• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Panthers cleaning house how safe is Bryce

Is Young part of the problem because he played terribly as a rookie and did not live up to the hype. Yes. 

Is it hard to cast total judgment on him as a bust given that the entire offense is ass.  Yes.  

Again, it doesn't help that Stroud broke some rookie records and looks like an all pro.  It hurts me to say that I was totally right during the draft process that he should have been our first choice. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I think you could have done that with Fritters and Reich still here but not a new crew. That will not end up with good hires in that scenario. I was thinking of another Dalton or prove it guy type backup, nothing expensive like Jimmy G has been(then again Jimmy G in 23 is about right play wise). I don't think you can do that to a new staff and think you end up with anyone good that will be tied to having to play Young another 16 or 17 games. 

I think the consensus is this new, fresh regime is getting 2-3 years to start getting this headed in the right direction. No one expects us to be good next year not even Tepper. It’s foolish to play a different QB

Just now, NAS said:

Is Young part of the problem because he played terribly as a rookie and did not live up to the hype. Yes. 

Is it hard to cast total judgment on him as a bust given that the entire offense is ass.  Yes.  

Again, it doesn't help that Stroud broke some rookie records and looks like an all pro.  It hurts me to say that I was totally right during the draft process that he should have been our first choice. 

This both can be true.. I wanted CJ as well.. And I’m a UM fan Goooo big Blue!! But I can also admit I didn’t have BY far off from CJ.. I preferred CJ but had no problems with BY.. 
BY didn’t live up to expectations true.. But neither did the offense and the coaching.. And I expected more from them then the rookie..

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, recceice said:

This both can be true.. I wanted CJ as well.. And I’m a UM fan Goooo big Blue!! But I can also admit I didn’t have BY far off from CJ.. I preferred CJ but had no problems with BY.. 
BY didn’t live up to expectations true.. But neither did the offense and the coaching.. And I expected more from them then the rookie..

It was a perfect storm of suck which none of us anticipated

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, recceice said:

We do know the owner right?? 
The person doing the hiring right??

David Tepper doesn't know who he is going to be able to hire right now.   David Tepper doesn't know what O we are going to be running next year.  And David Tepper isn't the dude dictating and filling out the full man roster for the next coach or any coach he has had. 

and there is no consistent vision Tepper implements and has.  His hires and fires have shown that.  So we got no clue what he is looking to do next.  Rhule was a 180 from Ron.  And Frank was a 180 from Rhule.  

Next coach most likely isn't just going to keep the old QB room the same from a 2 win team.....  He is going to be installing a brand new O.   New culture.  New wants.  New direction.   And he is going to need options for if Bryce Young gets worse, gets hurt, to help Bryce, install his O.  

New HC likely will want a QB on this roster that has run what he plans to run.  Knows his system.  Knows his offense.   We don't know Dalton is going to check the boxes a new HC has for his QB room. 

and just personally, I wouldn't want the same people around Bryce Young on any level coming off this year.   If our QB room is just Bryce Young and Andy Dalton again, that seems like a bad plan/vision.   

9 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I think the consensus is this new, fresh regime is getting 2-3 years to start getting this headed in the right direction. No one expects us to be good next year not even Tepper. It’s foolish to play a different QB

Don't try to win is a bad message for the new crew. I get Young getting a shot but if that is the game plan they may not make it to year 2 either. 

1 minute ago, NAS said:

It was a perfect storm of suck which none of us anticipated

I've never seen one team get so much wrong in one offseason. I do not think anyone saw everything going so catastrophically wrong for this team the way it did. I know I didn't.  I knew we weren't winning much but I never saw it being as bad as it was. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

if Bryce is worse in 2024....how many games you think a new HC should stick with him? all 17? 

It's not a given we can be a joke and he still gets 2-3 years. 

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I've never seen one team get so much wrong in one offseason. I do not think anyone saw everything going so catastrophically wrong for this team the way it did. I know I didn't.  I knew we weren't winning much but I never saw it being as bad as it was. 

I literally said this on my podcast when we were 0-5.. 

I will admit as well.. I’ve never been this wrong about football.. I saw all the reasoning for the moves.. I didn’t disagree with a lot they did this offseason and never saw it going this bad.. 

This season was literally the worst case scenario..

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Don't try to win is a bad message for the new crew. I get Young getting a shot but if that is the game plan they may not make it to year 2 either. 

I don't  think the message is to not try to win.  I think it's acknowledging that it is an uphill battle from the start. It's not saying playoffs or bust. It's says let's see what they are made of and who is part of the plans going forward. If you base it on last seasons results that means only a handful of players. Of course there will need to be a lot more of those types to include.  But it's hard to say if there's any being overlooked because everything was complete ass with this team. There's not enough talent here or that can be added in one offseason to expect a winning season. This team is just not good enough to seriously compete. But the team will never admit that in public. It's just a given that will go unstated or unacknowledged by the team. As fans you should know this also. If not you will be severely disappointed. 

Edited by Jon Snow

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

if Bryce is worse in 2024....how many games you think a new HC should stick with him? all 17? 

It's not a given we can be a joke and he still gets 2-3 years. 

That's the million dollar question.  That decision will probably be decided between Tepper and the new coach.  I'm sure it will be determined before the 1st game is played. When is enough enough? Only Tepper can decide that as he will be watching along with the rest of us.