• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Panthers cleaning house how safe is Bryce

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

If he improves its better for all involved. If he doesn't its only temporary pain. He will not be the starter in 2025. It's that simple. 

Agreed.. The biggest Hope right now Is BY improving..

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

You know what else doesn't happen? The Panthers getting an elite Oline and a good WR corps. You're going to be defending Young daily until he's off the team. At least you're dedicated.

I’ll settle for avg. 

If we can get avg. That is a starting point in seeing what we have in BY.. 

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Being purposable obtuse is a strange look for him.  But he always seems to pop up to defend bryce

I think it's a schtick but it might be mental illness so I am just leaving that alone. I get wanting Young to succeed but going to his draft or school history to prop him up with his NFL film is just laughable. It feels like punching down so I'm out. 

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

After his play this year they have to bring in competition. It doesn't have to be a pick or a trade or an expensive FA, all sound like terrible choices to me at this point. Just someone that can play at NFL backup level. If Young can't beat that out then he shouldn't be starting. What was spent on him is gone along with 2 key people that brought him in so that doesn't matter. Either they can get better play out of him in 24 or he is toast. They already forced him to play most of a season with little improvement so playing time isn't the issue.

Fix the team for sure either way. The lines, WRs and TEs need to happen regardless. As for Bryce if he can't do better in training camp he shouldn't be starting going forward. Sign a backup QB and let them compete.

No you don’t. If he’s going to fail I’d rather him fail epically so ideally we’re back at the top of the draft next year and can draft whoever the best QB is in that draft. I don’t see how bringing in a Garoppolo type to take us from a 3 win team to a 5 win team solves anything besides hurting draft positioning 

5 minutes ago, recceice said:

Agreed.. The biggest Hope right now Is BY improving..

It's the best case scenario for both Bryce and the Panthers. Everything else has gone wrong, and I do mean everything. You couldn't have predicted a complete worse case scenario than what happened to this team this season.  Everything that could go wrong did go wrong.  That just doesn't happen without complete incompetent management. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So you admit Young played below average but you still think he isn't a problem.  Interesting logic

I’m sorry I’ll clarify.. I will settle for Avg. Oline play, weapons and coaching.. So we can get a true look into what BY can be.. I don’t know what you didn’t get from my original post..

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's the best case scenario for both Bryce and the Panthers. Everything else has gone wrong, and I do mean everything. You couldn't have predicted a complete worse case scenario than what happened to this team this season.  Everything that could go wrong did go wrong.  That just doesn't happen without complete incompetent management. 

Totally agree..

Fans have buyers remorse because he looked bad and this was one of the worst seasons by a team in the 21st century.  That I get.  Fact is, the next coach & GM has Bryce on the roster. He's here for 2024.  

Combined with this past season's film, the new staff will have an entire offseason, preseason, and probably 8-10 games before they know what they have with Bryce.  That's what we're working with here.  We'll find out a lot of things this next season and where the future lies. 

It's absolutely unrealistic to expect us to trade for Fields.  It's also unrealistic to expect a QB at 33 or even maybe 65.  Have we not learned about forcing QBs without building a team?  We're not immediately getting rid or somehow trading Bryce, and we're not drafting a QB high.  It's just not happening.

HOWEVER, don't forget the new GM will be coming from another team's scouting dept., with their own perspective on Bryce through another lens.   Therefore, it's also unrealistic to expect us to force a new regime to trot out Bryce without getting a sound QB room that suits their standards around him.  He regressed throughout the season sans 1 half game performance against GB.  

It should not deter them from bringing Dalton back or signing a new vet.  It should also not deter them from taking a mid-round chance on a Cameron Ward type as backup who could get thrust into games.  A scenario like that is what we're dealing with if any.

• Pie 3

20 minutes ago, recceice said:

Which he will be doing again next year..

We don't know that.  Because don't know who our HC is.  What our scheme will be.  We don't know what our offense will be.   

Bryce Young 100% will need a good QB room.   It's a given he inherits Young.  It's not a given he will want the rest of the room to be the same.  And a new HC likely will want insurance.  And he has a brand new offense to install.   

Bryce Young can get worse.  Sophomore years are often tough on QBs.  Because the league has a full offseason to study your tape and all your issues.  A worse Bryce Young is going to prevent a functioning O from getting jump started here. 

• Beer 2

Just now, FuFuLamePoo said:

No you don’t. If he’s going to fail I’d rather him fail epically so ideally we’re back at the top of the draft next year and can draft whoever the best QB is in that draft. I don’t see how bringing in a Garoppolo type to take us from a 3 win team to a 5 win team solves anything besides hurting draft positioning 

I think you could have done that with Fritters and Reich still here but not a new crew. That will not end up with good hires in that scenario. I was thinking of another Dalton or prove it guy type backup, nothing expensive like Jimmy G has been(then again Jimmy G in 23 is about right play wise). I don't think you can do that to a new staff and think you end up with anyone good that will be tied to having to play Young another 16 or 17 games. 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

We don't know that.  Because don't know who our HC is.  What our scheme will be.  We don't know what our offense will be.   

Bryce Young 100% will need a good QB room.   It's a given he inherits Young.  It's not a given he will want the rest of the room to be the same.  And a new HC likely will want insurance.  And he has a brand new offense to install.   

Bryce Young can get worse.  Sophomore years are often tough on QBs.  Because the league has a full offseason to study your tape and all your issues.  A worse Bryce Young is going to prevent a functioning O from getting jump started here. 

We do know the owner right?? 
The person doing the hiring right??