• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich was the fall guy

Jmac

He was stuck with a QB he probably didn't want and was expected to perform miracles.

The whole playbook indicates that Young was very limited and he knew it. Only so much he could do with what he had.

I have a feeling Tepper had his foot on his neck to start Young and make it work. He was probably relieved that he was let go.

This whole thing with Tepper and Young had set this team back years. Having to take all kinds of crap from your boss and be the fall guy really sucks.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 8
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 5

I don't disagree, but he shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

He may be a good coach in some way shape or form, but he isn't who we as the 2023/24 Panthers needed as a coach this year.

We are so beyond broken as a franchise, we probably need a guy like Belichick or Harbaugh brought in to instill some semblance of a team culture because right now we have absolutely none.

• Pie 7
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Tepper hired an old school technician to repair a hybrid car in a plane falling from the sky with no pilots on board.

Then talked him into hiring people that he wasn't familiar with and who had different philosophies to help him do the job.

What I think we're going to see a lot of in future stories is the idea that Frank was just "too nice" and/or too cooperative / collaborative for the position he was in.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

He may be a good coach in some way shape or form, but he isn't who we as the 2023/24 Panthers needed as a coach this year.

We are so beyond broken as a franchise, we probably need a guy like Belichick or Harbaugh brought in to instill some semblance of a team culture because right now we have absolutely none.

Tepper just needs to just let it crash.  We're crashing in spectacular fashion; don't give up any more future capital or anything.  As Kunu would say, "The less you do, the more you do" Start letting things come.  

Don't do anything until impact and we have time to reassess the damages with a new GM and Coach--or combo...or whoever tf he finds ha.  

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Even agreeing to that premise, he still should have been allowed to build his staff as he saw fit. And if he truly did want a different quarterback, that's who he should have been given.

Telling a guy he has to do things your way and then firing him when it goes poorly is a sign of a really horrible leader.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Even agreeing to that premise, he still should have been allowed to build his staff as he saw fit. And if he truly did want a different quarterback, that's who he should have been given.

Telling a guy he has to do things your way and then firing him when it goes poorly is a sign of a really horrible leader.

That's why he wasn't the right fit. We needed a guy that would stand up and say "No", not good-natured sweet old man pastor Frank Reich.

2 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

I really want to hear Josh McCown’s account.  I’m sure the Panthers paid him to not speak, but him and Duce getting fired with Reich is most curious to me.

Definitely would love to hear Staley's version of things because I'm pretty sure he'd take no prisoners.

• Pie 2