• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dennis Cox & Chris Lea have a point

top dawg

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Here is my theory…

David Tepper is a little man mentally.  He literally cannot handle another opinion that doesn’t match his own.  

The problem with this is that he doesn’t know the first thing about football.  Nothing.  He was in the group of people in Pittsburgh that wanted to fire Tomlin.  He is a disease 

This all the way.

He was just looking for someone that agrees with his vision. That's all, and that guy was Morgan.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Fans and media alike think they deserve more answers than they do and also read way too much into the generic answers we get.

Well, I'm of the opinion that fans do deserve answers because we're the ones supporting the teams. If a GM can't answer---however generic--how he'll be different than a failed GM, then fans have a right to voice criticism.

31 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Well, I'm of the opinion that fans do deserve answers because we're the ones supporting the teams. If a GM can't answer---however generic--how he'll be different than a failed GM, then fans have a right to voice criticism.

Because it doesnt really matter what they say.   It matters what they do.  What good does asking him how hes different than the previous failures actually do?  If he gives a perfect answer or a horrible answer none of that really matters.  What matters is he knows what the failures of the past are and hes learned from them.  I dont expect them to open up into some deep philosophical answer.  Actions, not words.  If he answers the question perfectly with some totally understandable excuse of why things went badly that everyone understands and feels compassion towards, but then does a terrible job in the future, how much does that question about the past actually matter?

• Beer 1

23 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Why are we making this harder than it is?  With Tepper in the building can you really evaluate the people he hires?  He just overrules their decisions with his own, unless they do what he was already planning to do.  Does that mean Dan will be good or bad?  Who knows? But how can you blame him?  We have no idea what decisions he’ll actually be allowed to make.

I’m fine being optimistic because it’s hard to see the point in letting sports entertainment make you too miserable. It’s just internal vs external.

How can we justify keeping anyone from the front office that was building the team?

Just feels like we picked someone with no potential. 

2 hours ago, Donald LaFell said:

I’m fine being optimistic because it’s hard to see the point in letting sports entertainment make you too miserable. It’s just internal vs external.

How can we justify keeping anyone from the front office that was building the team?

Just feels like we picked someone with no potential. 

I won’t argue the optics of hiring a person involved with the worst FO in franchise history.

I just don’t understand getting upset at Dan for accepting the job offer.

IMO Tepper could hire the resurrected corpses of Vince Lombardi, Tom Landry and Chuck Knoll and they’d still fail b/c Tepper is cancer.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

I won’t argue the optics of hiring a person involved with the worst FO in franchise history.

I just don’t understand getting upset at Dan for accepting the job offer.

IMO Tepper could hire the resurrected corpses of Vince Lombardi, Tom Landry and Chuck Knoll and they’d still fail b/c Tepper is cancer.

Definitely happy for Morgan. It’d be great if it works out.