• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could we have a George Shinn 2.0 and Tepper moves the team?

David Tepper is the wealthiest person in NC/SC and is likely the most despised person in the area

this is not boding well

he has no allies in SC nor NC

FANBASE hates him

Coaches minus the direct deposit despise him

he’s basically toxic to everyone 

what options does he have?

1) fix the problem- tough to do when you are the problem 

2) sell the team- it prints cash, doubt he does that

3) move the team- new city, new start, comes off as a hero to the new town

Stop. He's not moving the team. Man I can't wait til this all blows over and we're back to our normal BS about him being bad at the football business. To put it in ways you might finally understand: this latest incident is on par with Cam stealing a laptop, minus the fact there will be no mug shot.

The hurdle of owning the soccer team is really the biggest hurdle I can think of. Not 100% sure about the rules tho.

He can pay the other owners enough to let him move like the Rams did, it might actually be a prerequisite of moving a team. He can pay his way out of PSLs and the city deal, maybe tax break repercussions?. He would just own real estate downtown at that point. Plenty of places to move, especially out of the country. The NFL would love that and wouldn't care about Charlotte at all. 

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Stop. He's not moving the team. Man I can't wait til this all blows over and we're back to our normal BS about him being bad at the football business. To put it in ways you might finally understand: this latest incident is on par with Cam stealing a laptop, minus the fact there will be no mug shot.

Cam was an 18 year old college kid when that happened.

Tepper is a giant man baby billionaire who happens to own our team.

Don't see how it's on par. 

• Pie 1

I feel like someone should write a high profile article outlining how Tepper can't move the Panthers and get some traction going on it. Tepper's the kind of guy who'd look to move the team just out of spite to show that he can. Modern problems require modern solutions.

He can take his fuging kickball team and bro country concerts with him.