• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

season is over, are there ANY bryce believers left on this board?

Just now, Saca312 said:

Bryce really only looked good one drive of a bad weather game vs atlanta and one half vs one of the worst secondaries in football.

Am I concerned and worried? Yes.

Bryce Young has done little to inspire hope this season. Hitching hope on the few times he's able to do the bare minimum at the QB position is fruitless. 

CJ Stroud went in just as bad of a situation as the Panthers yet he's balling out and in the playoffs.

Young by comparison is much more into bust territory.

Hope is that we ink a 1st overall and that the 2025 first OVR QB has the prototypical size and assets needed to be a franchise QB.

Bs.. on paper it looked “just as bad” on the field it was better.. Sorry but Football is played by teams not just 1 player..

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

Bryce really only looked good one drive of a bad weather game vs atlanta and one half vs one of the worst secondaries in football.

Am I concerned and worried? Yes.

Bryce Young has done little to inspire hope this season. Hitching hope on the few times he's able to do the bare minimum at the QB position is fruitless. 

CJ Stroud went in just as bad of a situation as the Panthers yet he's balling out and in the playoffs.

Young by comparison is much more into bust territory.

Hope is that we ink a 1st overall and that the 2025 first OVR QB has the prototypical size and assets needed to be a franchise QB.

QB is the least of our worries. If we can't get the owner to be hands off, we are looking at 10-15 years of suffering.

1 minute ago, recceice said:

Both can be true but you have blamed 1 thing I saw the fault in many things..

I see. I am blaming Bryce because of the price we paid for him. For that cost, he needed to be generational and he may not even be a starting QB in the league.  We need upgrades everywhere on O and his cost will greatly hinder that in the next 1-2 years. 

Not his fault, but infuriating nonetheless. 

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Oh we have a choice. There is free agency, there was/is a better QB on the roster, there is an unbelievable 2nd round QB class....

We have plenty of choices. The problem is that the dumbass owner we have is too stupid to do anything else. 

Yes he will throw away all that assets giving up and time spent.. For a bad rookie season in the worst situation you could put a rookie in..

1 minute ago, 33inNC said:

I see. I am blaming Bryce because of the price we paid for him. For that cost, he needed to be generational and he may not even be a starting QB in the league.  We need upgrades everywhere on O and his cost will greatly hinder that in the next 1-2 years. 

Not his fault, but infuriating nonetheless. 

He didn’t make Fitt or Tep pay that price and again how do you expect a rookie to carry a crap situation.. How many have done that??

8 minutes ago, recceice said:

They do.. It has been proven on the field .. They made more plays less mistakes got open a lot more and their offense system was better.. For 2023 the Texans have better WR..

You're so stubborn. It's like debating a door lol.

Nico Collins had 446 yds in 2021, 481 in 2022. This season? 1297.

Noah Brown has been in the league six years. His best yardage year? This one.

Tank is a rookie. 3rd round pick.

I'll give you Schultz. He played well in Dallas and with Stroud.

Their corps was a success because of a rookie QB.

• Flames 2

Just now, recceice said:

He didn’t make Fitt or Tep pay that price and again how do you expect a rookie to carry a crap situation.. How many have done that??

Being a rookie has nothing to do with his footwork being hot garbage, or not being able to zip a ball to an NFL open receiver, or being able to be brought down by a fingertip. That hop skip and float crap worked at Bama but it doesn't cut it in the NFL. 

Are there issues? Absolutely. But Bryce is a huge part of them. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

You're so stubborn. It's like debating a door lol.

Nico Collins had 446 yds in 2021, 481 in 2022. This season? 1297.

Noah Brown has been in the league six years. His best yardage year? This one.

Tank is a rookie. 3rd round pick.

I'll give you Schultz. He played well in Dallas and with Stroud.

Their corps was a success because of a rookie QB.

So the change in coaching staff doesn’t matter right??

The oline being healthy and more consistent doesn’t matter..

Adding vets like The TE from Dallas and Wr from LA didn’t matter..

Nah it was just 1 player right??

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Being a rookie has nothing to do with his footwork being hot garbage, or not being able to zip a ball to an NFL open receiver, or being able to be brought down by a fingertip. That hop skip and float crap worked at Bama but it doesn't cut it in the NFL. 

Are there issues? Absolutely. But Bryce is a huge part of them. 

Yes it does.. Especially when you don’t trust your Oline and bad coaching.. As a Rookie you depend on that stuff right?? Or do we expect perfect footwork and all that other poo day 1 now?? Because not even Cam was perfect day 1 or year 1..

1 minute ago, recceice said:

Yes it does.. Especially when you don’t trust your Oline and bad coaching.. As a Rookie you depend on that stuff right?? Or do we expect perfect footwork and all that other poo day 1 now?? Because not even Cam was perfect day 1 or year 1..

From a number 1 draft pick? You damn right I expect better than a lazy ass walk back and his feet facing the sideline when it's time to throw a pass. 

5 minutes ago, Verge said:

Why are people writing off the Green Bay game? After Bryce put up 300 on they gave up 19 total points over the next two games and neither quarterback went over 150 yards. 

Bc before that game their Joe Berry led D was a joke. Looking at a ton of Green Bay posts on twitter every fan was calling for him to be fired. I believe last year, Berry turned poo around at the end of the season just like this. My guess, them getting torched by the panthers O woke them up. Bryce still played great that game. 

Edited by The Lobo
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1