• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bills got cute and didn’t get CMC, now that team needs to be blown up

TheBigKat

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, they are Panthers North so I guess the obvious thing to do is nothing and then later look back and belly ache over the moves that could've been made to get us over the hump when we had a window. Getting Josh Allen beat to hell and damaged derailing his career would be the chef's kiss.

We've NEVER been this good outside of 2015, not even 2003. We could only dream of getting bounced a game or two before the SB every year.  I wouldn't know what it's like to have to ponder to get rid of a coach with a winning track record.  Problems of a top-notch organization apparently.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

We've NEVER been this good outside of 2015, not even 2003. We could only dream of getting bounced a game or two before the SB every year.  I wouldn't know what it's like to have to ponder to get rid of a coach with a winning track record.  Problems of a top-notch organization apparently.

The Bills have absolutely done a better job of fielding a consistently good team than we ever did. But they've also failed to put together a season anywhere near as good as our 2015. They've yet to make a legit SB run under the current regime.

I'm not saying they should fire McD. But I'm also saying they should be analyzing everything from top to bottom trying to figure out what can get them over the hump. Lord knows they fully realize what it's like to come up short again and again and again. Do they really want Josh Allen's career to be a repeat of Jim Kelly's?

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Bills have absolutely done a better job of fielding a consistently good team than we ever did. But they've also failed to put together a season anywhere near as good as our 2015. They've yet to make a legit SB run under the current regime.

I'm not saying they should fire McD. But I'm also saying they should be analyzing everything from top to bottom trying to figure out what can get them over the hump. Lord knows they fully realize what it's like to come up short again and again and again. Do they really want Josh Allen's career to be a repeat of Jim Kelly's?

the win streak they went on did a lot to make people sort of forget all the McD drama that was starting to emerge.  

I mean, I think he gets a tad overrated around here.  To me, he is largely just a Ron Rivera type coach.  But paired w/ a better front office.  I do think his coaching often can get in the way of a well built team in the modern NFL.  

but, it's easier to want to do better and get worse than him.  Which is the double edged sword when you finally have a decent coach.  Everyone wants a great one.  And generally you find weak ones when you go hunting. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You really are hung up on "super stars". As if it's just two QBs out there playing one on one.

You are really becoming annoying. My goodness man you don't have to come at me every time I talk about Josh Allen.

I get you are a big fan, but the excuses gets old at some point. This dude gets out on the Mahomes level every year and he's sitting home when it matters most. Every other QB who beats Mahomes doesn't get put on that level.

Tired of the Josh Allen hype. People say he is Cam but Can wasn't getting face of the league hype and he actually made a SB appearance. Allen is simply overrated take it however you will.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

At 27-years old?  I think Allen has time.  He's going to have to to take the Mahomes tact and take a hit in his wallet to keep talent around him though.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

the win streak they went on did a lot to make people sort of forget all the McD drama that was starting to emerge.  

I mean, I think he gets a tad overrated around here.  To me, he is largely just a Ron Rivera type coach.  But paired w/ a better front office.  I do think his coaching often can get in the way of a well built team in the modern NFL.  

but, it's easier to want to do better and get worse than him.  Which is the double edged sword when you finally have a decent coach.  Everyone wants a great one.  And generally you find weak ones when you go hunting. 

Agreed all the way around.

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

At 27-years old?  I think Allen has time.  He's going to have to to take the Mahomes tact and take a hit in his wallet to keep talent around him though.

We thought Cam had time too. Injuries can derail anyone, especially with Allen's playing style. Cam was iron man too right up until he wasn't.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You are really becoming annoying. My goodness man you don't have to come at me every time I talk about Josh Allen.

I get you are a big fan, but the excuses gets old at some point. This dude gets out on the Mahomes level every year and he's sitting home when it matters most. Every other QB who beats Mahomes doesn't get put on that level.

Tired of the Josh Allen hype. People say he is Cam but Can wasn't getting face of the league hype and he actually made a SB appearance. Allen is simply overrated take it however you will.

What's annoying is you constantly acting like games are just head to head matchups of superstars because superstars are all you can see. You act like a 13 year old girl with this stuff. Sorry, but that's just the truth.

I'm not even an Allen fan. I think he's fun to watch but that's the end of it. Hell, I thought the guy was gonna be a massive bust. He's one of the least accurate passers I've ever seen in college no exaggeration.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Mahomes ain't out there taking less money to build a better team.   It's why the skill talent around him has gone backwards. 

I think he had the largest cap hit this year in the league.  Next year he accounts for like 25% of the cap. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We thought Cam had time too. Injuries can derail anyone, especially with Allen's playing style. Cam was iron man too right up until he wasn't.

Injuries are part of the game. Even pure pocket passers get injured.  It's not like a QB's SB window is prior to 30.  Yes, it's cool for a young gun to win one early on, but it's not like that happens all the time.  Plenty of QBs have won a ring in the middle-to-end of their careers.

29 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

This is the weakest Chiefs the Bills will ever face and they couldn’t get it done at home

Diggs at 19 million needs to go so does Von Miller

definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting a different result. They’re this decades version of the Philip Rivers Chargers, good but not good enough.

anyone on here that would be ‘happy to be the Bills’ has a loser mentality, nobody is playing for participation trophies, a team that close needs to do whatever it takes to win it all

To be fair, it's the Bills defense that let them down.  They forced one punt all game.  Pathetic