• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

season is over, are there ANY bryce believers left on this board?

12 minutes ago, recceice said:

You’re starting to make caveat to opinion that didn’t have them when you 1st posted it.. 

https://www.nfl.com/players/trevor-lawrence/stats/career

Lawrence 1st year was bad and he had a lower QB rating.. 

Does that count in your analysis??

Tlaw used his legs more, and a lot of his int’s were deep throws. Not good by any means, but how their offense moved was night and day to this year’s panthers. Bryce would have had 3-4 more picks if he could throw a hail mary

29 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I think this is the biggest disconnect between the majority of us and the "Bryce Guys". NONE of us think this team is good. NONE. We know the Oline is weak, we know the WRs are weak, we know the HC sucks, we know the OC sucks. But we believe Bryce sucks ... despite all that.

That is a perfectly acceptable stance for you. It really is. 

I just think the QB position relies on others to be successful. He can't do anything without someone else. He needs WRs to get open, the oline to protect him, and a playcaller to keep the defense guessing/scheme receivers open. Bryce isn't a Cam or Lamar that can win a game solely with their legs. He is what they thought he was. A point guard. I don't think he needs a team of pro bowlers, but he does need NFL average everywhere to be successful. 

I will say he's a lot more elusive than I thought he was. I think his ceiling is a high end game manager. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

As a team who has seen one of the absolute worst and then one of the best rookie seasons in NFL history, in sequential years, this is one of the more appropriate groups for seeing what promise vs. not cutting it looks like.  I really don't think calling it for what it is, is some overreaction.  

There's a level of eye test needing to be passed and Bryce did not cut it this season.  Simple as that.  This was Jake Locker level.

Now sure, I'll give him into next season but holy hell, this was just bad.  I simply can't get over the lack of zip and his footwork.  Not to mention, there are huge detriments that aren't correctable physically, he does not have the arm (I don't know how people can't see this, the zip is not there), and now, he is playing scared 100% of the time.    

This is a bad situation. 

I know he's a "good kid" or whatever and people WANT him to be good.  But he just wasn't. 

He has A LOT to prove in short order.  

Our whole offense from the play callers to the players has been just awful. My thought is to fix this first and if Young still struggles then you can move on while putting your new QB in a much better situation. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Were you saying this before the season started? Thought the big reason to draft bryce over stroud was because stroud was only good because of the talent around him in college but yet he goes to a team with only 3 wins and was expected to struggle because of no talent but yet takes that team to playoffs.

The Head coach Ryans said himself last night they arent where they are without him but somehow houston is one of the most talented teams in the league all of a sudden. I have never seen a bottom fielding team get so much credit for their roster when only managing a couple wins the last few years. The gymnastics to protect bryce has been over the top all year. 

What was said before the season isn’t the same as what happened..

Its obvious the Texans had a better plan developed a better team and hired the better coach and coaching staff.. 

I wanted CJ but it wasn’t a big difference in him and BY by all analysts opinions.. Both were good in HS college and were highly rated prospects.. 

The Texans having a better team isn’t a question because they proved on the field.. CJ being better right now isn’t debatable but it’s also not debatable that he has a good system around him as well.. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Our whole offense from the play callers to the players has been just awful. My thought is to fix this first and if Young still struggles then you can move on while putting your new QB in a much better situation. 

That’s what teams do all the time to think they won’t is a fantasy… 

Will he ever be an MVP Or good enough to carry a team by himself. Not at all. But I still haven’t given up that he can be an above average QB. Now is that what you want out of the guy you traded up to? Absolutely not. But already walking away from I wouldn’t do that yet. This was the least talented team in the NFL and that’s on Fitterer more than Bryce as far as our sucking goes.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

That is a perfectly acceptable stance for you. It really is. 

I just think the QB position relies on others to be successful. He can't do anything without someone else. He needs WRs to get open, the oline to protect him, and a playcaller to keep the defense guessing/scheme receivers open. Bryce isn't a Cam or Lamar that can win a game solely with their legs. He is what they thought he was. A point guard. I don't think he needs a team of pro bowlers, but he does need NFL average everywhere to be successful. 

I will say he's a lot more elusive than I thought he was. I think his ceiling is a high end game manager. 

Every QB needs something they can depend on.. You can’t be bad at Oline, Surrendering cast of play makers and bad Play caller and think your QB will be good..

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yep.

I'm not in the crowd wanting a QB at 33, or even 64, but given what we saw this year with a bad product on the offense (coaching, OL, WR, & QB), he'll need to show some apparent improvement under a new regime that can prove the negatives we saw this season are due to things out of his control.

I'm talking pocket awareness, throws on out routes, pre-snap calls, accuracy, footwork, ball-control when tackled.  If not, it's just not going to work out (at least for him in the QC) 

You usually know by that 1.5 year mark.  But failing an eye test at this degree should sound alarms.  

• Beer 1

Will he ever be an MVP Or good enough to carry a team by himself. Not at all. But I still haven’t given up that he can be an above average QB. Now is that what you want out of the guy you traded up to? Absolutely not. But already walking away from I wouldn’t do that yet. This was the least talented team in the NFL and that’s on Fitterer more than Bryce as far as our sucking goes.

7 minutes ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Tlaw used his legs more, and a lot of his int’s were deep throws. Not good by any means, but how their offense moved was night and day to this year’s panthers. Bryce would have had 3-4 more picks if he could throw a hail mary

You keep making up excuses to go against what your orginal statement was.. 

Again him using his legs didn’t change the fact he had a lower QB rating and a bad rookie season just like BY..  

You keep moving the goalposts..

5 minutes ago, recceice said:

You keep making up excuses to go against what your orginal statement was.. 

Again him using his legs didn’t change the fact he had a lower QB rating and a bad rookie season just like BY..  

You keep moving the goalposts..

My original statement was he is the worst Qb in the modern era. Not the worst stats although he is up there if not in the pole position. You aren’t going to throw 17 ints with <10 air yards. Common sense. Wins, production, stats all factor in.

Edited by Ghostofdelhomme