• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I hope you know what this means…

AceBoogie

46 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Short of Cam Newton, there’s no Panther QB in history who could remotely overcome what he had to face today between Ickey and Chark being Jacksonville’s best players.

There’s an argument here, but today wasn’t the best sample for it. 

You blame them but ian thomas is still targeted and youre not getting theilen involved. Mingo even suit up?

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

One at most was. It’s not the QB’s fault if he can’t even look up before getting hit. 

Trust me man. Around half were on him. He has to know where pressure is coming from. Know where his outlet is (they were open every time). And he needs to step up in the pocket. They played chess out there today with Bryce and he was playing checkers. If he’s not going to outsmart the defense then he can’t be out there because he’s not big enough to out physical them. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

The offensive line was horrible today. Short of the first drive, they couldn’t pass or run block to save their lives. Was Bryce good? Heck no! But most of the time, he had half a second to throw at best. The interior was consistently blown up on the snap. There were missed throws sure. But there were also drops, poor tackling, poor coverage, and no kicking game at all. It was a complete meltdown. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

Trust me man. Around half were on him. He has to know where pressure is coming from. Know where his outlet is (they were open every time). And he needs to step up in the pocket. They played chess out there today with Bryce and he was playing checkers. If he’s not going to outsmart the defense then he can’t be out there because he’s not big enough to out physical them. 

Buddy, I can appreciate your turn to the anti-Young crowd.

But not even CJ Christ can step up in the pocket when there are DL on his left hip and in his face. 

Here's my take: poo it if you want, I won't get offended lol

Just because we paid to move up and get Bryce by no means promises him a 4-5 year leash. Especially with a HC and (hopefully) a GM that's inheriting him.  Do I think they'll draft a QB at 33? Asbolutely not. Yet, I'd be a fool to think they aren't going to look at capable backup or vet additions that can step in and do the job if they have too.  The logical thing to do is surround Bryce with as much talent as possible, capitalize on the rookie contract.  The illogical thing is at this point to ONLY make Bryce the priority this offseason and not just build a better team for the sake of having a better team.  AT LEAST get to the point that we're winning in spite of Bryce rather than losing because of him if he continues to play poorly. 

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

I’m here to admit it. Bryce Young is a bust. It’s not even a debate. He doesn’t have it at this level. Now the sad part….

Because we invested so much in a guy that isn’t going to be THE guy, we’re probably 5-10 years away from having a winning football team again. 

Here’s another thing…it also means our next coach most likely won’t be successful. So in theory, we’re probably looking at a lame duck coach as soon as he signs the papers. 

Buckle up folks, it’s going to be a long journey. The last time I felt like this was when we brought in Teddy Bridgewater.

I said not drafting Justin Fields set this franchise back 10 years. I wasn’t wrong. 

im prolly gonna die before we even have a winning season