• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official: Panthers hire Canales

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

And we thought having a rich owner was a good thing. He can just throw money at whoever he decides to gamble on and if he doesn't like what they're doing he'll can them.  Also doesn't sound like he's taking a back seat at all lol. "Something of a buffer"

Logan had Karl and Frank to buffer with Kendall and Roman.

Just have to get our Karl

david-rasche.jpg?fit=990,557&ssl=1

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, jb2288 said:

Ultimately all HC and GMs report to the owner, so this isn't like a weird only Panthers thing. If there are 2 legit people (Dan and whoever this other new hire) between Tepp and Canales, I'd be pretty content with that. 

Yeah, Atlanta just announced Morris and the GM will each report directly to Blank. In Philly, Roseman and Sirianni each report directly to Lurie. Same for SF where Shanahan and Lynch report directly to York. This isn't anything new.

• Pie 4

10 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

And we thought having a rich owner was a good thing. He can just throw money at whoever he decides to gamble on and if he doesn't like what they're doing he'll can them.  Also doesn't sound like he's taking a back seat at all lol. "Something of a buffer"

Atlanta just announced they are doing the same thing.

I’m of the belief that this is just looking into the wording too much and that the coach and GM are both on the same field when it’s comes to hierarchy. 

Edited by Panthercougar68

10 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I mean I have a long deal…what does that mean Joe?

33 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

6 years? Great so another 3-4 years of torture if he turns out to be ass.

I mean you should probably expect at least a year of trash next season. It's possible for a special one-year type turnaround a la Houston this season or McVay's first season in LA, but not likely. Remember, the 49ers handed Shanahan a six-year deal and he went 6-10 and 4-12 his first two seasons. He's 54-29 since with only one losing season.

4 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Yeah, Atlanta just announced Morris and the GM will each report directly to Blank. In Philly, Roseman and Sirianni each report directly to Lurie. Same for SF where Shanahan and Lynch report directly to York. This isn't anything new.

I guess not, it's just that it's Tepper so I was really hoping for the "buffer" to come before the in house GM and Bryce HC hirings