• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pressure or Coverage....

Zod

What has contributed more to the poor pass defense?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What has contributed more to the poor pass defense?

• QB Pressure
    • Coverage

No pressure. WRs in the NFL are too good to cover for an extended time. If the QB has time a WR will eventually get open. There must be pressure on the QB to make him get rid of the ball. If a QB in the NFL has all day to pass... ANY defense in the league will get picked apart.

No pressure. WRs in the NFL are too good to cover for an extended time. If the QB has time a WR will eventually get open. There must be pressure on the QB to make him get rid of the ball. If a QB in the NFL has all day to pass... ANY defense in the league will get picked apart.

agree 100%!

Coverage. I agree pressure helps and all that, but when you have 2 of the top paid CB's in the league, they should be able to cover people. I don't remember Denver having a super great d-line but yet Champ became a shut down corner. How about that Oakland D-line that made their corner a shut down? Pure and simple, Lucas looks like he's out of it out there, and people are slicing him up on the field.

Pressure. It can't be coverage, no matter how "good" a CB is...he will get burnt w/ no pressure on a QB. I also think it all falls back to schemes not working and Fox sticking w/ it regardless. The blitz packages don't work......everytime they "bring the house", usually no even gets through. I mean look at Beason, one of the best LBs in the league (career sacks ZERO).

Pressure. It can't be coverage, no matter how "good" a CB is...he will get burnt w/ no pressure on a QB. I also think it all falls back to schemes not working and Fox sticking w/ it regardless. The blitz packages don't work......everytime they "bring the house", usually no even gets through. I mean look at Beason, one of the best LBs in the league (career sacks ZERO).

Oakland's CB and Champ Bailey in his prime would argue with you. I agree with the play call though. Let's say that, the plays we run now, cause issues for the CB's because we are getting no pressure, I agree with that. Fox needs to change it up and use our strengths instead of exposing our weaknesses.

The lack of pressure has been the problem for two seasons now. Coverage has only been an issue the last half of this season. I think as this season progressed, teams were able to gameplan agaisnt the secondary by expoliting the lack of pressure.

also, the coaches and players did make a point repeatedly to explain how the D is much more simple this year and not as complex as prior seasons....I think Fox is going to stick w/ that has gotten this year.....bend and hopefully the opponents shoot themselves in the foot as they drive down field.

Archived