• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Room Overhaul

ncfan

I definitely see us keeping AT and Mingo. 

Mingo just needs some coaching and learn to play to the whistle...keep running until you get open or hear the whistle.  He would run his route and then looked lost as hell when the play broke down, I wonder if he's ever been taught to "come back to the ball?"

We'd all like an Evans or Higgins, but I just don't see it.  I also don't see Pickens, Metcalf, Pittman, or Jameson Williams available.  Both Pickens and Williams are on cheap deals, why would those teams trade for anything we have?

I think our pick in the 2nd round needs to be Best Available Receiver.

We also can't forget we need at least 1 TE that can provide a threat in the passing game.  We've been rolling with below average TEs for about 4 years now.  Tremble is OK and I am fine with him as primarily a blocking TE with some receiving potential, but that group needs help too.

2 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

I definitely see us keeping AT and Mingo. 

Mingo just needs some coaching and learn to play to the whistle...keep running until you get open or hear the whistle.  He would run his route and then looked lost as hell when the play broke down, I wonder if he's ever been taught to "come back to the ball?"

We'd all like an Evans or Higgins, but I just don't see it.  I also don't see Pickens, Metcalf, Pittman, or Jameson Williams available.  Both Pickens and Williams are on cheap deals, why would those teams trade for anything we have?

I think our pick in the 2nd round needs to be Best Available Receiver.

We also can't forget we need at least 1 TE that can provide a threat in the passing game.  We've been rolling with below average TEs for about 4 years now.  Tremble is OK and I am fine with him as primarily a blocking TE with some receiving potential, but that group needs help too.

Mingo is an even bigger bust than TMJ. There is no amount of coaching that is going to fix him. 

The best thing for us is to bury him on the bench by signing and drafting much better players. NFL caliber players.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Ricky Pearsall 130 targets & 35 rush, Adam Thielen 130 targets, Frank Gore Jr 70 targets, 250 rush & 35 pass, Brenden Rice 70 targets, Bryson Nesbit 50 targets, Luke McCaffrey 50 targets, 65 rush & 50 pass. Bryce Young 60 rush & 480 pass

Have fun with those weapons. 3 QBs, 6 efficient receiving options who can run the route trees with great body control/agility/strength, 4 running threats & 4 players with pro pedigree who grew up around the game all on the field at the same time. That'll stretch a defense. Thank me later!

Edited by CPantherKing

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Mingo is an even bigger bust than TMJ. There is no amount of coaching that is going to fix him. 

The best thing for us is to bury him on the bench by signing and drafting much better players. NFL caliber players.

You think so?  I mean that's a pretty big bust, may be willing to agree with you after watching him one more season.

1 hour ago, Rocky Davis said:

You think so?  I mean that's a pretty big bust, may be willing to agree with you after watching him one more season.

I look at absolutely nothing he does and see anything other than backup level player. He has zero elite attributes.

Frankly, he has more subpar attributes than above average ones.

On 1/25/2024 at 1:57 PM, trucpfan said:

no way should we let go of Adam T

He's said he doesn't want to stay and wants to chase a ring. Let him go if the team can get a decent pick or two out of a trade. It's better to get something for him rather than him being a distraction and locker room issue the new coach doesn't need.

• Pie 2

Honestly I can't see us signing any of the big names WRs.

If the goal is to fix Bryce you have to bring in elite playmakers. We kind of stuck because we aren't an attractive FA destination and we have a lot of holes to fill on offense.

Can we get creative and trade for one of the Philly WR's?

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

What? How could one even come to this conclusion? 

51 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Honestly I can't see us signing any of the big names WRs.

If the goal is to fix Bryce you have to bring in elite playmakers. We kind of stuck because we aren't an attractive FA destination and we have a lot of holes to fill on offense.

Can we get creative and trade for one of the Philly WR's?

I hope we are just banned from trading for players for the next 3-4 seasons.

Build through the draft. All that trading BS was mostly us pretending we were actually close to being good.

If anything, we should be trading players away for draft picks.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I hope we are just banned from trading for players for the next 3-4 seasons.

Build through the draft. All that trading BS was mostly us pretending we were actually close to being good.

If anything, we should be trading players away for draft picks.

We sucked at drafting players as well.

What we have 1 star on the entire roster. We traded all our stars away for nothing.

Tepper really Fugged this franchise up.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We sucked at drafting players as well.

What we have 1 star on the entire roster. We traded all our stars away for nothing.

Tepper really Fugged this franchise up.

I would say two stars(Brown and Luvu).

We do have some very solid players here and there. 

Agreed, though, this is one of the least talented rosters we have ever fielded. The recent drafting history is largely to blame for that