• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The More I Hear, The More I like Dave Canales

chknwing

16 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

Listen to Bucs media and players and you’ll feel pretty good about the hire. Canales has some elite traits in communication, motivation, and attention to detail according to them. 

This is it right here.   People can point to the TB offense stats being average.  Or that he had weapons so it was easier, etc.

His first job is to LEAD the entire football team.  Give direction for the staff and whole organization.  He oozes charisma when he talks in these videos.  He is personable.    The players are going to love this type of coach.  Think a younger Pete Carroll (who he learned under for ~10 years)

AND then you look at the history he has had with developing QBs and some of his schemes.  

I think he can be a really good coach.   Staff hires are obviously critical. And more talent.  But I'm excited.

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, The Huddler said:

10x better than being a doom and gloom loser with no life that should probably just go find another hobby

not you just general terms

Momma didnt rise no bitch, i dont see how people non-stop cry. Its a popular thing to do on SM, sad times. But this is a fan message board and even though the panther have made it very hard to cheer, im not going to be one of those doomers. 

I still remember your epic preseason post, i hope you follow that up this coming year!

20 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

If he can pull 6 wins next season out of what he's been handed he should get a statue outside the stadium. 

I'd call 6 wins a good first year. 

Hopefully the team's media arm can also set reasonable expectations when they start writing their fluff articles this Spring/Summer. They don't do themselves any favors when they put out articles and tweets talking about "competing for the division".

Edited by Evil Hurney