• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russel Wilson being benched

jb2288

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Pretty sure the Broncos have an out in that contract after this season. Safe to say they're gonna jump on it.

Not unless they want to cap hell for a while. The first semi-reasonable out they have is after 2024. If they cut him prior to Mar. 21st of 2024, the 2025 guaranteed money goes away(it is the full 2025 salary, BTW). But they would have $85 mil in dead money.

• Pie 3

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Not unless they want to cap hell for a while. The first semi-reasonable out they have is after 2024. If they cut him prior to Mar. 21st of 2024, the 2025 guaranteed money goes away(it is the full 2025 salary, BTW). But they would have $85 mil in dead money.

Not only that, they don’t have cheap talent on the roster because they gave away both 1 and 2 in 2022 and 2023 draft. Gave away another 1st for Sean Payton. That’s rough 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 4

1 minute ago, jb2288 said:

Not only that, they don’t have cheap talent on the roster because they gave away both 1 and 2 in 2022 and 2023 draft. Gave away another 1st for Sean Payton. That’s rough 

They would be something like $68 million over the cap by cutting him. They are projected already to be almost $19 mil over the cap in 2024.

The best thing they can probably do is basically trade him away and keep a substantial amount of his salary. That is the only near term option. Outside of that, wait until 2025/2026 to cut him.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

They would be something like $68 million over the cap by cutting him. They are projected already to be almost $19 mil over the cap in 2024.

The best thing they can probably do is basically trade him away and keep a substantial amount of his salary. That is the only near term option. Outside of that, wait until 2025/2026 to cut him.

They just need to let him cook until 2026.

• Flames 3

37 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I wish the Broncos the worst and only the worst. I hope they don't see the playoffs for more than a decade.

Hate the Pats and Belichick with a passion and rooting for Belichick not to pass Shula but I found myself pulling for them against Payton, Wilson and the Broncos. fug that organization and those guys so hard. Hope they miss the playoffs for 25 straight years

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, t96 said:

Hate the Pats and Belichick with a passion and rooting for Belichick not to pass Shula but I found myself pulling for them against Payton, Wilson and the Broncos. fug that organization and those guys so hard. Hope they miss the playoffs for 25 straight years

I am going to root for the Pats in the last two games. I want them to fug themselves out of a new QB in the draft.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

58 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2023/12/27/nfl-news-broncos-bench-qb-russell-wilson-in-week-17/

Man we have had a lot of lows this year and still don't have the 1st, but it could always be worse. Feels good to have an on the rise rookie QB after seeing this. They're going to have to eat 35M in cap hit just next year on him

on the rise?