• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam wants to play for the Falcons?

On 1/23/2024 at 8:31 AM, PanthersATL said:

Cam has seven, count them, 7 kids in Atlanta plus his parents live there 

can’t blame him as he is involved in their lives apparently 

love cam but his time is done in the league   In any case 

…besides, do you really think he wants part 2 of David Tepper 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I've not once discredited Cam's talent. Not once. Guys annoyed with me need to figure that one out.

But it's time to move on and stop living in the past. He can't do anything for ATL or us now. Again ... it's been almost 10 years since his MVP. Love the man all you want, be fond of the feels he gave you, but it's over. At some point you have to admit that to yourself. But hey, Brady made it to what ... 44? So you have lots of years of me responding to your Cam posts left.

Brooklyn you live on a beach my guy. You could simply help yourself out and not click on any Cam threads.

I get it we all are annoyed by certain players. But when that certain player played for the Panthers and is the only MVP in franchise history he's going to be talked about regardless of what you think.

Cam was a big personality people feel differently about him than most other players. You have to accept the fact that Cam is just popular within the fanbase.

Just don't click on the Cam threads bro.

• Beer 1

57 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Cam has seven, count them, 7 kids in Atlanta plus his parents live there 

can’t blame him as he is involved in their lives apparently 

love cam but his time is done in the league   In any case 

…besides, do you really think he wants part 2 of David Tepper 

Yes to all this. 

He called out Tepper and the “culture” of the new panthers when a lot of us were starting to question things around the team. 

Cam does very well for himself, and like you said, he’s a family man and got a gang of kids. It makes sense why he would want to stay in Atlanta. 

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

@Ball4lifeI don't get it? What did I say so wrong? Are you on Rudders nuts and love him or something? Man that guy is terrible. Sorry but it's true.

kurt angle wrestling GIF by WWE

They’re both terrible, Cam isn’t a thousand times better than anyone. 

Edited by Ball4life
  • Poo 1

5 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Guys are annoyed with you, and you and a few other posters are clearly annoyed with Cam. It is what it is. Just like folks could ignore you(cause it’s quite clear you can’t help but go into any Cam thread), you could ignore Cam threads. 

Anyways, why would this not be a point of discussion on a Panthers message board? Cam is a former member of the Panthers. A very popular one at that. If he goes on any sports show, podcast, etc and mentions the possibility of coming back, it’s going to be discussed here. I don’t see how you don’t understand that. I don’t see how you, and others do not get that Cam is the Panthers most popular player. He is going to get discussed now and forever. 

Of course you CAN discuss a Cam comeback ... but it's pointless. That's all I'm saying. It's a waste of time. But feel free to keep on doing it for years and years.

• Poo 1

4 hours ago, Ball4life said:

They’re both terrible, Cam isn’t a thousand times better than anyone. 

He's a thousand times better than Ridder since Ridder is a thousand times worse than everyone else. You must have not gotten the memo old man Blank sent out pertaining to that.

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

On 1/23/2024 at 6:20 PM, ComebackCam said:

Look at Rating first two games back. After that is trash because of the horrendous line. PFF hadn't saw an offensive line performance as bad as Carolina in Miami.

zzzzz.jpg

He threw one wounded duck after another.  

For 7-8 years, Cam was one of the best in the league.  No doubt of that.  But his arm was done.  Not sure if it was the wear and tear, or the hit against (I think it was San Diego), but that is why no team has signed him.  NFL teams want to win, they don't care about big personality.  If they thought he could win, they would make him an offer.

Cam's last good season was like 6 years ago.  Most NFL careers are not that long.  If people say Cam is done it is because he is.  If he had anything left, he'd be in a huddle and not a cigar bar.  Blame Rivera, not the realists.  I hate it for him, but his throwing accuracy was never that great, but his arm was strong.  After his injury, I noticed a change in his delivery, as if he was having to find power in his lower body, and that hurt his accuracy.

On 1/23/2024 at 1:33 PM, Jon Snow said:

That's not what he said.  He said that "if" he were to play again it would be for the Falcons. He's not looking to play again. I watched the entire segment. 

Yep,, good catch.  It sounds to me that Cam is not considering a return.  He is just speculating.  

Cam is probably concerned about the direction, Tepper is taking the team.   Tepper needs to repair his reputation.  I just hope he is wise enough to realize this.

Tepper’s reputation is hurting the Panthers ability to get a good coach.  (All the good coaches are being hired by other teams.). 

Tepper’s reputation is hurting the Panthers ability to get good players.  (All the good Players are being hired by other teams.). 

I am curious to know what Cam Newton thinks about Mechan.  Ah ,, Tepper.

• Beer 1