• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doubling down on Young. I don't like it. We NEED Young insurance.

top dawg

6 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

The same skill set that was talked about non stop during the draft process.  It's hard to tell how sweet the chocolate is if it's covered in poo.

I fully admit Bryce could be a bust but he could also be a franchise QB.  I loved the flashes I saw last year.

We literally has Baker the year before last and he was awful.  Then he hooked up with Canales and looked like a starting QB in the NFL.  We hired that same guy so I'm excited about what he can do with Bryce.

What poo are you talking about? You do understand that Bryce is the primary reason why the rest of our offense had underperformed, don't you?

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, 0kBoomer said:

Because people understand situations and surrounding talent/coaching matter. 

because people realize you can’t accurately judge a rookie by this poo.

how do people watch how god awful the panthers were from top to bottom and think taking a QB at 33 is the smart thing to do? 

You can judge the physical traits. 

3 minutes ago, GhostOfDocAnderson said:

What poo are you talking about? You do understand that Bryce is the primary reason why the rest of our offense had underperformed, don't you?

I do not agree with that assessment at all.  Bryce has his share of problems with foot work, confidence, ball placement, holding the ball too long as well as other areas.

Our primary reasons for sucking last year in order are:

Guards and Icky. Nine different guards started. Icky gave up double digit sacks.

Coaching - Franks system, playcalling and too many chefs.

WR - No one on one play makers that could get open based on individual skill set.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

I do not agree with that assessment at all.  Bryce has his share of problems with foot work, confidence, ball placement, holding the ball too long as well as other areas.

Guards and Icky. Nine different guards started. Icky gave up double digit sacks.

WR - No one on one play makers that could get open based on individual skill set.

The line is average. If anything, it was above average for the 1st half of the season and trailed off somewhat in the 2nd half. 

Frank's system may be archaic by today's standards, but his system has a reputation of being QB friendly by pushing the ball down the field. It's not Reich's fault that Bryce has terrible accuracy beyond 20 yards and couldn't make many of the throws Reich's system demands. 

Our WRs are terrible, I'll give you that, but only for half a season. For the first 10 games or so, our WRs had been NFL average in terms of getting separation per PFF. Their performance suffered a steep drop after Reich's firing. Again, who could blame them for not playing as hard when they knew Bryce was scared, weak armed, and couldn't find an open receiver? 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You can judge the physical traits. 

He doesn’t have height or a rocket arm sure. But his game is at his best on timing, accuracy, rhythm, and anticipation throws. 

if the pressure is in his lap every play, if his WRs are blanketed at the top of their routes, if they give up on routes, and if the scheme isn’t creating open match ups and adjusting projections he’s gonna look bad along with everyone else.

he has enough arm strength to make all the NFL throws. One of the hardest NFL throws is the opposite hash out route which we’ve literally seen him make. 

6 hours ago, top dawg said:

First of all, no one has said take a QB at 33, but if one falls based upon evaluations, you should consider him. 

You're right the Panthers were terrible from top to bottom, and what some fail to acknowledge is that Bryce was as big of a problem as anyone, and seriously you can't have that from your first round QB. But, acknowledging that everything was pretty bad, it's fine to continue trying to see what we can get out of Bryce. That doesn't mean that you can't draft talent along the way in whatever round to push Bryce to be whatever he can be.

Sorry, I don't believe that we should hold a cross up and treat another QB like Count Dracula in the upcoming draft. Putting all your eggs in one basket isn't the smart way to plan. If the 49ers had done that, they wouldn't have made it to where they are today.

No you shouldn’t. We have too many holes to be wasting a high second on a QB. 

What some people fail to acknowledge is that Bryce was a rookie being coached like poo and in a scheme that didn’t cater to his strengths. 

it’s idiotic to throw the baby out with the bath water at this point. 

2 hours ago, Loyalty4Life said:

Hhmmm 

Andy Dalton looked pretty good with the same cast against a decent Seattle team and we didn’t see him again…because…Bryce 

37 minutes ago, 0kBoomer said:

He doesn’t have height or a rocket arm sure. But his game is at his best on timing, accuracy, rhythm, and anticipation throws. 

if the pressure is in his lap every play, if his WRs are blanketed at the top of their routes, if they give up on routes, and if the scheme isn’t creating open match ups and adjusting projections he’s gonna look bad along with everyone else.

he has enough arm strength to make all the NFL throws. One of the hardest NFL throws is the opposite hash out route which we’ve literally seen him make. 

@poundaway

47 minutes ago, 0kBoomer said:

His arm is very subpar. He definitely cannot make all the throws. There are a lot of small window throws, deep outs, etc. that the big armed guys can make that just aren't in Bryce's wheelhouse at the NFL level. Yeah, the overall offense was trash this year. The OL was bad, the receivers were bad... and Bryce was bad. The one game where we had a viable vertical passing threat was the one game Bryce didn't play. Hate to say it but that's probably not a coincidence.

• Pie 2

53 minutes ago, 0kBoomer said:

No you shouldn’t. We have too many holes to be wasting a high second on a QB. 

What some people fail to acknowledge is that Bryce was a rookie being coached like poo and in a scheme that didn’t cater to his strengths. 

it’s idiotic to throw the baby out with the bath water at this point. 

What's idiotic is to put all your eggs in one basket. 

Strengths? It damn sure wasn't his arm...Anyway, his main strengths were supposed to be the intangibles like processing and pocket awareness. Is he likely to improve these things? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

And btw, I don't even necessarily mean pick 33, but I will admit if Penix is there, I'd be picking Penix, point blank. 

Edited by top dawg

3 hours ago, Loyalty4Life said:

The same skill set that was talked about non stop during the draft process.  It's hard to tell how sweet the chocolate is if it's covered in poo.

I fully admit Bryce could be a bust but he could also be a franchise QB.  I loved the flashes I saw last year.

We literally has Baker the year before last and he was awful.  Then he hooked up with Canales and looked like a starting QB in the NFL.  We hired that same guy so I'm excited about what he can do with Bryce.

Will Canales fix his height, frame, weight and mechanics? FYI, his bad mechanics are a direct function of his hieght....'Mr. bouncy toes."

• Pie 2