• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales Hire Temperature Gauge

How do you feel about the Canales Hire?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Canales Hire?

• Love it!
    • Hate it!
    • Indifferent

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

I don't think we're on the same wavelength here. People weren't simply patient with Fitterer some practically worshipped him and that was from the beginning. It was Dave Gettleman all over again. Turns out he was actually worse.

Morgan I'm unsure about in this. He is going to be the X factor that determines Canales future here. He has been involved in some sketchy decisions and all we're left with is to wonder how much he liked or didn't like but had no control over. If we continue to draft the way we have then Canales or anyone else would be doomed.

Anywho you can be pessimistic and still give the new head coach a singular season.

If someone chooses the bitter route I don't blame them. But at least be upfront about it.

Thanks for the chat.

I didn't see any such worship, so I'd imagine that you're being hyperbolic. Having varying amounts of patience before you lose it is not akin to worship. 

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Rhule wasn't winning regardless.  Reich would be the one where it got bad, but he was his own demise.  Forcing terrible schemes with the wrong players and refusing to adapt.  Both coaches were clearly not the right hires.  

The scheme was Brown, but it's fair to blame Reich for allowing it to continue.

My big question with Frank will always be how different might it have been had he been allowed full freedom to choose his own staff rather than being nudged toward hiring the "All-Star" group that we did.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

My big question with Frank will always be how different might it have been had he been allowed full freedom to choose his own staff rather than being nudged toward hiring the "All-Star" group that we did.

This along with if he had been able to pick the QB he wanted…..Stroud. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

See Ya Goodbye GIF by NailedIt

He's probably trying to put that on me 😄

Funny thing is, the only grade I ever gave Fitterer was an incomplete, that owing to the fact that he had to deal with Matt Rhule and then had to overcome changes in coaching and scheme.

Again though, once the "Hunger Games" story came out, there was just no way to keep him.

For the record, my favorite choices during that hiring cycle were Jeff Ireland first, then Adam Peters when we got to the second cycle. I was good with Fitterer but he wasn't my first choice.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I remember reading the reason we hired Reich is because he already had his staff all planned out. I think that was Reich’s “All-Star Staff” as much as anyone else’s. Reich just wasn’t the guy. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's probably trying to put that on me 😄

We've all seen the posts I mean you have over 100 thousand of them lol.

If you want to revise history that's your prerogative.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I remember reading the reason we hired Reich is because he already had his staff all planned out. I think that was Reich’s “All-Star Staff” as much as anyone else’s. Reich just wasn’t the guy. 

There were changes made. Brown was one. Reich had no experience or connection with him at all.

Tepper saw what the Giants did, and also saw what Rhule did by hiring all his buddies, and overcorrected.