flashes of NFL competence like you'd be looking for out of a late round pick trying to earn a roster spot.

Re-read the post you quoted. 

"Not nearly as often as anybody would have hoped"

I'm not here saying with 100% certainty that he is going to turn it around.  But the opposite is also not true.  His story is not written yet.