• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Season

jayboogieman

9 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

IC rumors he is gonna retire after this game. Personally, I love Mack but disagree with some of his coaching philosophies. He was the right man for the job though after the Fedora disaster and AFAM fiasco. 

It needs to happen. I love that he came back. He was exactly what we needed at the time. But he stayed past his expiration date. We needed someone to drag us out of the gutter and turn us around but then he rode the turnaround into the ground. I still think he's made us a more attractive landing spot.

7 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Same for every bowl game and team not part of the playoffs.

Bud UNC is missing the starting center, two starting WRs including Tex, the best DL, and all world LB Cedric Gray and of course Drake Maye. I’m sure I’ve missed someone.

Heels ain’t Bama or UGA where they are 3 deep with nfl talent. 

Edited by 4Corners

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It needs to happen. I love that he came back. He was exactly what we needed at the time. But he stayed past his expiration date. We needed someone to drag us out of the gutter and turn us around but then he rode the turnaround into the ground. I still think he's made us a more attractive landing spot.

Two years in a row they blew their wad early. At least he has Carolina back to where 8-9 wins ain’t good enough. 

18 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Bud UNC is missing the starting center, two starting WRs including Tex, the best DL, and all world LB Cedric Gray and of course Drake Maye. I’m sure I’ve missed someone.

Heels ain’t Bama or UGA where they are 3 deep with nfl talent. 

And I'm sure the other schools missing their starting players will claim the same thing. It is what it is. UNC got spanked... again.

12 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

And I'm sure the other schools missing their starting players will claim the same thing. It is what it is. UNC got spanked... again.

A meaningless game with a participation trophy. Nobody cares, and that seems to include the UNC coaching staff. Once Tez, Drake, and the handful of defensive players that are actually needed bounced it was pretty obvious their hands were tied. 

regarding the 19 year old freshmen Carolina started at QB, I thought he made some plays but he had a couple brutal drops and that INT in the end zone was poor. Heels need to spend some of Drake NIL money that is back on OL. 

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Did those guys play vs nc state?

Man I can live with the NC$T loss, the Clemson loss to an extent even though the home team was heavily influenced with questionable officiating - but the season basically ended when they lost at home to UVA and the following week at Ga Tech. You can’t lose those two games.