• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What happened to maintaining control through the catch?

NAS

22 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

It was ruled a catch on the field… he had control and was down in bounds and the ball only popped out during contact after he was out of bounds.  That’s a hard one to over turn.  If they had called it a non catch in the field I think that would have stood as well.  Wasn’t conclusive either way on review so it stands. 

I’ll be honest…I don’t even know the rule anymore. 

Like is it over when his butt touches the ground? When a part of him touched out of bounds? At what point is it irrelevant to maintain possession of the ball?

I’m fine with whatever, but when you see multiple plays just like this over the years, and it is called inconsistently…then I just don’t know what the hell to think anymore. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I’ll be honest…I don’t even know the rule anymore. 

Like is it over when his butt touches the ground? When a part of him touched out of bounds? At what point is it irrelevant to maintain possession of the ball?

I’m fine with whatever, but when you see multiple plays just like this over the years, and it is called inconsistently…then I just don’t know what the hell to think anymore. 

They got away from the idea of maintaining through the entire process. If the player has control and is down by contact they want it to be a catch because he play is over at that point.  

and yes,  Cotchery caught it.  

• Pie 4