• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dennis Cox & Chris Lea have a point

top dawg

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

I said what I said.  I meant what I said.  I am sure he'll have his own words on his press conference to speak of himself. 

So What Ok GIF by Bounce

Morgan may get a clear pass from some of you just because he's an ex-player and all that, but he ain't getting one from me. 

I'm going to wait to see what evolves, for sure, and hope for the best, but considering the circumstances, anyone that blames someone for skepticism is way off base.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

41 minutes ago, Waldo said:

He took the job after being the assistant GM. That's on him any way you look at it. He is fine with all of that or he wouldn't still be here. And yes it also points to Dan not being very good or Tepper wouldn't want him, use every one of Tepper's hires as an example of this fact.

So Dan should turn down the opportunity just to force Tepper to hire someone else? Forgo the money and a chance to run the team that drafted him?

(not a Dan endorsement, btw)

5 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

So Dan should turn down the opportunity just to force Tepper to hire someone else? Forgo the money and a chance to run the team that drafted him?

(not a Dan endorsement, btw)

Lol. If Dan didn't like how Tepper ran his team he wouldn't have stayed. He signed up for it just like he was on board with building the worst team of 2023. There are all facts.

40 minutes ago, top dawg said:

So What Ok GIF by Bounce

Morgan may get a clear pass from some of you just because he's an ex-player and all that, but he ain't getting one from me. 

I'm going to wait to see what evolves, for sure, and hope for the best, but considering the circumstances, anyone that blames someone for skepticism is way off base.

I'm not giving him a pass.  

He has worked hard to get where he is. He has earned this opportunity.  I'm not sorry that you're not as excited about it as I am. 

Stop throwing poo against the wall just because we don't agree. 

Here is my theory…

David Tepper is a little man mentally.  He literally cannot handle another opinion that doesn’t match his own.  

The problem with this is that he doesn’t know the first thing about football.  Nothing.  He was in the group of people in Pittsburgh that wanted to fire Tomlin.  He is a disease 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

19 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I'm not giving him a pass.  

He has worked hard to get where he is. He has earned this opportunity.  I'm not sorry that you're not as excited about it as I am. 

Stop throwing poo against the wall just because we don't agree. 

Throwing poo against the wall? Morgan was the Assistant GM, under a GM that lauded collaboration (as well as the HC and owner), during the worst era in franchise history. And you have the nerve to tell me that I am throwing poo against the wall. Dude, come on, I know you're not this obtuse. You're the one with the attitude, "just because we don't agree."

• Pie 1

And the fact is, I haven't said that it's a bad hire. I haven't said that Dan hasn't worked hard and all that. What's that got to do with whether or not Morgan is or isn't going to bring something similar to the last few years?

54 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Lol. If Dan didn't like how Tepper ran his team he wouldn't have stayed. He signed up for it just like he was on board with building the worst team of 2023. There are all facts.

Yeah, I watch the team too.  If Dan is a "Yes man" and a sure fire failure, then maybe turning that into a promotion, a pay raise and a chance to run an NFL team, would be a W for Danny-boy?

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Throwing poo against the wall? Morgan was the Assistant GM, under a GM that lauded collaboration (as well as the HC and owner), during the worst era in franchise history. And you have the nerve to tell me that I am throwing poo against the wall. Dude, come on, I know you're not this obtuse. You're the one with the attitude, "just because we don't agree."

Morgan's career isn't defined by Fitts. 

Edited by pantherclaw
  • Beer 1

Just now, L-TownCat said:

Yeah, I watch the team too.  If Dan is a "Yes man" and a sure fire failure, then maybe turning that into a promotion, a pay raise and a chance to run an NFL team, would be a W for Danny-boy?

It's a win for him in his bank account but not necessarily a long term win when you are in your mid 40s and not 60s. Reich doing it was just a large retiement plan. Dan doing it is potentially career suicide.

It's going to be interesting seeing who wants Fritters now. With the changes in Seattle his easiest hope is questionable if it's on the table for him anymore.

14 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It's a win for him in his bank account but not necessarily a long term win when you are in your mid 40s and not 60s. Reich doing it was just a large retiement plan. Dan doing it is potentially career suicide.

It's going to be interesting seeing who wants Fritters now. With the changes in Seattle his easiest hope is questionable if it's on the table for him anymore.

I have no idea if anyone can succeed under Tepper.  GM, Coach doesn't really matter at this point.  Until the Owner sits the fug down every hire is a bad hire.

Fitt's future depends on how much he can blame on Tepper.  If he's able to land another gig, he better have some success or it's over for him.

• Beer 1