• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer - the athletic

mrcompletely11

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

In the future he needs to learn to shut the fug up because the more he talks the more he has stuff that can be used against him.  IE. "We dont plan to be picking in the top 10 again"

Sanders, Hurst, Chark in FA

Getting rid of your top WR and trading up to #1 with the expectation of the playoffs

The offseason moves from this past year alone should be enough for termination.

In its entirety, Fitterer truly has been one of the worst GM's of all time.  Maybe that's not a completely fair title dealing with Tepper, but perception is 90% of reality.

He's never going to be able to wash the stink of his bad trades off.

• Pie 5

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

for me, the worst part is, this org has had no vision or horrific plans ever since folks like Fitterer arrived.  

everything is that.  Love or hate Teddy, keeping him and drafting a QB made sense.  They messed that up.  Then the Sam Darnold era made zero sense.  Instead of a depth chart project he was THE plan.   Then the have Cam save us from our nightmare move that frankly made zero sense outside of getting fans off their back so they/we could have that farewell with him...and then they didn't even give us that.  Then the pointless Baker era.  Then the dysfunctional trade the farm for Bryce Young and give him no weapons or weapons that don't fit what he would be doing because somehow, because he doesn't need them. 

Scott Fitterer IMO wasn't qualified to come into a weak front office and build a team because he was a weak candidate to begin with.  Came in here and IMO has thought he could somehow create some discount version of the Seattle LOB team.  I think Horn was Fitterer.  That's always what made sense.  Think Bryce was Fitterer.  Think the mindset you can have a discount O with a small QB and heavily invest in your D is Fitterer.     But it was a whack vision.  Seattled pimped Russell and the LOB.  What made it actually work IMO was the ground and pound of Lynch.  Dominant run game paired w/ a fluke D (in terms of how it all came together and how good it was.  You can't build that intentionally). 

Everything this organization has tried to sell us during the Tepper Era as a "strategic vision/plan" has been in a reality a house of cards... 

Richardson was just mostly a mute who never communicated but also didn't meddle...  

What I'd give just to get back to the mediocrity under JR...

At least we got some awesome playoff runs and 2 SB appearances.

Under Tepper, we are little the worst team in American professional sports...

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Everything this organization has tried to sell us during the Tepper Era as a "strategic vision/plan" has been in a reality a house of cards... 

Richardson was just mostly a mute who never communicated but also didn't meddle...  

What I'd give just to get back to the mediocrity under JR...

At least we got some awesome playoff runs and 2 SB appearances.

Under Tepper, we are little the worst team in American professional sports...

I think Richardson had a vision of what he wanted and did chime in on that.  I don't think it's an accident that his teams were largely all very similar.   Richardson also knew football.  I don't think he was hands on outside of making sure the big picture was going to be what it was. 

I think Tepper thinks he can buy and rent a winner.  I think he operates it very much like stocks.  Well, I can just buy this one, sell that one.  Profit overnight.   I also think he operates on selling fools gold to his fans.  Oh they are unhappy? Well, I'll trade for the #1 pick and hype up a bunch of stuff.  The foundation remains bad.  The plan remains bad.  Love it or hate it, there has been no vision or plan in Carolina since Ron/Cam walked out the door.  They had a plan.  They had a vision.  They committed to it.  It worked to some degree.  Fox was the same.   

• Beer 1

I think Person was too generous to Fitterer in the article. He gives him credit for extending Donte Jackson and for signing Pineiro. IMHO the Jackson signing was a mistake given his injury history and streaky play. He lucked into Pineiro after signing Zane Gonzalez, who seems to have the same trainer as Jaycee Horn.

He also gives him credit for Corbett, who has been good, but fails to mention signing Cam Erving and Pat Elflein at the start of the 2021 FA period, who were not good.

• Pie 5

6 minutes ago, MrBubba said:

Also let Reddick and Gilmore walk.  I know you can't keep everyone.  But you cannot let talent walk without trying to keep them

Gilmore was one of those oddities IMO you just have to take advantage of.  Like Tolbert.  Think Gilmore was willing to just be near his family and was looking for that.  We were like nah, we got a glass DB and an inconsistent Jackson.  We don't need great and consistent DB play. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

In the future he needs to learn to shut the fug up because the more he talks the more he has stuff that can be used against him.  IE. "We dont plan to be picking in the top 10 again"

I mean, he's not wrong. The team won't be picking in the top 10 next year.

Lolz.

• Beer 2

37 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It's like Tepper chattering away about point guards, distributing the ball, and spending less on receivers.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Burns is not our best defensive player.  Joe lost me right there.

I think in Burns' entire career you could argue he was our best defensive player just once in his career in reality....and that ain't been recent.   Not sure why folks keep repeating that at this point.   Burns just has tenure over others.   That's helping play into the narrative he is the best.   When was the last time he was actually the best? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Fitterer should be fired immediately. This is what lawyers call and open and shut case. Pathetic, embarrassing, and a total loser. 

Could you imagine showing your face around the league after the disastrous trades he's made?

The NFL is brutal... I'm sure Fitty gets clowned relentlessly behind the scenes of other organizations...

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1