• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Season

jayboogieman

24 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Clemson doesn't look like they give a poo either and just gave up a 100 yard TD kick return. Kentucky leads 21-10

If it's not a playoff game or a historically awful team getting a bowl for the first time in ages the P5 teams just don't care. I haven't even been watching these games other than the UNC game and bailed out of that one with about 12 minutes to go.

• Pie 1

I can't imagine Bowl Games make much money at all for anyone but the schools. So I don't know why they still do them. Decades ago there were a little over a dozen games. Now there are like 45. The TV ratings aren't big at all. The ticket sales are low. The game will NOT help the location city's economy. The kids do NOT care about going anywhere other than Hawaii or maybe LA/NYC. The thought that it gives coaches more time to evaluate players or for players to get early reps for next season is stupid.

At least with 12 teams next year for the Playoffs you can use some of the bowls for the tournament's 13 games. But yeah ... Bowl Games are pointless. Though some have been great this year oddly enough. I only watch due to betting, but yeah like I said ... some have been very good.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I can't imagine Bowl Games make much money at all for anyone but the schools. So I don't know why they still do them. Decades ago there were a little over a dozen games. Now there are like 45. The TV ratings aren't big at all. The ticket sales are low. The game will NOT help the location city's economy. The kids do NOT care about going anywhere other than Hawaii or maybe LA/NYC. The thought that it gives coaches more time to evaluate players or for players to get early reps for next season is stupid.

At least with 12 teams next year for the Playoffs you can use some of the bowls for the tournament's 13 games. But yeah ... Bowl Games are pointless. Though some have been great this year oddly enough. I only watch due to betting, but yeah like I said ... some have been very good.

Eventually the system has to die. Advertisers and naming sponsors have to be getting completely abysmal ROI.

These bowl games obviously generate TV money; revenue for the schools and help local economies but come on…these games are terrible and nobody on earth gives a crap about Memphis vs Arkansas, UNC vs WVU etc 

and like I’ve said, getting mad at these kids who elect to not play is such a boomer, selfish mentality. 

Edited by 4Corners