• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

300k Fine for Tepper

jb2288

5 hours ago, MHS831 said:
5 hours ago, Billy Love said:

I know this is not a popular take on this subject but. I think Tepper is humiliated by his behavior, he acted like a child and the whole world including his wife and peers saw it. I do believe he wants to win and is frustrated by his pitiful results. Combine these 2 things and he’s hopefully at a point of self reflection that will bore some real change. Don’t give up. 

I see your point and wish I could share in your optimism-i have had the same thoughts.  Until he takes his hands off the steering wheel, this franchise is headed for the iceberg.

It's more likely he takes the Michael Jordan approach and goes completely underground and never speaks to the press again and/or appears in any sort of public forum.

Good news is even in that scenario there's no chance the Panthers plumb the depths of ineptitude the Bobcats descended to under almost 20 years of "leadership" by MJ!!  😁😂

• Pie 1

I sure wish the legal system/authorities (and fans) in Charlotte interpreted the definition of "assault" in a manner that even remotely approached what's being expressed in this thread!!

This is what "assault" looks like:

image.jpeg.9db5e2b359ece736a8e74dad06ce9e68.jpeg

image.jpeg.3253b827513baec6c316d5bc887b8313.jpeg

6 hours ago, RayRedd said:

I sure wish the legal system/authorities (and fans) in Charlotte interpreted the definition of "assault" in a manner that even remotely approached what's being expressed in this thread!!

This is what "assault" looks like:

image.jpeg.9db5e2b359ece736a8e74dad06ce9e68.jpeg

image.jpeg.3253b827513baec6c316d5bc887b8313.jpeg

Maybe this will help. 

A lot of it has to do with intent, but pushing is assault, for example, even if the recipient of the push is not bruised or hurt in any way.  Most people are not bruised by pushing.  Throwing a drink in someone's face is a form of assault and here is a similar example.  I know a guy who was a teacher leaving a school board meeting and some angry protestors gathered outside.  A man threw a pizza crust at the teacher, hitting him in the back.  The man filed a complaint, and the pizza tosser was arrested at his home that night.  Not sure if it was stuffed crust or deep dish--details were not provided in the police blotter the next day.  The intent was to provoke an altercation and humiliate a teacher leaving a school board meeting.  By your standards, this is acceptable if it did not cost the teacher a pint of blood or an eye, and that is not the case.  This post seems to suggest there is no legal recourse for someone throwing fluids into your face if it does not leave a mark.  It is important to understand the difference between assault and battery.

Elements of Assault  It is noteworthy that someone can be charges with assault without an act of violence.  An attempt to injure someone is also considered assault.   So Tepper would have to explain why he felt that throwing fluid into someone's face is not an attempt to injure that person (using the legal definition of injury, which could be humiliation or public ridicule).
  • The act was intended to cause apprehension of harmful or offensive contact.  (CHECK--it was meant as an offensive gesture to cause apprehension or provoke violence)
  • The act indeed caused reasonable apprehension in the victim that harmful or offensive contact would occur. (CHECK--offensive contact did occur--throwing fluid in someone's face is "offensive contact."  any reasonable person might feel threatened.  Note there is still no mention of contusions or broken bones)
  • There was an imminent physical gesture signifying a threat.  (CHECK.  throwing anything at anyone is a threatening, physical gesture)

Battery  The actual violent act, as you pictured, is battery, most likely, assault and battery, which means the intent and acts to cause violence and the violent act itself.  Assault is the intent to harm or injure regardless of the degree of violence or successful execution of that act--and the violence itself is battery.  So when you show pictures of assault and battery you are not accurately depicting simple assault with no battery.  It is confusing, but if you angrily throw fluid in someone's face--even if you miss the target---it is assault because the intent was to physically (not verbally or emotionally) injure (harm, ridicule, defame, humiliate) another person.

• Pie 3

18 hours ago, Captroop said:

I'm fine with it. I'm just relieved the league didn't dock us a draft pick. A financial penalty for Tepper, no matter how small, at least doesn't set the team back further. It would be awful for the fan base to suffer (moreso) for that jackass's actions. 

It might be more comforting to have them dock us a pick. That will save us another bust.

But, then Fitt would just make some other horrible FA signing instead.

• Flames 1

11 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Throwing a drink in someone's face is a form of assault and here is a similar example.

This did not happen.

11 hours ago, MHS831 said:

By your standards, this is acceptable if it did not cost the teacher a pint of blood or an eye, and that is not the case. 

Complete non-sequitur...nonsense.

I'd love it if local authorities rallied and did an about-face by getting behind the our hard-working police officers once again..

...but that's just not the world we are currently living in.  

Here is a billion dollars in $100 bills stacked on 12 pallets................Tepper has 20.6 loads of what you see here or a total of 2,472 pallets of $100 bills.

The individual wrapped stacks of $100 bills you see here in the foreground are worth about $300k.........so his fine is one of those individual stacks from a palletized supply over 20 times larger than what you see here.

Or if you were "just a millionaire" that fine by percentage would amount to $14.98. 

main-qimg-fc8b97e22416f6ce1fd9312d84bb5205.webp

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, RayRedd said:

This did not happen.

Complete non-sequitur...nonsense.

I'd love it if local authorities rallied and did an about-face by getting behind the our hard-working police officers once again..

...but that's just not the world we are currently living in.  

We both know that's not going to happen. All the simpletons of society have been brought up to believe "Policeman bad, criminals doing bad very acceptable and good. If any policeman stops my crime then they must be bad. Any arrest must be corrupt and just another cop harming innocent citizens on their way to do good for society" Ya know, the typical narrative that is modern day pop culture and indoctrinated into the mush minds of America everyday on television.

Edited by Ricky Prickles

Maybe the forum should consider adding a plastic cup emoji for expressing disapproval. It'd be nice to have an alternative to the turd emoji that also serves as a big middle finger to Tepper whenever it's used.

Edited by BenjaminBreeg