• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer on the Search Process

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I 100% believe this.

I also don't believe the "incredibly smart" part for Tepper. I have heard the dude talk. 

He is smart within his area of expertise, running a hedge fund.  I think he is now learning (maybe, we hope) that running an NFL team is infinitely harder than running a hedge fund.  Who knew?

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

He is smart within his area of expertise, running a hedge fund.  I think he is now learning (maybe, we hope) that running an NFL team is infinitely harder than running a hedge fund.  Who knew?

That is precisely what I mean. Beijg very adept at your field does not necessarily make you smart. Being smart in your field doesn't mean you are smart outside of it.

The facts are in, Tepper is insanely stupid at being an NFL owner. Can he learn and get smarter? Maybe. I am doubtful.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That is precisely what I mean. Beijg very adept at your field does not necessarily make you smart. Being smart in your field doesn't mean you are smart outside of it.

The facts are in, Tepper is insanely stupid at being an NFL owner. Can he learn and get smarter? Maybe. I am doubtful.

The emphasis on analytics guys among our GM candidates isn't encouraging me 😕

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Tepper isn’t gonna change, just refine his approach slightly. They think the problem is too many cooks. That’s it. 

It’s still about recovering the sunk costs. This is probably like the grieving process, Tepper still in denial. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The emphasis on analytics guys among our GM candidates isn't encouraging me 😕

He's damned and determined to try and renovate in an area that literally doesn't need it.

I firmly believe he thinks he is some sort of visionary.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He's damned and determined to try and renovate in an area that literally doesn't need it.

I firmly believe he thinks he is some sort of visionary.

Hell, he admitted that much after the Rhule disaater (said he thought he was gonna show everybody how it was done) but he also claimed he'd learned his lesson.

(Morgan Freeman Voice: "He had not, in fact, learned a damn thing)

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hell, he admitted that much after the Rhule disaater (said he thought he was gonna show everybody how it was done) but he also claimed he'd learned his lesson.

(Morgan Freeman Voice: "He had not, in fact, learned a damn thing)

I meant innovate, FWIW.

But, yes, he thinks he is far smarter than he is. I've met the type, they rarely learn.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I meant innovate, FWIW.

But, yes, he thinks he is far smarter than he is. I've met the type, they rarely learn.

Pretty much.

Also don't doubt he'd say stuff that was pure bullsh-t if he thought it'd make him look better.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1