• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Panthers cleaning house how safe is Bryce

1 minute ago, Frank9999 said:

I mean i think its you who might be dumb. This type of stuff happens often, qb drafted high, old regime fired, new regime comes in and doesnt like prior qb, and benches him. 

How many times does it happen?? Every 1 you name I can name 3 where it didn’t especially after 1 season…

1. Fields, Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold all kept after a regime change..

Your turn..

He gets 2024. He's the clear and undisputed starter next year. The "trade for Fields" or "draft Penix" discussions are hilarious for multiple reasons. Mainly because they aren't happening.

Commit this offseason to shoring up the offensive line and primarily adding weapons. I actually think the line could be somewhat fixed relatively easily. We were without our guards almost all season. Get them back next year. Ideally we find another LT and can kick Ekwonu inside but we'll see. 

It is true our receiver room has no speed or even talent. That has to be addressed and priority #1 this offseason. We need quick winners who can generate separation. Maybe Hollywood Brown could sign here with enough money. Someone like that would help.

If Bryce isn't showing real improvement next year the new HC/GM are perfectly justified if they want to start looking for other options as early as 2025. You can usually tell after 2 years.

10 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

He gets 2024. He's the clear and undisputed starter next year. The "trade for Fields" or "draft Penix" discussions are hilarious for multiple reasons. Mainly because they aren't happening.

Commit this offseason to shoring up the offensive line and primarily adding weapons. I actually think the line could be somewhat fixed relatively easily. We were without our guards almost all season. Get them back next year. Ideally we find another LT and can kick Ekwonu inside but we'll see. 

It is true our receiver room has no speed or even talent. That has to be addressed and priority #1 this offseason. We need quick winners who can generate separation. Maybe Hollywood Brown could sign here with enough money. Someone like that would help.

If Bryce isn't showing real improvement next year the new HC/GM are perfectly justified if they want to start looking for other options as early as 2025. You can usually tell after 2 years.

After his play this year they have to bring in competition. It doesn't have to be a pick or a trade or an expensive FA, all sound like terrible choices to me at this point. Just someone that can play at NFL backup level. If Young can't beat that out then he shouldn't be starting. What was spent on him is gone along with 2 key people that brought him in so that doesn't matter. Either they can get better play out of him in 24 or he is toast. They already forced him to play most of a season with little improvement so playing time isn't the issue.

Fix the team for sure either way. The lines, WRs and TEs need to happen regardless. As for Bryce if he can't do better in training camp he shouldn't be starting going forward. Sign a backup QB and let them compete.

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, Waldo said:

After his play this year they have to bring in competition. It doesn't have to be a pick or a trade or an expensive FA, all sound like terrible choices to me at this point. Just someone that can play at NFL backup level. If Young can't beat that out then he shouldn't be starting. What was spent on him is gone along with 2 key people that brought him in so that doesn't matter. Either they can get better play out of him in 24 or he is toast. They already forced him to play most of a season with little improvement so playing time isn't the issue.

Fix the team for sure either way. The lines, WRs and TEs need to happen regardless. As for Bryce if he can't do better in training camp he shouldn't be starting going forward. Sign a backup QB and let them compete.

Some of you are going to be so disappointed…smh

If the coach and gm aren't on board with Young they won't be hired unfortunately.  He's going to be the starter next year.  Biggest fear is he slightly improves. Then we're picking 6-10 next year.  Then he slightly improves again and we're picking 14-16. I think that's about his ceiling but then we stick with him again thinking he'll take the next step and will waste 4 years on a guy that's never going to win a super bowl. In am ideal world he's just as bad next year and we can pick #1 in the 2025 draft

• Flames 3

6 minutes ago, recceice said:

We already were when Young was drafted. 

Nothing I said was wrong or delusional. Anyone that would just roll into next year with only Young after this year deserves to be one and done in their jobs. If Young can't beat out a backup he shouldn't be starting. It really doesn't get any simpler than that. 

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, recceice said:

It won’t change in the next year and a half buckle up..

Not to get into another pissing match about this but most agree that Bryce gets next year.  You can argue what constitutes progress and I suspect that will be next years talking point but you have to wonder how potential gms and coachs are going to be fully on board and what assurances they are going to have about moving on.  I think without a shadow of a doubt its going to hinder the search for both if Young is shoved down their throat come hell or high water.

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, recceice said:

The Oline will be more of a reason coaches won’t come here then BY..

Having to rebuild the weapons around him will be a bigger reason ppl might say no then BY..

Ppl need to just prepare themselves for this reality..

See? They already have their excuses ready for as long as the bust is here. That way they're "never wrong" lol.

44 minutes ago, recceice said:

How many times does it happen?? Every 1 you name I can name 3 where it didn’t especially after 1 season…

1. Fields, Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold all kept after a regime change..

Your turn..

I think generally, the standard is the inherited QB plays year 1....THEN they move on.  So I think the odds favor Bryce starts off 2024 and the odds are high he doesn't start 2025.    That's how QB overall plays out more times than not with a new regime. 

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, recceice said:

His post was one of the most reasonable I have seen. He is not asking for immediate replacement but some competition and if Bryce still can't improve after next season then replacement. I feel like that should be the plan moving forward. How many years do you think they will bring Bryce out if he keeps struggling and they have fixed the O-Line and decent receivers who give a crap and can get separation? I hope they wouldnt go further than a couple years but who knows I guess.

4 minutes ago, toldozer said:

If the coach and gm aren't on board with Young they won't be hired unfortunately.  He's going to be the starter next year.  Biggest fear is he slightly improves. Then we're picking 6-10 next year.  Then he slightly improves again and we're picking 14-16. I think that's about his ceiling but then we stick with him again thinking he'll take the next step and will waste 4 years on a guy that's never going to win a super bowl. In am ideal world he's just as bad next year and we can pick #1 in the 2025 draft

depends on the definition of onboard.  Willing to try to salvage him? Sure, that is a requirement.  But you want a coach that will move on if needed because it very well might be needed and quick.  Bryce easily could need to go to the bench and develop.  Work on his size, arm strength, and figuring out to to adapt to the NFL given his tools 

• Pie 1

Just now, CRA said:

depends on the definition of onboard.  Willing to try to salvage him? Sure, that is a requirement.  But you want a coach that will move on if needed because it very well might be needed and quick.  Bryce easily could need to go to the bench and develop.  Work on his size, arm strength, and figuring out to to adapt to the NFL given his tools 

Just about every media member has said the next coach has to be hired as a head coach and not as someone who can "fix" bryce.  We shall see how this plays out going forward

• Pie 1