• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we seriously consider Evero for head coach?

PleaseCutStewart

29 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

With the injuries this year he has had to make do with whatever warm bodies he had. No one could have done better, and the players haven’t quit on him. 

Must be all that great run defense we've been showing huh? There's about four guys on defense trying and the rest are just cashing checks and making plans for January in Orlando.

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Y'all realize that our defense isn't very good either, right?

It has been the least stinky turd in the pile, but that doesn't make great.

Let's just move on from everything associated with this season.

Our defensive stats have far outperformed our defensive talent this year, especially when you factor in injuries. Defense is ranked 3rd in the NFL in yards against and would be better in points allowed/game if our offense didn't spot the other team 10 points with awful turnovers and constantly giving good field position to the other opposing offense.

Evero has done a remarkable job IMO despite having one of the worst offenses I have ever seen constantly putting the defense in bad situations

• Pie 1
  • Flames 3

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Y'all realize that our defense isn't very good either, right?

It has been the least stinky turd in the pile, but that doesn't make great.

Let's just move on from everything associated with this season.

This. We're like the abused wife. We get some flowers and the black eye all the sudden doesn't hurt as much. He's a good DC, but not the best. What has he done to make a non-Panthers fan be like ... he's that guy! He's up and coming though for sure. It's just too soon.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Our defensive stats have far outperformed our defensive talent this year, especially when you factor in injuries. Defense is ranked 3rd in the NFL in yards against and would be better in points allowed/game if our offense didn't spot the other team 10 points with awful turnovers and constantly giving good field position to the other opposing offense.

Evero has done a remarkable job IMO despite having one of the worst offenses I have ever seen constantly putting the defense in bad situations

It's just not worth discussing anymore. 

IMO Tepoers and others hard on for a bright Offensive minded HC is a little too extreme. I think EE has done his current job well and should be considered as an option. Defensive guys aren’t idiots when it come to offense. As a matter of fact he might know more about how certain offensive guys should be used because he spends so much time studying offenses and how to counter certain players, schemes and tendencies. He may not be the best option depending on who else is available and interested but he and other Defensive guys should be considered seriously- we are foolishly limiting ourselves otherwise.

9 hours ago, electro's horse said:

exactly. dude has seen this org from the inside and wants nothing to do with it

to keep him, you'd have to offer full control: name the GM, OC, full staff, and probably team president if we're being serious. There's no other way you'd stick around with a bunch of people to stab you in the back. 

…and you’d have to wonder what decent coach wouldn’t demand the same

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

If that stat only told the whole story, we'd be freaking amazing!

You've seen the games, man. Right?

It's terrible. It's just that our offense sucks so badly in comparison. 

I do watch the games which is why saying that the defense sucks is fuging insanity

Rather, the defense as a reflection of Evero's coaching, is overachieving & good given the circumstances

Edited by SZ James (banned)
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, SZ James (banned) said:

I do watch the games which is why saying that the defense sucks is fuging insanity

We've produced 20 sacks, 8 INTs, we have an epically bad run defense that skews the games so badly that our pass defense ranks wildly high. There are tons more reasons but just go watch the games so more.

I can't. It's just not worth arguing over. If you're amazed by their wonderful performance, I'm glad you can find some happiness in that. Best of luck to you.