• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saturday Night/MNF Game Cowboys Vs. Lions

Butterflyj30

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Media hyped him. He has a big ego. Had to be the star of the game. Should have just kicked the FG and win it in OT.

Main reason I'm not buying the Lions hype is because of their HC.

Wilks>Campbell I didn't forget!

Playoffs on the line Wilks spanked them. But Campbell is the next great HC lmao

I agree with your points and I am wondering what’s the hype with Ben Johnson.. his offense is blah with better players than we have .. not sold on Johnson 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Media hyped him. He has a big ego. Had to be the star of the game. Should have just kicked the FG and win it in OT.

Main reason I'm not buying the Lions hype is because of their HC.

Wilks>Campbell I didn't forget!

Playoffs on the line Wilks spanked them. But Campbell is the next great HC lmao

The Lions defense had been solid all night. If Campbell doesn’t have confidence in his defense to get a stop in OT after kicking the XP in regulation then I think that says more about him as a coach than going for two multiple times does.

If he doesn’t think his defense can get a stop in OT then he needs to prepare his defense better but going for two from the seven yard line (even though there was a penalty) and then again from the 4 is just dumb. Even if you have three plays drawn up that you’d deem are a success, the odds that you succeed are slim.

Just bad coaching. 

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2

13 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Dan Campbell’s aggression fugs his team way too much.

Passed up free points in the first half which in hindsight would have won the game for the Lions and then continuing to go for two three straight times instead of sending the game to OT is idiotic.

I’m all for being aggressive but some of his decisions are moronic.

I agree with this. You can't just be over aggressive for the sake of being over aggressive. It will lose you close games like this one.

How about that performance from Hutchinson tho? That's what we dream Burns could be an absolute game wrecker. 

I wouldn't have minded trading burns to Detroit for their round 2 and round 3  picks, honestly. 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The Lions defense had been solid all night. If Campbell doesn’t have confidence in his defense to get a stop in OT after kicking the FG in regulation then I think that says more about him as a coach than going for two multiple times does.

If he doesn’t think his defense can get a stop in OT then he needs to prepare his defense better but going for two from the seven yard line (even though there was a penalty) and then again from the 4 is just dumb. Even if you have three plays drawn up that you’d deem are a success, the odds that you succeed are slim.

Just bad coaching. 

He got cocky. That special teams call got him a 1st down. Dude started feeling himself and went for it again late trying to be the hero.

He's just to cocky for me. Media loves him though lol

• Pie 1

Just now, Hoenheim said:

I agree with this. You can't just be over aggressive for the sake of being over aggressive. It will lose you close games like this one.

How about that performance from Hutchinson tho? That's what we dream Burns could be an absolute game wrecker. 

I wouldn't have minded trading burns to Detroit for their round 2 pick honestly. 

Hutchinson was a force tonight which makes Campbell’s decision to continue going for two even more baffling.

The Lions defense was playing solid. The Cowboys only drove the field once, the other TD was just CeeDee Lamb being CeeDee Lamb.

I don’t get the decision.

• Pie 1